• Published 22nd Dec 2013
  • 3,672 Views, 77 Comments

Jurassic Park Ponified - RustyNails



The Mane Six and CMCs go on an adventure, 65 million years in the making.

  • ...
7
 77
 3,672

Finale

The ponies hurried as fast as they could down into the control room. Twilight headed for the main computers and switched them on.

"Once we reboot the system we can get out of here. Let's hope it comes on quick."
Rainbow closed the door, but the computerized lock was down.

"The doorlocks! Twilight put up the door..."
She looked up to find a velociraptor menacingly fogging up the window. It had followed them down from the kitchen. The knob started to turn. Rainbow grabbed it with her teeth. The raptor burst the door open, but Rainbow Dash propped her body against it. She pushed with all her might, but she couldn't keep it shut. Twilight bolted for the door to help.

"Twilight put up the doorlocks!" Rainbow shouted.

"You can't hold it by yourself!"
Both Rainbow and Twilight pushed as hard as they could. Their hooves slipped against the floor.

"It's too strong!"
Applejack joined in to push against the door, propping her back legs against it.

"Let's see how 65 million years holds up against applebucking."
The raptor was still coming in.

"It's still not enough!" Rainbow screamed.

"Rarity! Get over here!!"
Rarity propped her body against the door, pushing with her back. Now all four mares were pushing against the door, but it was not enough. Unless the system was re-started and secured, the raptor would get inside and devour them. Sweetie Belle looked over at the computers. She worked with them all the time at home, maybe she could help. She leaped to the console and got her hooves on the keyboard and mouse. The other crusaders joined her.

"Unix system. I think I know this. Looks like each file controls a separate part of the park's systems. I've got to find the right one."

"Hurry Sweetie Belle." said Applebloom.
The four mares pushed against the door with every ounce of strength they had.

"Push harder!" Rainbow screamed.

"I'm trying!" Twilight shouted.
The raptor's clawed hands reached across from the other side. Twilight bit the raptor's fingers making it scream.
Sweetie Belle navigated through the computer's graphical directory.

"Here, Visitor's Center main systems. I bet it's in here."
Sweetie Belle clicked and followed the cursor into a subset of files. Applejack and Rarity's hooves were slipping against the floor. Rarity puffed out her cheeks and pushed with all her might.

"Of all the terrible lizards for my uncle to bring back," AJ huffed. "Why in the hay did bring back these things!"
The raptor pushed even harder, getting its claws around the door again.

"Twilight?" said Rarity. "Know any spells for turning a velociraptor back into bones?"

"No!!" Twilight screamed. "I don't know any death spells!"
Sweetie Belle navigated to a file that said 'Park Security Systems'.

"This file could be it"
She clicked on the file, but it didn't work.

"No, this isn't the right one."

"Come on Sweetie Belle, hurry." Scootaloo whined.

"We can't hold it out forever." Rainbow shouted.

"Keep tryin girls." said Applejack. "Embrace your elements and push!!!"
The mares gave it all they had against the door. The raptor screamed pushing with all of its strength. Sweetie Belle reached another file.

"System reboot. This has to be it."

"Let's hope so." said Applebloom.
She clicked on the file opening the program. A system restart icon appeared on the screen awaiting an okay. The three flillies put their hooves together.

"Here goes nothing."
Sweetie Belle clicked the icon with the mouse. The computer went through its cycle and one by one, they park's systems came back online.

"We did it!!"
The mare's shut the door on the raptor, just before the computerized lock kicked on. The lock jack activated, locking the dinosaur out of the room.

"What happened?" said Rainbow.
Twilight's eyes beemed with excitement

"The lock's on! The lock is on!!"
The four of them let go of the door exhausted.
A green icon flashed on the screen reading 'System Secure.'

"We did it!" cheered the Crusaders. "I can't believe we did it!"
They clocked hooves in celebration. The mares came down to see what they had done.

"What'd you girls do?" asked Rarity intently.

"We got the power back on!" said Applebloom. "Sweetie Belle figured out the systems and restarted it!"

"YeeHaw!!!"

"Awesome!"
Rarity gave her sister a big hug.

"I'm so proud of you Sweetie!!"

"What works?" asked Twilight.

