• Published 6th Nov 2013
  • 14,387 Views, 633 Comments

A New Lord of Chaos - Bookish_Devil



When the girls succeeded in befriending Discord they made a mistake. Chaos will always be present in any world, and it is better to keep the devil you know.

Comments ( 102 )

Good luck finding a new job:pinkiesad2::raritywink:

Good chapter, but I wish it was longer.

~Crystalline Electrostatic~

I like this chapter.

Comment posted by Moongaze14 deleted Oct 26th, 2014

Okay, 2 things:

1) It'd be interesting if you got your 666th like on Halloween.

2) You explained the images for "Sovereignty" and "Comradery," and I think I have the ones for "Freedom," "Preservation," and "Militarism."
"Freedom" is of Kamina and Simon facing down Lord Genome, representing the anime: Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann.
"Preservation shows Kyubey from the anime: Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
"Militarism" shows Sephiroth from the Advent Children Series.

But I still don't know what the images of "Restoration" and "Home" are depicting. Thoughts anyone?

I'm surprised you didn't include a tripple situation there.
Loyalty to friends is betrayal of the people and company.
Loyalty to the company is betrayal to friends and the people.
Loyalty to the people is betrayal of the company and friends.

I'd offer an old example, but the best I can come up with at the moment is Red vs Blue's Project Freelancer betrayals.

This is a good chapter, if short, and I would like to have more of this, but life does take precedence. I wish you good fortune.

Next chapter, the symbolism goes completely over Dash's head, and she plays eeney-meeney-miney-moe. :trollestia:

finding a job is easy finding a GOOD job is the real issue i hope it goes well for you

Man, Griffith truly fucked them over like no other though. But I can't wait for the next chapter, of this, and Bersek.:pinkiehappy:

5186739 I know that

The far left walked a man. The coverings upon his feet were battered, scuffed and worn. He was dressed in faded clothes. A old and battered hat covered his head, and upon his hips slung in great belts with gleaming bronze striping the middle were two objects she could not begin to name. Before him fled another man clad in black. They stroded upon a long and winding path with several doors upon it. The twisting path leading to a great dark stone tower standing like a sentinel in a field of roses.

Is from Stephen King's Dark Tower series, but I'm not sure which one it could be.

Oh sorry to hear that dude, but hey in the plus side you know had more time.

Ps: The Guts story, is that the story of Final Fantasy 7?

Good luck finding a job. I recommend looking towards 3rd shift. Lot of openings in my neck of the woods, maybe yours as well.

5186739
5187023
Yeah I was gonna say the same thing about Stephen King. I do like all these pop-culture references in the story, though I don't always get them right away ^^;. It makes re-reading them interesting.

Can't wait to see Twilight doing her trials, I wonder if they'll be anything like the ones from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and other similar, fictional tests or if there'll be more original tests employed, like with Fluttershy and her trials. If you can somehow work in that one with the chalice/Holy Grail from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Or maybe some trials like the quests/trials in the Dragon Age series.

IT'S BACK :pinkiehappy: :heart::rainbowlaugh:

If only I could like twice. Oh well. I have enjoyed this story very much though I do wish you updated more frequently, but I guess it would do us well to remember you have a life outside that of a fimfiction author. And must I say I simple adore intelegent characters and I truly hope that my favorite human gets the throne he deserves!

:pinkiegasp: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO now for the long wait

:yay:UPDATE!!!:pinkiehappy:
Good luck finding a job, no matter how small there is also the chance you could even find a GOOD job:raritystarry:
Like another has said before, try graveyard. Only very rarely are there few to no openings.
The problem with gravyard is that is the shift that the office dumps the worthless scum of the managorial staff. You know the ones, the ones that they CAN'T fire for some unknown reason but the BIG boss jumps and asks if that was high enough when the freaks say jump:facehoof:

Waiting for more when you can find the time:pinkiehappy:

Also could you add anything from Game of Thrones to the tapestry of loyalty? Also could you introduce Fluttershy and Luna to Game of Thrones, since it's one of the best epics I've read, that regularly kills off main characters! Would love to see how they react to it!!!!!

