• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 1,075 Views, 55 Comments

Every Pony knows your mane: Tales from the Satin Slipper - Paradise Oasis



Stories from pondom's 1# hangout spot, through the eyes of a mare named Fizzy!

  • ...
1
 55
 1,075

Pony Sea Cruise, part one

A pony Sea Cruise

“Wow, this ship is so fancy!” Fizzy exclaimed, looking around at the small, white yacht floating in the water in front of her. “I still can’t believe you invited me along on such a fabulous cruise!”

The two ponies were standing down at the Dream Valley docks along the rainbow river, Where salty was showing the mare the vessel they would be taking on their journey. Fizzy and Salty had finally gotten a day off in the same week, and were determined to make the most of it.

“I’m so glad you like it, my little sugar mare.” The earth stallion said with a smile, walking up the gangplank and motioning her to follow her. “My captain and me mates… ‘liberated’ this vessel from a goblin nobleman. And I think it’ll see us to the great Ponyland Sea quite nicely.”

“Well, good sir, would you be kind enough to show me around your vessel?” Fizzy giggled, as he took her hoof in his. “I’d love to see what it has to offer.”

“For a mare-valous pony like you?” He smiled, as the two trotted on board. “Anything!”

While the two ponies were busy looking around on the deck, two Pegasus were trying to sneak their way onto the ship via a porthole on the starboard.

“Heywouldyouhurryupandgetthough!” A pink mare with a purple and lavender mane exclaimed, trying to push her friend through the small window by the flank. “Ifwestayoutheretoolong, theyaresogonnaseeus!”

“Ah, tryin’ ta get through, but these windows ah so tineh!” The Pink mare with the red mane, who was currently stuck halfway through the open porthole, complained. “Ah nevah thought it’d be this haird getting on the ship!”

“Itwouldbebesohardforyou, ifyou’djustlosesomepoundsHeartThrob!” The other mare exclaimed, pushing against her stuck friend with all of her might.

“Why Wizzer! Are y’all makin fun ah mah weight naow?” The other mare snorted indignantly. “Ah’ll have you know, thait ah am as light as a feathahhhhhhhhh-!” The mare yelled, as she was finally shoved through the porthole.

The two mares, Whizzer and Heart Throb, had heard about this little cruise Salty had planned to take Fizzy on. The speedy one with the propeller beanie cutie mark had decided to invite herself along because she wanted to ‘help’ the couple out. While her friend with the winged hearts cutie mark was trying to play matchmaker.

“Y’all did the raight thing askin’ me tah come with y’all, Whizzah.” Heart Thob declared, as she pulled herself back to her hooves. “Yo sistah is goin’ ta need all the hailp she cain get!”

“HeyyousayingmysisterFizzycan’t-“

“Whizzah, honey, could y’all please try ahin talk a little slowah?” The southern belle pony complained, putting a hoof on the other mare’s mouth. “Talkin’ like thiat is so unladylaike!”

“All… right…” The other mare replied, concentrating to slow her voice down. “But only if you tone down that silly accent!”

“What? How dare y’all- Oh, all right, it’s not worth arguing over.” Heart Throb sighed, looking around at their surroundings. “Now, this cargo hold seems like it’s a perfect place to hide from those to, while we try to play Cupid!”

“Play cupid? I’ve never heard of that game!” Whizzer replied, her mouth running like a chatterbox. “Sounds like fun, how do you play it? Does somebody have to be it? Should I go hide? How do-“

“Oh dear…” Heart Throb sighed wearily, shaking her head. “This is going to be a long trip.”

The small white vessel sailed downriver, making its way towards Ponland’s inland sea. On the deck, the two ponies on this cruise stood on the foredeck, the autumn breeze blowing through their manes.

“Hey Salty, look at meeee!” Fizzy exclaimed, standing on the mast with her hooves outstretched. “I’m queen of the woooooorld!”

“Aye, you would make a lovely figurehead on a ship.” The stallion chuckled, as he spun the wheel at the helm. “In all of my travels, I have seen no lovelier creature on land or water.”

“Wow, to think of all the really neat places you must have gone, and adventures you’ve been on.” She sighed, trotting back to sit beside him. “Did you ever get to see a maticore before?”