"Everything." replied Sweetie Belle. "Phones, security systems, we're back in business!"
Twilight picked up the telephone with her magic.
In the bunker, Fluttershy and Pinkie were building a house of cards. Pinkie was about to put on the last card when the phone rang. The house of cards fell to pieces.

"Phoo." said Pinkie. "It always falls before I get to the top."
Fluttershy hit the speaker phone button with her hoof.

"Twilight?"

"Fluttershy." said Twilight. "We got the phone's working again."

"Oh good." Flutters sighed. "I was beginning to worry."

"Stay on the line. I'm calling Spike."
Twilight dialed the number for the library.

"Hey," said Applebloom. "Since the three of us saved the day."
Their eyes lit up.

"Maybe..."said Scootaloo.

"Could we?" said Sweetie Belle.
The three of them looked at their flanks, but once again there were no cutie marks.

"Shoot." Applebloom moped. "Hero cutie marks woulda been somethin."

"It's alright girls." said Applejack. "You'll find your marks someday."

"Though what you did was pretty awesome." Rainbow added.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Golden Oak Library, Spike was dancing to really loud music on the record player. The telephone rang, but Spike couldn't hear it.

"Come on Spike, pick up." said Twilight.
Owlowicious hovered down to the phone and answered it.

"Who."

"Spike?" said Twilight.

"Who?"

"Owlowicious! Is Spike there?"

"Who."

"He is?! Put him on the phone!"

"Who."

"I have no idea how she understands that bird." said Rainbow Dash.
Owlowicious took the phone in his talons and flew over to Spike.

"Oooh yeah, oooh yeah, hey hey..."
The owl pulled up the needle stopping the music.

"Hey! What happened to the music?"
Owlowicious handed Spike the phone.

"You."

"Oh thanks."
Spike cleared his throat and held the receiver to his ear.

"Golden Oak Library, Spike speaking."

"Spike, it's Twilight."

"Hey Twilight. How is the trip?"

"Not good. You wouldn't believe it, but there's a zoo of dinosaurs on this island."

"Live dinosaurs! That's awesome."

"Believe me Spike, it's not awesome. The dinosaurs are loose and trying to eat us. They already got Uncle Orange and his helpers."

"Gosh." said Spike. "Glad I didn't come. Is everypony else okay?"

"Yes we're all fine, but we're in trouble. I need you to message Princess Celestia. Tell her to send us a helicopter and its urgent."

"Of course."

"Fluttershy, you and Pinkie grab a jeep. We're getting out of this place."
Suddenly there was a loud crack in the room.

"It's gonna come through the glass!!!!!" Sweetie Belle screamed.
Rainbow Dash pulled down the shoulder rifle and fired several rounds. Fluttershy and Spike heard the shots over the phone.

"Girls!?"
Fluttershy hung up leaving Spike disconnected.

"Twilight?"
His eyes welled up with fear.

"TWILIGHT!!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rainbow Dash fired several shots through the movie theater's glass window. The glass was too thick, and the shots cracked it even more. Abandoning the gun, Rainbow stood on Twilight's shoulders to knock out a ceiling panel. She climbed up above the ceiling while Twilight levitated everypony else up. The raptor came crashing through window, landing on the computer desk. Screaming, it pounced for Twilight, but the smart unicorn was one step ahead. She teleported away just as the raptor snapped for her. Twilight reappered above the ceiling, slamming the panel down.

"Where do we go now?" said Rainbow Dash.
Twilight saw a light down an airduct.

"Down there."
The raptor stood on the table eyeing the ceiling, thinking of a way to get up. A projector protected genetic code onto its skin. It saw a ceiling tile bend under the weight of a pony, and growled. The ponies crawled their way through the air tubes toward the light at the other end. Suddenly the raptor's head burst in under the loose panel, pinning Sweetie Belle to the ceiling. Sweetie Belle screamed as the raptor snapped for her. Rarity turned around clenching her teeth in anger.

"Leave my sister alone!"
She kicked the raptor hard in the face until it fell back down, almost taking Sweetie Belle with it. Rarity grabbed the screaming filly with her magic and pulled her back up. The raptor recovered from its fall and took another snap at Sweetie hooves.
Twilight and Applejack hurried everypony down the air duct.

