• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 1,075 Views, 55 Comments

Every Pony knows your mane: Tales from the Satin Slipper - Paradise Oasis



Stories from pondom's 1# hangout spot, through the eyes of a mare named Fizzy!

  • ...
1
 55
 1,075

Babysitting a Brat

Babysitting a Brat

"Hey girls! What's up?" Fizzy greeted the two mares behind the counter. "Just stopping by to pick up my schedule for next week."

"Oh, hey Fizzy." Scoops, greeted her, as she wiped a malt glass out with her hooves. "How's your day off going?"

"Oh, I'm having a whole bunch of fun!" Fizzy smiled, trotting up and picking up her schedule off of the counter. "Spent all morning down by the waterfront with Gusty, and we had a whole bunch of fun swimming!"

"Really? Is that the only reason you went there, Fizz?" Lickety teased, cocking an eyebrow. "You sure it wasn't to see those big, studly sailors down there, hmmmmm?"

"I dunno what you're talking about." Fizzy replied nonchalantly, turning away to hide her crimson cheeks. "Now, if you two will excuse me..."

"Oh, Fizzy? There's something else we wanted to ask you." Scoops added, before the mare could leave. "Would you mind taking Lickety's Split's daughter with you for the day? Buttons is out of town, so we need a replacement babysitter for the day."

"Oh, sure! That would be great!" Fizzy replied with a smile. "It would be really fun to take a little filly along, kind of like having a little sister!"

"Thanks, Fizz. I owe you a lot!" Lickety replied, turning back to face the kitchen. "Little Lickety, Fizzy is here!"

"Coming, mommy." A little purple mare trotted out, smiling sweetly. "Hello, Miss Fizzy. I'm really looking forward to your day out together."

"Aww, aren't you the sweetest little thing!" The ditzy mare giggled. "I'm sure we''l get along just fine!"

"Yeah, let's get going!" The filly galloped out the door. "See, you later, mommy!"

After the two ponies trotted out the door, the mares behind the counter gave each other guilty stares.

"Do you think we should have told her?" Lickety asked, looking out the door after them. "I really don't think she deserves this."

"I'll give Fizzy an extra day off every week, she certainly deserves it after today." Scoops replied, shaking her mane with a sigh. "Still, with that daughter of yours... may the horsemaster have mercy on her poor soul..."

...

"Wow, I can;t believe we get to spend a whole day together!" Fizzy grinned, looking down at the little filly. "So, what did you want to do first?"

"I wanna go down to the stage!" Baby Lickety split replied, the cute look on her face melting away. "I wanna go dance on stage, and become a star!"

The filly immediately took off, galloping away from the Satin Slipper, and seeping her way towards the Baby Bonnet stage on the other side of the castle.

"No, wait!" Fizzy pleaded, desperately galloping after the runaway brat. "Lickety, you can't go out there! There's a play going on right now!" The mare gasped out. "Lickety, please slow down!"

The little filly shot like a rocket across Dream Valley, with a twinkle-eyed unicorn in hot pursuit. Out on the Castle lawn, Gusty was having a a picnic with her boyfriend, Score. Neither of the two of them saw the small purple blur zooming straight towards them.

"Hey babe, would you like some cake?" Gusty said suggestively, levitating a fork with up for him to take a bite.

"Mmmm, sweets from a sweet." He wiggled his eyebrows, opening his mouth to take a bite. "How can I resist?"

BOOM! Before he could take a bite, the filly rammed right into the unsuspecting stallion, sending him flying. Before Gusty could even react, the filly brat trampled all over the unicorn's picnic lunch. Fizzy followed up behind her, flopping the tablecloth over Gusty's head.

"Damn you, Fizzy!" Gusty yelled, pulling the tablecloth off of her head. "It took me four hours to make that lunch!"

"Sorry, Gusty!" Fizzy yelled back, trying to keep up with the speeding brat. "I'll make it up to you, I promise!"

As the to drew closer to the stage, they came across Baby Poesy, who was just finishing putting a new flower into the castle's exterior garden.

"There you are, miss Sweetpetals. It took me almost a year to grow you, but you're finally ready to bloom for the whole world to see!" The earth filly said tenderly, looking down at the rare white rose she had just transferred from her mother's garden. "I promise you'll be safe out here, away from all the scary things farther out in the forest!"

CRUNCH! Baby Lickety Split squished the delicate flower, reducing it to broken petals as the filly zoomed onward. Baby Poesy simply stared at the flower with watery eyes.

"M-miss Sweetpetal!" The little filly blubbered, tears streaming down her face. "Why?!?"

"Who cares about your stupid flower?" Baby Lickety yelled back. "I'm gonna be a star!"

The little filly finally ran backstage at the Baby Bonnet ampitheatre- the large blue stage shaped like a filly's head covering. On the Stage, Gypsy and heart throb were on stage, singing and dancing while Spike the dragon played the piano. A whole audience of ponies had their eyes on the play- just the sort of audience the spoiled brat had hope to catch the eye of!

Baby Lickety had just gotten backstage, when an angry mare finally caught up with her. Levitating the brat up, Fizzy turned her around to stare her in the eye.

"There you are!" The angry blue mare snapped, scowling at the little filly. "Young lady, don't you know how much damage you've caused?!"

"I don't careeeeeeeeeeee!" The spoiled little earth filly wailed, looking out onto the stage while kicking and screaming. "I wanna be a STAR!"

"There you are, Fizzy!" Gusty came trotting up, with Score and Baby Poesy behind her. "And what do you think your doing with that filly?"

"Gusty! Oh, I uh...." The mare looked around nervously, while the filly she had trapped in a floating force field giggled.

"Oh boy, you're gonna get it now, Fizzy!" Baby Lickety giggled, looking over at Gusty with innocent eyes. "Help, this mean mare's gonna hurt me for what she did!"

"Wait! that's not true!" Fizzy wailed, throwing her hooves up defensively. "Gusty, she's lying!"

"Don't worry Fizz, we're here here to help!" Gusty declared, as baby Poesy held up a wooden plank. "Lickety Split lets that brat run wild, so we're gonna do something about it. Wanna hold her in place, while I take care of the business end of things?"

"Nooo! You can do this to me!" The bratty filly wailed, as gusty levitated the plank up to her backside. "You can't paddle a star! I want my mommy! Mommy!"

The sound of the play onstage covered up the disicplnary action going on behind the scenes.