“Aye lassie, and what a fierce beast they be, part lion and part… something else.” He waved his hoof across the horizon. “Captain Barnacle once had us stop our vessel on an island where they be dwellin’ for supplies. My mates and I barely made it away with our lives.” He looked down at her. “But certainly, ye have been on yer own adventures in yer time, lassie.”

“No, my life’s been one boring old thing after another.” She sighed, resting her head against him. “oh, don’t get me wrong, making sodas is awesome! But sometimes, I’d really like to blow bigger bubbles in a bigger pond.” Closing her eyes, her horn began to glow. And very soon, the water surrounding the boat began to bubble and roil like a hot tub.

“Wow lassie, that’s amazing!” The stallion exclaimed, as the bubbles died down. “What an incredible special talent you have, controlling the bubbles of air in liquids!”

“Yeahhh, but it’s pretty worthless for anything besides making sodas, or making myself a bubble bath.” Fizzy replied sadly. “And besides, it’s the only magic I can really do, besides winking. I’m pretty useless otherwise.”

“Ah, now I’d hardly call that useless missy, there are a lot of creative things you can do with those bubbles, I’m sure.” He grinned. “Besides, there are a lot of worse powers ta have. Take your friend Gusty; from everything you’ve told be, all she can really do with her magic is break wind!”

“Hahahahaha! That’s funny!” Fizzy giggled, her spirits perking up. “Poor Gusty, but I gotta say it’s true!”

The two ponies continued to laugh and talk though the day, as the two stowaways watched them from below decks.
“Hey, this is no good!” Whizzer complained, looking out on the pony couple with a jeweled eye. “All they’re doing is talking!”

“Then it’s up to us to heat things up a bit.” Finally deciding to spring into action, Heart Throb reached into her saddlebag with her wing, and pulled out a tall bottle with a sparkling liquid inside it.

“Hey Throb, whatcha got there?” Whizzer asked curiously.

“The human who sold to me called it wine.” The other Pegasus replied, putting the bottle on the floor, and rolling it out onto the deck. “He said it was a very romantic drink, any could loosen any couple up!”

“Hey, what’s this stuff?” Salty asked, as a bottle came rolling up to his hooves. Picking up the bottle, the sailor pony examined it carefully. “hmmm, looks like some kind of sparkling grape juice. I don’t remember picking this up in port.”

“Ohhh, I wanna try some!” Popping the cork out, she levitated the bottle over to herself, and downed about half of it in several gulps. “Oh, that was really good! Buuuurp!”

“Hey, leaver some for me, why don’t you?” She levitated the bottle to his mouth, and he downed the last of it in a few swigs. “Wow, that was really good! I need to pick up some more… whatever it was."

It wasn’t very long, before both of their cheeks were flushed a bright read. Both ponies began to smile and giggle, acting silly in a way that was even unusual for Fizzy.

“Tee hee, I feel so funny, *hic* like I’m all bubbly inside!” The mare giggled, stumbling as she tried to stand.
“Aye, lassie… I feel it, too.” He laughed, stumbling across the deck. “I dunno what was in that juice, but it must be magic! *hic*!”

“Speaking of magic… *hic*” She smiled, nuzzling him playfully. “Why don’t we go make some of our own?”

“Wh-what?” He asked incoherently, his face flushed. But before he could respond further, the two of them had winked off the deck in a flash of bubbles.

“Eep!” Whizzer squeaked, zooming out to the deck. “Where’d they go? Heart Throb, where’d she teleport them to?”

“I don’t know, Whizzer, I-“ She looked back through the porthole to the sleeping quarters, and suddenly turned pale. “Uhh, Whizz? I really think y’all should see this!”

“Wait, what?” The jewel-eyed Pegasus flew pack to look through the window on the door, and suddenly turned pale herself “What the heck are they doing?!? Why is he climbing on top of-“

“I think that love potion worked a little too well, sugah.” Heart Throb replied, pulling the other Pegasus away from the window. The two trotted out onto the deck. “I am so gonna give that wine merchant an earful when we get back!”

The two ponies conversation was cut off, when they heard a roaring sound coming from the river ahead of the boat. Running to the bow, the Pegasus pair saw a steep waterfall that was slowly drawing the boat in.

“Ummm, Heart throb?” Whizzer asked in a worried tone. “If Salty’s back there, then who’s driving the boat?”

“Uh oh..” Heart Throb exclaimed, as the two galloped back towards the wheel. “I think we’re in trouble now!”