"Come on girls!" said Applejack. "Let's move."

"Move Scootaloo!" said Twilight.
They all headed down the duct. Reaching the end, Twilight lifted a grate off the floor and could see the dinosaur bones of the rotunda beneath them. The ponies piled down onto a scaffold next to the brachiosaur skeleton. As Rainbow Dash and Twilight helped the crusaders down they heard a snarl. The raptor was standing on the balcony.

"This thing just doesn't quit!" said Rarity.
The raptor perched on the balcony ready to jump across.

"Quick!" shouted Rainbow. "Onto the skeleton!"
The ponies climbed off the scaffold and onto the brachiosaur skeleton. The braces and wires creaked under the extra weight. The raptor roared and leapt from the balcony onto the skeleton, separating it into large sections. The ponies dangled above the floor on different parts of the skeleton: Applebloom and Sweetie Belle on the tail, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo on the ribs, and Twilight and Rarity on the neck and head. Scootaloo hung onto Applejack's hoof. Applejack was straining to hold onto her and the skeleton.

"Scootaloo, let go. Trust me."
Scootaloo dropped off the skeleton, hitting the floor hard. Looking up, the wire holding the rib section was coming out of the wall. The tail section which Applebloom and Sweetie were hanging on sprang loose and fell down. Twilight and Rarity lost their hold on the neck bones and fell to the floor. They covered their heads as the bones crumbled ontop of them. The wire holding the rib section finally gave way, falling right onto Scootaloo and taking AJ and Rainbow Dash with it. Scootaloo screamed as the skeleton hurtled towards her. She covered her head as the skeleton shattered to pieces. Applejack and Rainbow Dash layed on the ground hurt from the fall. Twilight recovered and tried to help Rarity to her feet.

"Ouch!" cried Rarity. "I think my hoof is sprained."
The unicorns looked up to the tarp in an unfinished wall section and saw a shadow on the other side. A larger velociraptor poked its head out from under the tarp, snorting as it surveyed the scene. Their eyes widened.

"Is that the big one?" Rarity whimpered.

"That's the big one."
Rainbow Dash got to her feet and helped Scootaloo to hers. Sweetie Belle looked up and screamed. The ponies huddled together in a group. The big raptor snarled and blocked their exit. The second raptor cornered them from behind.

"They've got us cornered!" cried Rainbow Dash.

"Looks like this is it girls." Applejack quivered.
The ponies shut their eyes. The big raptor growled and crouched down, ready to leap in for the kill, not noticing a large shadow coming behind it. The raptor pounced for the ponies but was caught for food by a loud roar. The ponies opened their eyes and looked up to see what had saved them. It was the T-Rex. It had torn through the same tarp and caught the big velociraptor in its jaws. The T-Rex shook the raptor and threw it on the ground dead. The ponies watched dumbfounded as to what had just happened. Just as the Rex was about to feast on the dead raptor, the second raptor screamed and charged the Rex, leaping onto neck. The raptor clawed and scratched the Rex's neck and face while the bigger predator snapped its jaws at it. Fluttershy opened the visitor's center doors.

"Girls! Come on!"
They hurried out the door behind Fluttershy leaving the T-Rex to finish its fight. The ponies hurried down the stairs to where Fluttershy's jeep was parked. Pinkie Pie was in the back seat.

"Princess Celestia's sending us a helicopter." said Fluttershy. "It's on its way."
They all climbed into the jeep. Fluttershy flew overhead and landed in the driver's seat.

"Well everypony," said Twilight. "Based on what we've experienced in the last two days, I think we can all agree that we don't endorse this park."
They all looked at eachother and nodded.

"No we don't" said Fluttershy.
Flutters floored the gas pedal and they sped away from the Visitor's Center. Inside, the T-Rex grabbed a hold of the raptor's tail. With one snap of its sharp teeth, it killed the raptor with a shriek. It then hurled the lifeless body into the T-Rex skeleton, smashing it to pieces. Bleeding from scratches on its mouth and neck, the T-Rex stood up in the rotunda and announced its triumph with a roar.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ponies arrived back at the helicopter pad where Princess Celestia's helicopter was waiting for them.

"Thank Celestia this is over." Sighed Applejack.