5186739

Restoration- The Dark Tower series by King. Whom ever controls the tower can either destroy the world, reshape it, or restore it.
Home- Ra's al Ghul. Kill humanity protect the earth.
5189173

Got it in one. :moustache:

5189990
OH! THAT Guts, cool so he used that references then, cool, and the next chapter will be close to come?

like they mentioned, GL on the Job.
as for the references:
Roland Deschain and the Dark Tower :check:
Tengen ToppaGurren Lagann :check
Arthur, Merlin and Nimue :check:
Guts from Berserker :check:
Dunno (ended up being the Deamon's Head AKA Ra'as Ghul or however it's spelt :check:
Kyubei from PMMM and the poor girls because the universe runs on suffering :check:
and Sephirot :check:

Too bad you cut them off before they could ask about the rest; I'd like to see their reactions to the stories of Simon & Kamina and Ra's al Ghul especially.

Yes finally more:twilightsmile:

I have enjoyed this. Please give me more.

It seems your characters likes to be in style... Did you think sometime to use the suit of "The Mask"?

Also I see you mentioned Berserk... Did you read also Bastard?

I feel ashamed i didn't get the Bezerk reference, when i got the Kunrin Lagin.....

5418100
I can keep hoping for it but his RL issues come first.

I'll just say I'm waiting with bated breath since I actually sat down and reread this. Now I'm going to sleep and going to say "Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate or just happy time if you don't celebrate anything."

Gah, I'm still obsessing about this story because I'm curious with what you'll do with the other paths. I can take a guess with regards to most of them but I have trouble coming up with something for some of them.

Laughter is the hardest for me. The only thing I can think of with regards to the darker side of it is that laughter is often used to conceal the darker aspects of someone's life or just to cope with things. A famous quote by Lord Byron, "And if I laugh at any mortal thing, tis that I may not weep." I could imagine also including the laughing others misfortunes, ie: Schadenfreude (or however you spell that damned word).

Honesty seems easy because real relationships work on a certain amount of white lies. Further the truth can cut deeper than the sharpest sword and has been the truth for a long time. You can take that concept many ways.

You've already talked about generosity which I'm curious how you'll specifically have that play out, ie: the scenario you have in mind.

Magic is probably the scariest one. Magic is a tool and like a lot of things it can be used both to benefit, heal, and to harm. What's scarier than taking complete control of someone's life and thoughts through magic and changing their very foundations and belief (reforming magic mentioned in Keep Calm). There's also the fact that magic can easily act like a bomb. If your bomb hits the enemy camp that's good, but what if you miss your target and cause collateral damage. Then again, I think mental magic is truly the scariest bit but I'm biased in ideology and beliefs on the sanctity of the mind from reading way too many SF and Fantasy stories.

5470584
Al Capone
Tom Landry
Paul William "Bear" Bryant
Indiana Jones
Alucard

Need I go on?

5455767
Don't forget the cases of Laughing Octopus and the Joker for laugher, they could help a lot

This story is AMAZING!!! Seriously, Delirium is a delight and his speaking is effecting the ponies in ways I can hardly begin to gush enough about! Moreover, seeing the trials Dash will soon endure has me at the edge of my seat! Oh...and the Luna and Celestia interactions!!! His Luna times are splendid, but I also love how things went with Tia as well.

Heck, is he gunna win? With Flutters out of the running, I think he should. Better yet, I want to see him as a legitimate player in the Equestrian power structure. Mind you, more as the shaker than anything else...plus, what would Discord think of him? Now THAT'S a meeting I'd pay money to see!

Well done good sir, VERY well done! This fic is something that bought me great joy, and I look forward to more!

More Chapters and May Writers Block Never Touch Your Mind

I love this story please continue :pinkiehappy:

I hope this story hasn't been abandoned it was one of my absolute favorites and has so much potential to keep going I check every day for updates to all my favorite stories sadly only one seems to still update regularly im hoping this one comes back soon I love its unique style

Such a great fic please update or give a reason why not.

4907867
celestia won't come out of the closet...SO I PULL OUT MY GUN!

I love this story:heart::pinkiehappy:

5896333
I think he will not do it for his strong libido too, he is more than open with his pervert nature, something tell me that if they loss he will change them into human and force them to remain naked for 24 hours just for the laughs, and he contain doing it to Shy because she was sleep and that wouldn't be funny, just like with Luna.

Also like he say chaos is not bad, is just random and everything has a dark side even harmony I think that is the lesson he try to teach them…well that and he just really like to see naked woman running around his house

Login or register to comment