• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 1,075 Views, 55 Comments

Every Pony knows your mane: Tales from the Satin Slipper - Paradise Oasis



Stories from pondom's 1# hangout spot, through the eyes of a mare named Fizzy!

  • ...
1
 55
 1,075

Twinkle, twinkle little eyes...

Twinkle, twinkle little eyes...

"Fizzy, this is Gingerbread, Sweet Stuff sent her over from the castle kitchen." Scoops told the mare, introducing the white mare with the blue mane,. "Since Lickety requested the day off, she'll be helping you on the evening shift. She's filled in on days here before, so you do exactly as she says, all right?"

It had been four days since Fizzy's 'embarrassing' encounter with Salty, and the mare was trying to step up and be more responsible around the Satin Slipper. Scoops was still very cautious, obviously, and was careful not to leave the ditzy mare alone in the ice cream parlor.

"Okay, we'll keep an eye on things here!" The blue mare said with a smile. "See you later, boss!"

"So you're Fizzy, hm? So good to meet you." The mare with the Gingerbread cutie mark greeted her. "And don't worry, I trust you to keep the soda fountain running, just leave the ice cream to me!"

"You got it, Ginger!" Fizzy replied cheerfully, before noticing something about the other mare's face. "Hey, you're a twinkle eyed pony, like me. That's so awesome!"

"So? That doesn't make me any different from any other pony!" Gingerbread snorted indignantly, turning away to face the ice cream freezer. "There in nothing special about having one type of eyes or another."

There was silence between the two for several minutes, before the cranking of the turnstile signaled the arrival of hungry customers. "Hey there, Fizzy! What's up?"

"Mimic, so good to see you here!" Fizzy said with a smile, looking up as the mare trotted into the shop with another pony. "And you brought a friend with you, how cool!"

"Fizzy, this is Locket." Mimic explained, pointing to the pink Pegasus with an orange and purple mane. "She's Dream Valley's master locksmith, and warden of the castle dungeon."

"Hey Fizz, nice ta meet ya!" The cool-voiced mare replied, her gemstone eyes winking softly in the light. "Mimic told me all about ya, and it's a real pleasure!"

"Wow, you're jewel-eyed ponies, too!" Fizzy replied with a smile. "But I don't think Gingerbread here likes that too much."

"And just want exactly is wrong with being jewel-eyed?" Mimic asked, cocking an eyebrow. "I'm perfectly happy with the glass peepers I have, thank you very much!"

"Oh, I did mean to say there was anything wrong with being twinkle-eyed." Gingerbread replied defensively, putting her hooves up. ""I was just saying I don't want to be seen as different from other mares."

"Well, I personally think, in this case, being different is a good thing." Locket replied proudly, as Fizzy poured and served the two of them root beers. "Consider that, unlike other ponies, we never have to put up with infections like pink eye."

"And we never have to go see an eye doctor, or get glasses." Mimic added. "We have a lot of advantages the 'normal' eyed ponies don't have!"

"I know, I just wish other ponies wouldn't make fun of us for it." Gingerbread said with a sigh, trotting over to the other three. "I mean, everyone in the bakery keeps telling me to take my eyes out when I bake cookies, so they don't fall into the oven."

"I know what you mean. The guards in my dungeon think I take my eyes out and leave them on my dresser at night when I sleep." Locket sighed. "And I even had a stallion I was out on a date with ask me if I could shoot goblins with my eye death rays."

"Oh brother, why do ponies have to be some dumb?" Gingerbread rolled her eyes. "It's not like we can see in the dark, or have x-ray vision."

"Still, I think it's really cool we have something that makes us unique." Fizzy replied with a giggle. "everyone has something that makes em' different. Our thing just makes us a little more different."

The other three smiled, nodding their heads in agreement at Fizzy's pronouncement. But as the mares talked and laughed together, Another mare trotted into the Satin Slipper, walking up to the counter.

"Excuse me, but if you rock-eyes aren't too busy being idiots, I would like some service over here." The mare snorted, after the group failed to acknowledge her at first.

"Um, excuse me, but couldn't you be as little more polite?" Gingerbread asked politely. "We prefer to be called 'twinkle-eyed ponies', and-"

"I don't care what you prefer, glass face." The yellow earth mare snorted. "I want a vanilla cone, and I want it, now!"

"Sheesh, don't be such a grouch!" Fizzy exclaimed, as Gingerbread got her a cone. "Here take your ice cream and go, meat eyes."

The mare merely scowled at her, and trotted over to one of the tables to eat. But as she began licking her cone, all of the other mares glared at her, their hollow glass eyes glowing with an unnatural light. No one noticed Fizzy and Mimic's horns glowing as well, and it almost seemed there were invisible beams firing from their eyes, and boring a hole straight through her cone.

"What the- hey! My ice cream's melting!" The mare wailed, as the liquid goo from her cone splattered all over her face. "You stupid glass eyes gave me melted ice cream!" The mare with the magic wand cutie mark got up, and galloped out the door. "The Satin Slipper will pay for this, and you'll all be sorry!"

"Wow, that mare was quite a b-" Locket started, before fizzy drawing another soda from the fountain cut her off. Mimic and Gingerbread just glared at her, knowing what she was going to say in front of the childlike Fizzy.

"Well, let's just say she wasn't as very nice pony." Mimic giggled, as Fizzy served them all another round of root beers.

"Agreed." Gingerbread smiled, holding up a frothy mug. "And hey, I guess we did prove those jewel eyes do come in handy, after all!"