"Don't worry Rarity." Rarity panted. "Soon you'll be in your own house, in your own bed and your own bath."
Applejack and Rarity opened up the cabin door and helped Applebloom and Sweetie Belle inside, and lifted Scootaloo off of Rainbow's back.

"It's okay, we gotcha."
Fluttershy and Twilight helped Pinkie Pie hobble her way to the helicopter. As everypony climbed aboard, the sound of a brachiosaurus was heard across the cliffs. They all stopped and looked toward where the sound was coming from. Fluttershy clopped to the edge of the pad, listening to it. Twilight tapped her on the shoulder.

"You okay?"

"Yes."
Fluttershy took a deep breath and turned around.

"Let's go home."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The helicopter hovered its way through the green cliffs of the island, leaving Jurassic Park behind. The nine ponies sat quietly onboard. They were banged up with injuries, but relieved to be alive and all together. The Cutie Mark Crusaders were asleep in the hooves of their sisters, while the Mane Six lounged back watching the scenery through the windows.

"Looks like Equestria will never see real live dinosaurs." said Rainbow Dash.

"It's better that way." said Twilight. "Ponies and dinosaurs were never meant for the same time."

"Shame we couldn't a saved my Uncle, or the others." said Applejack.

"We did save one thing." said Fluttershy.
She pulled out Applejack's Stetson from her saddlebag and gave it to her. Applejack smiled and rubbed its fabric with her hoof.

"It's just as well nopony comes here again." Rainbow Dash sighed. "With the dinosaurs breeding, everything will go really crazy."

"They're breeding?" said Fluttershy.

"Yes." said Rarity. "We found a nest of eggs and babies on our travels. You were right Fluttershy."
Fluttershy blushed.

"I was?"

"Yes dear. You were."

"I still don't understand how they could breed if they were all girls." said Rainbow Dash.
Twilight thought for a minute.

"The amphibian DNA. Remember on the film. It said they used frog DNA to fill the gene sequence gaps, which mutated the dinosaur's genetic code and blended it with that of frogs. I remember reading that some frogs can change gender between male and female in a single sex environment."

"Like I said before." said Fluttershy. "Life finds a way."
Looking outside, the girls saw a flock of pelicans flying over a golden ocean. Fluttershy leaned her head on the window and smiled. They all smiled.

"Yes." said Twilight. "Life finds a way."
Applejack put her hat back on her head. The helicopter hovered across the ocean into a beautiful sunset, headed back to Equestria.

Dear Princess Celestia,

My friends and I are coming home from one of the greatest adventures we've ever had. Seeing real live dinosaurs was a life changing experience. It was awe inspiring to see how these amazing animals were really like. It was also very frightening to see how dangerous they were, and we almost didn't make it back. Our adventure in Jurassic Park has left each one of us with a renewed respect towards the natural world we ponies live in. Nature is something to be loved and cherished, never to be controlled. Animals like the dinosaurs and other prehistoric life served their purpose on Earth and deserve to belong to the ages of time; their past left for ponies to study and wonder. We ask that this island be left in peace and for nopony to travel here. Let's leave nature alone, and let life find a way.

Your faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weeks later, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and the Crusaders visited the Natural History Museum in Canterlot. Standing below a skeleton display of a Brachiosaurus reared up on its hind legs, the six of them looked up and smiled.

"This is way better." said Applebloom.

Comments ( 8 )

*Clap clap clap* This, my friend, was one helluva crossover. I loved it. Great job! :twilightsmile::raritywink::ajsmug::rainbowdetermined2:

You did a great job man on this crossover adding your own still and still able to follow the story of the movie I hope to see new ideas and crossover from you hell maybe you can do an aliens or the mummy

Any chance ever of a ponified The Lost World: Jurassic Park?

5175142
I don't know. Lost World is a more complicated story, plus its not my favorite in the franchise.

5154217
Now that you say that, I might change it to Trixie.

5180116 - Perhaps you can come up with an original sequel? I'm sure its possible. For example, if pterodactyls can fly really far, they might reach mainland Equestria.

5180116
5180576

Why not mix elements from the The Lost World and Jurassic Park III? That might work.

10404861
That's what I said. I read the novel.

Login or register to comment