• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 1,075 Views, 55 Comments

Every Pony knows your mane: Tales from the Satin Slipper - Paradise Oasis



Stories from pondom's 1# hangout spot, through the eyes of a mare named Fizzy!

  • ...
1
 55
 1,075

Get by With a little help from my friends...

Get by With a little help from my friends...

"Fizzy, Lickety Split has the day off, and I'll be coming in for the evening shift tonight." Scoops told the unicorn, loading up her satchel, and trotting her way towards the door. "You sure you can handle the shop while I'm gone?"

Word had gotten around Dream Castle about the 'party' the ditzy blue mare had caused at the ice cream shop, and many new and returning customers had come to the shop out of curiosity. Despite the losses that had occurred with Miss Truly's supporters refusing to patronize the establishment, Scoops was pleased enough by the turnout, that she felt her newest employee was ready to handle a day at the shop by herself.

"Sure, no problem, boss!" The bubbly unicorn giggled. "I'll make sure everyone leaves here with a warm and happy smile!"

"All right Fizzy, see you this evening." Scoops replied with a smile, trotting out the door. It wasn't very long, before the usual line of customers was waiting for their ice creams and sodas. But it also wasn't long, before little Fizzy soon discovered she was in was over her head.

"I'll take three scoops of Neapolitan." One mare requested.

"Coming right up!" The ditzy soda mare replied, before levitating the ice cream scoop uncertainly. "Wait, is that the pink and green one, or the brown and white ice cream, oh dear...."

"I'd like a three scoop vanilla, marshmallow, and rocky road cone, please!" A mare ordered.

"Okay, I got it here!" Sher stacked the three scoops high on a cone. But when she trotted forward to the counter, the top two scoops tumbled forward off the cone, and onto the customer's head.

"Hey!" The angry mare yelled, ice cream splattered all over her mane.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" The frowning Fizzy apologized, wiping the ice cream out of her mane. "Here, let me get you some more."

"No thank you!" The mare snorted, angrily stomping out of the ice cream parlor, the blue unicorn struggled frantically to meet the orders of all the unhappy customers. When the lunch crowd had finally died down, the poor mare finally collapsed in exhaustion.

"Oh dear," The soda jerkette cried in dismay. "I really don't think I can handle this on my own!" It was at that point, that an answer to her problems finally walked in through the door.

"Fizzy! There you are!" A white unicorn with an Autumn leaf cutie mark yelled in greeting. "Where the heck have ya been?"

Three mares came trotting into the Satin Slipper, big smiles on their faces as they spotted their dear friend. making their way up to the counter, the three sat on the stools and put their hooves on the counter.

"Gusty! Shady! Wind Whistler!" Fizzy said with a smile, bounding out from behind the counter to greet them. " It's so great to see you! But... what're you all doing here?"

"Why, we traversed to this location in order to ascertain how well things were progressing at your new place of employment, my good Fizzy." Wind Whistler, the blue Pegasus with the three whistle cutie mark, pointed out. "and to see if there was any manner in which we could offer you assistance."

"Huh?" Fizzy asked, confused. "What'd she just say?"

"What she means is we heard you had found a new job, and came her see if we could help." Shady, the depressed pink mare with the sunglasses cutie mark, replied sadly. "Though I don't know how much good a pony like me could do."

The three mares were childhood friends of the ditzy unicorn, and had come to check out her new place of employment. The sight of the spilled ice cream and messy shop, however, the trio quickly realized that their friend was in desperate need of some help.

"Whoa, I think you're in desperate need of some help." Gusty noted, as she looked back into the kitchen. "This place looks like a bunch'a goblins hit it!"

"Yeah, I've been so busy with the customers, I haven't had time to clean anything up!" Fizzy lamented, nodding back towards the sink of dirty dishes. "I'm not supposed to ask for help, but I could really use some right about now!"

"Say no more, my good Fizzy!" Wind Whistler insisted, already switching into organizer mode. "Shady, you stay out here at the counter with Fizzy, and handle the dinner rush customers."

"Okay, I'll do my best..." The earth pony mare replied in a worried tone. "I just hope I won't get in the way..."

"Excellent." The blue Pegasus replied, turning to Gusty. "Gusty, I'll need your help back in the kitchen with those dishes back there."

"All right!" The white unicorn mare agreed. "Let's get to it!"

The four ponies spread out though the ice cream parlor, starting about their work just as the dinner customers began galloping in. And while things went very well at first, the mares soon found that things were not going to be as easy as they had thought.

Back in the kitchen, Wind Whistler washed and stacked the dishes neatly on a large metal rack, standing upright in several rows, ready to be dried.

“All right Gusty, “ The blue Pegasus exclaimed, yelling down to the unicorn at the far side of the room. “give us a strong wind to dry these dishes out!”

“Coming right up!” Gusty lowered her horn, and released a mighty burst of air. The strong wind blasted over the dishes, sending them flying back against the wall, shattering into a hundred pieces.

“No, Gusty!” Windy pleaded, hanging on for dear life, as a miniature hurricane blew though the back of the shop, it blew out through the doorway into the dining room, hitting both the customers and the two mares working at the counter.

“Okay mister,” Shady started, handing a six-decker cone to a waiting stallion. "Here's you cherry and villia-ahhhhhhh!" The mighty blast of wind sent all that ice cream and cherry flying into the customer's face, and sending the cone upside down on the top of his head.

SPLAT!

"Ah ha ha! What a funny looking ice cream clown!" Fizzy giggled at the unfortunate customer. "He's even got a silly cone hat and cherry nose!"

"Ahhhhhh! My eyes!" The surprised stallion snorted. " I can't see!"

His face covered in ice cream, the stallion jumped around and bucked and kicked, knocking over tables and smashing chairs against the wall.

"Look out!" Shady wailed, as she and Fizzy his behind the counter. "That guy's gone crazy!"

All the ponies in the Satin Slipper fled out the door, as the stallion rampaged all through the dining room. Finally, the crazed pony shook the ice cream out of his face, then smashed though the turnstile as he ran out the door.

"Is everyone all right out here?" Wind Whistler asked, as the two mares looked out of the kitchen. Their eyes met a totally trashed dining room, with ice cream splattered everywhere, and a mixture of sodas splashed all over the once cleaned floor.

"Uh ohhhh...." Fizzy moaned, shaking her head at the sight of the broken tables and chairs. "I think I'm in real trouble now..."