• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 1,075 Views, 55 Comments

Every Pony knows your mane: Tales from the Satin Slipper - Paradise Oasis



Stories from pondom's 1# hangout spot, through the eyes of a mare named Fizzy!

  • ...
1
 55
 1,075

A Taste of her own Medicin: Truly's Terrible Revenge

A Taste of her own Medicin: Truly's Terrible Revenge

"Wow, so you tossed them both out into the river?" Mimic asked, trying not to fall off the counter stool laughing, "I bet romantic old Heart Throb and that screwey sister of yours won't ever be messing with your personal life again!"

"Well, Whizzer's heart was in the right place, but those two should've minded there own beeswax." The twinkle-eyed mare snorted, taking the dirty glass from the malt Mimic had just finished. "But yeah, Salty and I enjoyed a wonderful date afterwards!" Fizzy squeed excitedly, a loud squeak coming from her throat. "I really enjoyed spending time with him on that yacht Barnacle loaned us. And, he promised to take me out again the week after next!"

"That sounds like it'll be exciting for you,fizzy. You really should just keep to dry land for this one, though." The unicorn councilnmare yawned. "Well, it's been really fun, but I need to get up tomorrow for a meeting. See you later, Fizz! And remember, Scoops said to turn off the lights after you close up!"

"Night, Mimic!" The mare waved to her, before turning to serve another customer at the counter. "So what'll it be, little missy?"

"Cheery soda, please!" The cute little filly asked. Fizzy smiled, and retrieved

But just after Mimic went trotting out of the turnstile, trouble came trotting mares, only one of whom Fizzy recognized, entered the Satin Slipper. from the looks on their faces, the soda jerkette could tell the two were not here to share a laugh or swap stories.

"Theyah she is, doctah!" Truly exclaimed, as she led the purple mare with a pink mane into the Satin Slipper. "That's the soda jerkette who's serving sodas and milkshakes in an unsanitary conditions!"

"Oh, hi Truly! Welcome back!" Fizzy exclaimed cheerfully, serving a filly at the counter a cherry soda. "And I see you brought us another customer! Can I get you and your friend a root beer float?"

"I'm afraid we're not here for refreshments, miss." The mare with the two dove cutie mark explained, adjusting her glasses with her hoof. "My name is Medicin, and I am the chief physician in the Dream Castle infirmary. I am here because Truly informed me that your preparation of food and beverages may be a threat to the health of the ponies of Dream Castle."

"Fizzy, is Scoops or Lickety here?" Truly asked, looking past her behind the counter. "We really would prefer to talk to someone competent, heyah."

"No, both of them are off today, and they left me in charge." The blue mare replied though clenched teeth, ignoring the other pony's crack. "I'll be more than happy to answer your questions, and deal with any issues present."

"Could you please show us where you keep the ice cream, please?" Medicin asked. "I should like to check to see if it is cold enough."

"Sure, right over here." Fizzy replied, opening up the freezer for them. "As you can see, we always keep the ice cream at a frozen- oh, no!"

The three mares looked inside the cooler, only to find all of the ice cream in the containers had melted into slushy goo. Fizzy couldn't feel any cold coming out of the freezer, and all of the ice along the sides had melted.

"I-I don't get it, this ice cream was still cold just awhile ago!" Fizzy wailed, checking the plug behind the freezer. "Hey, who pulled this out of the wall?"

"Hmm, this is not good at all, miss Fizzy." The doctor said critically, adjusting her glasses. "I can't believe Scoops would allow this in her ice cream parlor."

Ahnd it gets worse, Medicin!" Truly exclaimed, motioning her head back towards the kitchen floor. "Just look haow this nitwit keeps this place clean."

The three mares trotted back, and noticed the entire floor was covered with muddy filth and grime. Dirty hoof tracks ran all along the black and white tiles, caking the entire surface with grime.

"I-I just don't understand it!" The perplexed soda pony cried. "I could have sworn I mopped this floor just an hour ago!"

"And that's not the worst of it!" Truly snorted, trotting over to where the cleaned glasses on the dry rack sat. "Take a look at these glasses she's servin' the customers sodas in!"

Medicin trotted over to the dry rack, and saw cups encrusted with dried chocolate and vanilla, along with many other disgusting malt ingredients lining the insides.

"This can't be happening!" Fizzy wailed, close to hysterical now. "I swear I just ran those glasses through the dishwasher!"

"Miss Truly, I have most certainly seen enough." The doctor snorted, turning to Fizzy. "young lady, you can tell your employer that I will be making a recommendation to the royal council that Scoop's royal operating charter be revoked." She shook her head, as the two mares trotted out the door. "I'm sorry, Miss Fizzy, but I'm afraid the Satin Slipper has served it's last malt."

"But I... how did... my dream job..." the blue mare collapsed onto one of the counter stools, tears pouring down her face. "It's over... it's all over! What did I do wrong?"

Outside the slipper, Baby Lickety Split came around the corner, just as Dr. Medicin left. Trotting up to the bratty little filly, a smile crossed the councilmare's face.

"I did just what ya wanted Miss Truly. Fizzy didn't even pay attention ta me cause mom works there!" The little imp chortled, as the mare patted a hoof on her head. "I messed the place up real good!"

"You did wonderfully, child." The southern mare's eyes narrowed, as she looked back through the slipper's entrance at the sobbing unicorn. "That'll teach that simple-brained idiot of a mare not to insult me!"