• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 1,075 Views, 55 Comments

Every Pony knows your mane: Tales from the Satin Slipper - Paradise Oasis



Stories from pondom's 1# hangout spot, through the eyes of a mare named Fizzy!

  • ...
1
 55
 1,075

A broken Pony

A Broken Pony...

“Gee Fizzy, I can’t believe how well you’ve gotten Baby Lickety to Behave!” Scoops noted in shock, looking down at the filly sitting at a table, and drawing with some crayons. “I’ve never seen her sit still for this long!”

“Oh, well… you know how kids can be…” Lickety smiled, glaring over at the filly, who would rub her reddened flank with her hoof whenever her mother wasn’t looking. “Anyway, you’d better get her home, Lickety, you know how cranky babies can get when they haven’t had their naps.”

“Okay, bye you two!” The mare trotted out the door. “Come along, dear.”

“Yes mama.” The angry-looking filly glared back at Fizzy, as she trotted out after her mother. “This isn’t over.” The filly’s glare seemed to say.

“Yeesh boss, why didn’t you warn me about that little demon?” Fizzy asked, shaking her mane out. “She almost drove me batty.”

“Sorry Fizz, we really should have been more honest with you.” Scoops apologized. “But right now, I have another project I’d like you to help with.”

“Really? Cool!” Fizzy exclaimed, levitating a glass up to the soda fountain. “What is it, the filly scouts hosting another meeting here tonight?”

“Nope, that’s not the project- we are!” A unicorn with a pink coat and mane exclaimed, sliding in through the turnstile. “Scoops asked us to rock this place, and boy is my band gonna bring the house down!”

“Fizzy, meet DJ.” Scoops announced, pointing towards the gaudy mare with a feather boa and dangly earrings. “She’s the DJ for the dance and Twirl ponies, a band I requested to play here and draw in more customers.”

“Wow, that’s so cool! I totally love rock!” Fizzy shook her hoof. “My friend Sparkler uses her magic to find lots of rocks!”

“No no, not that kind of Rock, the music kind!” DJ replied, slightly annoyed. “I’m shocked you haven’t heard of us on bright valley stereo!”

“I never listened to the radio, sorry.” Fizzy shook her mane sadly. “My aunty told be stereotypes were bad!”

The two mares in front of her promptly face hoofed and groaned, before Scoops replied. “Fizzy, I want you to serve sodas to DJ and her band while there here. Get them whatever they need.”

“You got it, boss!” The ditzy blue mare agreed, saluting Scoops. “I’ll make sure these musicians are thoroughly liquidated!”


“That rally doesn’t sound very appealing for some reason, Miss Fizzy.” DJ replied nervously. “Just… make sure we get enough sodas, ok?”


After what she had gone through with the brat, Scoops was once again willing to leave the mare alone in the Satin Slipper once again. She was just serving a little filly a cherry cola float, what five odd looking ponies came clattering and clanking through the door.

“Hi, and welcome to the Satin Slipper!” The dizty unicorn greeted them. “Can I get you anying?”
In response, the five mares simply cluttered, clanked, and spat out steam,. Forming a line of the far side of the slipper, they suddenly spun their tales in a circle, and they all stood on their back hooves and did a dance pose.

“Oh, you must all be DJ’s band!” Fizzy exclaimed, surprised by the gaudily dressed mares’ silence. “Huh, and you’re awful quiet, too. And really steamy.”

“Don’t worry about their quietness, cousin.” DJ noted, trotting in the entrance. “Just make sure I’m well supplied with root beer while I’m here.”

“Just you? But what about your bad?” Fizzy protested. “Won’t they get thirsty too?”

“Just keep the soda flowin, Fizzy girl!” The pink unicorn snapped. “I’ll see to my groups needs!”

As so, the band started to play music and dance, jumping and twirling the hip hop beat that seemed to emanate from their very bodies. Fizzy thought these ponies simply must be magic, being able to play music like that with no instruments!

“How are you doing that?” Fizzy asked one of the unicorns curiously. “Can you teach me that spell?”

“Hey, no talking to the musicians, soda jerk!” The pink unicorn snapped angrily, downing her seventh root beer. “They are way to sophisticated and hip to talk to a silly filly like you!”

“Yah, I guess your right.” Fizzy replied with a sigh, levitating a soda over one of the mare’s heads. “Hey, you look thirsty. What some root beer to drink?”

“No, don’t!” The mare exclaimed, pushing Fizzy out of they way. “Get that stuff away from her!”

As DJ knocked Fizzy down, the soda splashed all over the clanking and sputtering mare, causing it to sizzle and spark. The pony collapsed into a sputtering heap at Fizzy’s hooves, thick black smoke pouring out of the carcass.

“Oh no, Songster!” DJ wailed, looking down at the mare in a panic. “Fizzy, you broke her!”

I….broke her?” Fizzy looked down, and her lower lip began to treble. “I broke a pony! I’m a murderer! A MURRDERRRERRRRRRR!” The mare wailed, galloping out of the Satin Slipper, and out into the night.

“No fizzy wait!” DJ called out, running up to the turnstile. “It’s only a… robot…”

Another pony…. She had actually broke another pony! Oh, how could she ever show her face in public again! She must go far away, into exile in the purple mountains. Oh, how she would greatly miss her friends. But they would all be better off without a horrible mare such as her! Galloping back to her room, Fizzy began packing her clothes and things.

“Goodbye Salty… I wish we had actually been able to go on a date together.“ She thought aloud. “Well, you did walk me out of the Slipper once, but I don’t think that counts!” Her eyes filled up with tears. “Oh well, maybe you meet a nice, un-murdery mare, and be happy. But I can stay far away from you, so you won’t end up broken too!”

With a heavy sigh, the mare levitated her bag on a stick over her shoulder, and trotted out the entrance of Dream Castle, leaving the life she had ruined behind her forever.