• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 1,075 Views, 55 Comments

Every Pony knows your mane: Tales from the Satin Slipper - Paradise Oasis



Stories from pondom's 1# hangout spot, through the eyes of a mare named Fizzy!

  • ...
1
 55
 1,075

A Truly Heart-to-Heart

A Truly Heart-to-Heart

"Thank y'all for the new dress, Moondaincah. It's really verah lovleh!" Truly thanked her friend, trotting out of her apartment. "Thanks to y'all, I'm shoah to be the belle of the ball at this year's Dream Valley parade of costumes!"

It was late in the evening, and the council mare was on her way home from visiting her unicorn friend, and wearing a new blue dress the pony had given her. She had just made it halfway down the hallway, when a large, translucent bubble suddenly engulfed her.

"Hey, what the heck is going-" She cried, as the large orb began to float away with the earth mare inside. "Hey, put me daown! SOMEBODEH HAILP ME!"

Upward and onward the bubble floated, passing through one of the castle windows, and soaring high over the castle's western turret. There, a blue unicorn mare ws sitting on the roof, calmly sipping a root beer float.

"Hey there, Truly!" Fizzy greeted her, as the bubble lowered itself down towards the mare with the glowing horn. "So nice of you to 'drop in'."

"You! I shoulda known y'all'd be behaind this, Fizzeh Pop!" The earth mare growled. "Y'all betttah put me dawon raight naow, or I'll convince the council tah ride ya outta Dream Valley on a rail!"

"Nope, not until you sit down and talk this out." The unicorn gave her a smirk. "Unless you want that lovely designer dress Moondacer gave you, to join you in a head first dip into the rainbow river..."

"No! No thiat won't be nesscesscerah, Fizz!" Truly replied nervously, trying to keep her veneer of calm. "What y'all want ta talk about?"

"Maybe about why you hate me so much?" The unicorn cocked an eyebrow, looking up at the uppity earth pony. "What did I ever do to you, so that you were willing to destroy the business Scoops spent her whole life building?"

"Whut do y'all mean?" The earth mare asked innocently. "Ah was jest pointing out yo sloppy mess ta Doctah Medicin. It's not mah fault thait y'all made such a mess!"

"Really?" Fizzy asked incredulously, sipping away at her bubbly soda. "Then why the heck did you have Baby Lickety Split skulking around the Satin Slipper, messing everything up behind my back so Dr. Medcin would think we were so unclean?"

"Wait, how the hay did y'all know about thait?" Truly asked in shock, her eyes going wide. "Did thait little scaliwag rat me out? And aftah all thiat candy ah gave her!"

"You think I didn't notice little miss bratty brat running around the shoppe? And on the day her mom wasn't there?" Fizzy smiled, narrowing her eyes. "And I really wasn't sure it was the two of you... until you just told me right now, that is."

"Ah! Why you little!..." Truly scowled, crossing her hooves angrily while floating in the bubble. "Ah was hpoin' ta get y'all fiahaed for y'all incompetence, then ah'd git the queen ta reopen the Slippah. Ah haid no attention ah leavin' Scoops hagin, it's not her fault thait ya'll are an incompetent nitwit!"

"But why?" Fizzy asked, shaking her mane. "Why have you been tormenting me ever since we were school together as fillies?"

"Fizzeh, ah didn't even know you as a filly! Ya'll must be remeberin wrong!" Truly lied "Ah came ta Dream Valleh from the saouth years aftah mah school years!"

"Hmmmmm, gee Truly, I think I'm starting to get awfully tired..." Fizzy yawned, as the bubble began to sink towards the ground.

"All raight! Ah admit ah bullied y'all in school!" The mare snorted, looking at the ground far below nervously. "Ah couldn't staind haow uppity y'all acted back then, smilin' so naice an sweet, and ah cain't staind it naow! Scoops an' Lickety nevah shoulda hired y'all!"

"Well, I'm afraid you're just gonna hafta put up with me, 'cause I'm not going to leave the Slipper any time soon." Fizzy smiled smugly. "And you're going to use your influence to get the sweet shop reopened, or I'm going to go to the queen and telling her about your little scheme here." Her horn began to glow, lowering the bubble back down though the window. "I'm sure your seat on the council would pull a magic trick, and disappear!"

"Blast y'all Fizzeh, I hate y'all for messin everthang up!" The angry mare snorted. "And y'all cain be shoah this isn't ovah, ah promise y'all!"

"Oh, I'm sure you'll be a thorn in my hoof for a very long time to come." The filly replied, her horn glowing again. "But you sound really steamed, Miss Truly. I really think you should take some time to cool off!"

Suddenly, the bubble was sent flying off towards the rainbow river, where it popped just above the water's surface.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" SPLASH! "DAHM YOU, FIZZEHHHHHHH!"

"Have a nice swim, my good councilmare." The blue unicorn giggled, finishing her float off, before trotting back down into the castle. "Shame your lovely gown is all washed up!"

...

"Fizzy there you are!" Lickety Split exclaimed, as she and the other two mares came galloping up. "Fizzy, look we just wanted to say-"

"-we're sorry" Mimic continued. "We judged you harshly, and we never should have thought ill of you."

"We'll get the Satin Slipper open again somehow, Fizzy." Scoops told her, a warm smile on her face. "And when we do, my number one soda jerkette will be there to make the customers smile!"

"Girls, girls... don't worry! I go everything totally under control!" The unicorn's jewel eyes twinkled. "Now why don't we all go back to the Slipper, and all have cherry colas and hot fudge sundaes?"