• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 1,075 Views, 55 Comments

Every Pony knows your mane: Tales from the Satin Slipper - Paradise Oasis



Stories from pondom's 1# hangout spot, through the eyes of a mare named Fizzy!

  • ...
1
 55
 1,075

Bizzare Romance

Bizarre Romance

"Fizzy, I'm telling you... they are only machines!" Scoops explained to her, pointing out the clockwork gears and hinges on one of the robots to the unicorn. "DJ animates them with her magic, and the move at the command."

After hearing that Fizzy was preparing to leave the castle, DJ and the Satin Slipper's proprietor had retrieved the ditzy unicorn, and brought her back to see the equine-shaped automatons.

"But how can that be?!?" A bewildered Fizzy replied, looking the artificial ponies over with wide jeweled eyes. "Scoops, I saw the Dance n' Twirls perform on stage last year, and they all looked real! There's no way they could be robots!"

"Well, there are real Dance n' Twirls, Miss Fizzy. We just can't have them be everywhere at once." DJ explained, trotting up and animating one of the automatons with her glowing horn, making it twirl it's tail. "That way Tap Dancer, Songster, Swinger and Twirler can be in more than one place at a time!"

"Ohhhh, now I get it!" Fizzy exclaimed, realizing that she really hadn't hurt anyone. "Wow, so all I did was scramble some gears."

"Yeah, but I took her to Wind Whistler," Scoops explained, putting a hoof on the robotic mare. " and she fixed Songster up really good, after you spilled the soda on her."

"Whoa, these things are so cool!" Fizzy exclaimed, her horn glowing as she concentrated. "Any unicorn could operate these things... even me!"

The jewel-eyed mare stared at the clockwork ponies, and they slowly began to move. Blinking eyes, swishing tails, and stamping hooves gave evidence that these mares weren't just painted statues.

"Wow, I so totally can't believe that we're performing in Dream Valley!" Tap Dancer, the purple mare with the orange mane, commented. "even if were so totally not here in person!"

Yeah, and it's soooo awesome to be operated by a cool pony like fizzy!" Swinger, the yellow automaton with a green mane, agreed. "Better than that talentless hack DJ operating us."

"Yeah!" The pink mare Twirler agreed. "She's such a lame performer, that-"

"I think that's quite enough, Miss Fizzy!" DJ interrupted, in an annoyed tone. "Scoops, would you mind showing me down to the palace kitchens? I'd like to have a nice healthy non-junk food meal before I head back to Bright Valley."

"Certainly, Miss DJ." The proprietor mare nodded, looking back to her employee. "Fizzy, keep an eye on the place until I get back- oh and don't mess with the Dance n' Prance ponies- I've asked Mimic to come in and operate them from now on."

"You got it, boss!" As the other two ponies left, Fizzy began wiping the counter down with a levitated cloth. I t was only a few moments later, that a familiar stallion walked in through the turnstile, and trotted up to the counter.

"Avast there, me lovely!" A gruff voice barked, smiling warmly at the mare. "And how be ye on this fine evening?"

"Oh, hi Salty! How nice to see you!" The flummoxed mare blushed, dropping the cloth on his head. "oops, sorry about that!"

"Is all right, me Fizzy." The stallion exclaimed, taking the rag off his head. "Ye can make it up ta me by gettin' me one o' yer famous root beer floats."

"Sure, Salty!" The mare exclaimed, levitating the glass up to the fountain. Filling the glass, she noticed Salty staring back at the motionless dance 'n prances. "Hey, Salty? Are you a fan of rock and roll?

"Huh? Naw, I'm more a jazz pony myself, lassie." The stallion replied, inclining his head towards the robotic mares. "Eye was just thinkin' how lovely that there Songster looks. Such a fine mare, ta waste her talents on rock and roll."

"Ohhh, a you're a jazz fan?" Fizzy asked, her ears perking up. "Me too! I never pegged a sailor pony for liking that kind of music."

"Aye lassie, tis' good music ta listen to, while sailing along on the waves." The grungy sailor sighed, taking a sip of the root beer she had served him. "It matches the flowing rhythms o' the ocean."

"It must be so much fun, being out on the ocean like that." The mare replied dreamily, serving Salty his third root beer. "I'd love to be out there on that pretty ocean with all the lovely bubbles and foam."

"Ye really love the ocean, don't ye lass?" The stallion smiled, downing another root beer. "How would ye like ta come out with me on on a cruise around the northern Jewel Sea? Oh on yer next day off, of course."

"I'd love to!" The mare said, starry-eyed. "It would be so awesome to go out on a boat and go sailing!" She smiled, at him, smiling. "Especially with a stallion like you, Salty."

The two ponies gazed into each others eyes, totally oblivious to the world around them. The two slowly moved closer and closer to each other, their lips almost touching in this most romantic of moments, that nothing could ever possibly ruin....


"BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP!"

The sound emanated from Salty, causing the embarrassed stallion to turn a bright red, and cover his mouth with his hoof.

"F-fizzy, I'm so sorry... my horrible manners...."

Fizzy stared at him blankly for a few minutes, too surprised to say anything, before her horn began to glow, and she responded with a loud-

"URRRRRRRRRRRRRP!"

Salty stared at her, shocked, until both ponies burst into laughter.

"Controlling bubbly gas is a funny special talent, huh?" The ditzy unicorn giggled, as she and the scurvy sailor held an interesting conversation, each trying to outdo the other.

"BURRRRRRRRP!"

"BARRRRRRRRRP"

"BRRRRRRAAAAAAAP!"

"AAAAARRRRRRRRRP!"

"AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRP!"

*TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!"

"Whoops, that one the air came out the wrong end!" Fizzy giggled.

"Aye, tis' a fell wind to be sure, my fair lassie." Salty replied, chortling uncontrollably.

The two ponies fell backward, both laughing uncontrollably, in a way that could only be romance in the eyes of these two very strange ponies.