• Published 22nd Dec 2013
  • 3,673 Views, 77 Comments

Jurassic Park Ponified - RustyNails



The Mane Six and CMCs go on an adventure, 65 million years in the making.

  • ...
7
 77
 3,673

Journey to the Island

Uncle Orange's helicopter hovered its way over the blue expanse of the Great Equestrian Ocean. The Cutie Marked Crusaders watched in awe of the rolling waves of water beneath them. Uncle Orange's helicopter was equipped with a circular seating arrangement, with everypony sitting in a circle. All the ponies were enthralled by the luxurious interior of the helicopter, especially Rarity.

"Well I must say, this helicopter is marvelous.These movable seats are just galant."

"Oh you haven't seen the luxury I've put into my private helicopter Rarity. Take a look at this."
Uncle Orange clapped his hooves twice triggering a drawer to open under Rarity's seat. Inside was fine champagne, orange juice and an ice box.

"WaHaaHaa!" Rarity wasted no time pouring herself a fine drink.

"As always, when it comes to entertaining guests, I spare no expense."
Orange turned to the crusaders.

"So girls let me ask you. What do you think of dinosaurs?"
The cursaders squeed with excitement.

"We love em." said Applebloom. "We've been learning all about them in school."

"Really. What can you tell me about them?"
The Crusaders tried to think of something they learned about dinosaurs.

"We'll they have more in common with birds than reptiles."

"That there were many different kinds, and they ruled the earth for 150 million years."

"And they were really BIG."

"Not all of them were big Sweetie Belle." said Applebloom. "Some dinosaurs were no bigger than the chickens back at the farm."

"Well, the best ones were big."
Uncle Orange was delighted with the Crusaders' enthusiasm.

"What are your favorite dinosaurs?" he asked.

"Triceratops!"

"Brontosaurus!"

"T-Rex!"

"Wait." Applejack interrupted. "Dinosaurs. You mean like them terrible lizards? What da they have to do with yer resort?"

"Oh I forgot to mention, the park has a real pre-historic theme to it."

"But aren't dinosaurs extinct?" AJ asked albeit a little confused.

"Of course they are." said Twilight. "They've been extinct for 65 million years." Applejack was still puzzled.

"Maybe they have a really cool robotic attraction like at the Manehattan zoo." Said Rainbow Dash.

"Or maybe it's a zoo of live dinosaurs." said Pinkie Pie.
Uncle Orange sheepishly blushed, hoping no one would notice. The other ponies were baffled that Pinkie proposed such an outrageous idea.

"Pinkie darling." Rarity sipped her drink and lowered her sunglasses. "How in Equestria could a zoo have live dinosaurs?"

"I donknow, but maybe they brought them back to life somehow."

"Oh Pinkie." Twilight laughed. "They could never do something like that. Dinosaurs died out millions of years ago, and all that's left of them is fossilized into rock. As much as anypony would like it to be, there's no way to ever see a real live dinosaur."
Uncle Orange rolled his eyes and grinned as if he was hiding something.

"Well whatever is on this island I bet it's totally awesome. I can't wait to get there." said Rainbow Dash

"You won't have to wait long Ms Dash." Said Uncle Orange, "Because there it is."
The helicopter arrived at the island and flew into one of its green canyons. The island was a beautiful emerald green with enormous forested cliffs and canyons. As the copter twisted and turned its way deeper into the island, the ponies amazed themselves at the green natural beauty outside. Soon the helicopter began to slow down and hover in place.

"You all had better buckle up. Our landing pad is down below and there's a pretty steep drop to get to it. It might be a little..."
The helicopter lurched downwards giving everypony on board a major jolt. They all stumbled to gain stability as the copter descended. Rarity's drink splashed in her face.

"Hey! My drink."

"Rough." Uncle Orange laughed.
The ponies all buckled up their seat belts. When Twilight went to buckle hers, she had two female parts. She struggled to find the right part.

"No no. I think you got them mixed up somehow."
The copter descended faster.

"We'll have landed by the time you fix them..."
Twilight cleverly tied the two belts together around her waist.

"That works."
The helicopter made its way down the canyon and came to a rest on the landing pad at the very bottom. The pilot came and opened the door. The ponies filed out. Rarity put her hoof on her hat to keep the rotors from blowing it away. Uncle Orange smiled at the green scenery around him. Three red and grey jeeps with driver ponies arrived at the landing pad to take them into the preserve.

The three jeeps with the ponies drove away from the helicopter pad. Fluttershy, Rainbow, and Twilight were in the first one; Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie and the Crusaders were in the second; Daisy and Uncle Orange were in the last. As they left the pad, the helicopter took off again leaving them for the weekend excursion. The jeeps passed through a heavily fortified steel gate armed with extremely high voltage electricity. Whatever this park kept inside it must have been something to have this high tech security. The jeeps bumped along a muddy road. The ponies all marveled at the jungle like scenery of the island. It seemed other-worldly, almost prehistoric. Twilight seated in the passenger seat leaned out and grabbed a large leaf with her magic. In the third jeep Daisy and Uncle Orange exchanged on more serious matters.

"And your sure the high-voltage fences are online at their full capacity?"

"Yes. They're all online, and the concrete moats are in place. Daisy my dear, relax and try to enjoy yourself."

"I don't think you fully understand this situation." Daisy replied. "This isn't a weekend getaway. We are here investigating the safety of this park. These ponies along with myself have been charged with this responsibility by the rulers of Equestria. They have the authority to pull the plug on this operation. Two days from now, if we're not convinced of the park's safety, they won't be either.
Uncle Orange chuckled.

"In two days, I'll be accepting your apology."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The jeeps drove into a large open grass field with a several large trees isolated in different spots, and stopped.

"Stop here. Stop." said Uncle Orange. "I want them to see it for themselves."
Twilight analyzed the large leaf with amazement.

"This is amazing."
Rainbow and Fluttershy looked around at the scenery.

"So beautiful here." said Fluttershy. "The trees, the meadows, the..."
She and Dash looked to one side of the jeep and saw something. Something unbelievable. They climbed out the top of the jeep to get a better look.

"Is that what I think it is?"
They couldn't believe what they were seeing. Twilight was still focused on the leaf.

"This plant species has been extinct for millions of years. It's amazing that it's able to grow on this island. It's almost like..." Rainbow tapped Twilight's head with her hoof.

"What. What?"
Twilight's jaw dropped at what she saw. The other ponies couldn't believe what they were seeing. Uncle Orange smiled calmly. Rarity fainted. Applejack pulled her hat off her head.

"Sweet Celestia."
There next to them was a real, living, breathing, moving, dinosaur! A brachiosaurus. The ponies all jumped out of the jeeps to get a close up look at the magnificent creature. The huge sauropad moved its massive bulk through the field, munching on the leaves from the trees.

"It's...It's...a dinosaur!" said Twilight, "A...a real live dinosaur!"

"OhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygosh!"
Rarity came too after fainting, and was still a little light headed.

"Pinch me. I must be dreaming."

"Oh none of you are dreaming." said Uncle Orange. "It is a real live dinosaur."
Rarity fainted again.

"Can I have a glass of water?" Pinkie asked the jeep driver.
He handed her one, which she drank and spat out in surprise, soaking the driver.
Applejack stuttered at the sight of the dinosaur.

"Well wallop my withers, a..brontosaurus."

"A brachiosaurus." Applebloom corrected her sister. "It's got the crest on its head."

"This is incredible. A real brachiosaurs!" said Scootaloo.
The brachiosaurus pulled the leaves off of the top of a very high tree. It's enormous size made the ponies feel like really little ponies.

"My gosh," said Twilight. "I'm going to have to re-write the science books back home in the library. All that stuff about these animals being cold-blooded were absolutely wrong, this is a warm blooded creature."

"How long is that neck?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"That has to be at least 30 feet." said Twilight.

"Amazing how an animal can have a neck that long." Rarity added in.
The dinosaur's call echoed off the distant cliffs. Then it did something amazing. It stood up on its hind legs and reached for leaves on the tippy top of the tree. The ground shook as it landed back on all fours.
Daisy watched from inside one of the jeeps. She wasn't nervous about the park anymore.

"We're gonna make a fortune."
Pinkie was still inside the jeep starry eyed at the dinosaur.

"I can't believe it."

"That we have live dinosaurs?" asked the driver.

"No, that I figured out you had live dinosaurs. How was I able to know that?"
Rainbow Dash was so excited she was as giddy as a school filly.

"Are there more dinosaurs?"

"Of course there are, Lots. Hadrosaurs, ankylosaurus, triceratops, T-Rex."

"Wait." Fluttershy cut him off. "Did you say T-Rex, as in Tyrannosaurus Rex? As in the largest meat-eater to walk the earth millions of years ago?"
Uncle Orange nodded while Fluttershy fainted into Applejack's hooves. Twilight came up to him.

"What did you say?"

"We have one...a tyrannosaurus rex."
Twilight lost the feeling to her legs and nearly fell flat onto her face.

"Take some deep breaths darling." Rarity laughed.
Uncle Orange smiled with delight.

"My little ponies. Welcome to my dream creation for all of Equestria. Welcome to Jurassic Park.
The ponies looked over at a lake on the other side of the field. There were three more brachiosauruses. They moved in herds and were social animals like ponies.

"They move in herds." she murmered. 'They're sociable."

"How did you do this?" Fluttershy asked Uncle Orange.

"You'll see."