• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 4,101 Views, 450 Comments

Trixieverse 5/Diamond's In The Rough - Applejinx



Fifth Trixieverse book: Diamond Tiara runs amok to the dismay of Apple Bloom, her hapless target!

Comments ( 43 )

You gotta, or Sweetie will turn to the bad and go around stealing penises to give to me!

.. Only in this story is such a line possible...
:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

God this mind fuckery is so funny xD It's just the abject absurdity of it all, little fillies just going into their teenage years fucking each other with magic dicks and having better advice than the adults, never would I be able to think up a universe like this :rainbowlaugh: I've been here since TMB and each story has become more absurd and outlandish! (In a good way mind you) I have to wonder where you get all these insane ideas from..... though they do say the best novel writers are a bit insane..... :derpyderp1:

I'm always happy to see you update so early in the morning! Can't wait for the next installment.

1000 subs for breakfast?! Coming up! *SHOOM SHOOM SHOOM SHOOM!*

Is that YT subs or FiMfic followers? Because one of those might be possible. :raritywink:

Damnit! Now I have to spend countless hours going back and reading all of your other stuff! Good show, mate. Good show.

JBL

Hallo, it's me again. Yep, I found this one as well, and I couldn't resist reading it. It was quite enjoyable, I must admit. I don't think this one quite deserved the dark tag, to be honest. Sure there were a few dark moments, but nothing too drastic (which is a good thing fer me! :rainbowlaugh:) Bit disappointed we didn't get to see much of Granny Smith, Big Macintosh and Spike, though. I like how even now Granny Smith is struggling to reconcile her set ways with the way of life her family chose.


Never thought I would end up saying this after reading that story, but I'm looking forward to your next story. I also consider you to be one of the best clop writers, if that means anything to you. :twilightsmile:

Please tell me there is going to be another book please :applecry::applecry: This series is just too good to end just yet!

This story is probably my favorite of the TMB series. I was almost scared to read this one after how insanely dark the last story was, but I'm extremely glad that I did.

0.o Seems youtube had unsubbed me. *fixes*

Going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooooong first half of 2014 ^-^

Hmm. Now, when did Scootaloo become such a fountain of wisdom? :scootangel:

Must... get you... more... SUBS!

*ventures out into blizzard for the Subway down the street* So, will Meatball do, or are you more of a Seafood Delight kinda guy?

Scootaloo looked a bit pale. “Actually, you shouldn’t compare notes with Sweetie Belle. It would only encourage her.” She winced. “Actually, PLEEASE don’t compare notes with Sweetie Belle, okay?”

And, like all of them, this story almost kills me. Just in a different way entirely.

(the story continues mid 2014 or when I get 1000 subs, whichever comes first ;)

what else could possibly go wrong?! don't get me wrong, i'm eagerly awaiting the next story in the series, but what else could possibly happen that can fuck up what has turned into a happy ending? actually, considering what you've managed to come up with so far, i'm sure you already have a plan.

3635791 There will be another book, mid 2014 or 1000 subs, whichever comes first.

wow I wasn't expecting such a clean resolution to Twilight in that way. Glad to see we'll see more Trixie and Twilight in the future. Scoots is such a hardass. I still worry for Sweetie's future but Scoots looks like she has everything covered.

That AppleTiara closure was fantastic and hilarious. Also could not help but laugh the way the final description for DT's handling of AB's stallion-trunk. lol

I assume you either base the size of Twlight and Diamond's slenderness based on the percieved and described bulge of a mare's depths or clitoris? Or is it just Twi and DT never worked a day's hardwork and shunned the idea of those 'perverse' thoughts that sort of stunted their sexual growths? Hehe well I guess at least AB doesn't have to worry about being turned into a gooey mess unable to see straight lol I believe AB prefers just being the giver anyways.

Love Trixie, hope to see more Twix in the future.

I for one appreciate the time and effort you put into this. Loved the way you left off on the characters. Enjoy your break!

This story wasn't very long.

Make the next one be between Carrot Cake and Pound Cake.

3693025
I think you'll find what ends up happening is quite a bit Jinxier than that :ajsleepy:

It's basically like the Trixie/Gilda arcs, where you get more insight on where the character's coming from, and end up rethinking them based on that. Glad you're not too flipped out by the foalcon, technically they have hit puberty so it is all coming of age stories and they're not foals and are very much acting on their own initiative (which is my own touchy spot, I've never mixed younger ponies with the adults and don't plan to)

Hope you like it! :ajsmug:

(the story continues mid 2014 or when I get 1000 subs, whichever comes first ;) and a Kindle version can be downloaded here)

What exactly are subs? I realise that I am new to the site; are subs a shorthand for followers or are they something different?

3697869
I just mean followers. It's not going to happen, though some guys like Short Skirts and Pen Stroke have more than 3000 subs/followers (I must have got 'subscribe' from youtube). If I did get 1000 followers, however, I would deliver on my promise and begin the sixth book immediately.

I'm planning it, though. The episode 'Bats!' had huge implications for my characters :applejackconfused:

I'm so late to the party, and I'm the last one who SHOULD be so late to the end, so wild praise isn't really mine to say. And neither are my standard analyses and criticisms. Maybe I'll go back and ponder themes and morals and stuff later.

For now, thank you for writing this.

Oh, how thoughtless of me to not bring up my thoughts about DTbloom. I would have preferred that a bit more be done to establish that AB's attraction was ready to unfold into an actual relationship. The turning point was palatable but perhaps a little forced.

In my opinion the ship is much less interesting than how DT herself turned out. From very early on, long before I decided that I straight up hated her, she showed her stuff as a cohesive character worthy of the Trixieverse. If anything she was more interesting when she was love-to-hate. Her turnaround is a little confusing, and I don't think I'll really understand her until I get to see her unfold as a Jinxieverse OC much like Trixie.

Overall she was definitely one of the things that made the story. What you did with her can't have been easy.

3713421
…but I like it when thoughtful pones spout off at length :applejackunsure:

If everypony read everything only when it came out, and then not afterward, I'd never hear from anyone after that book's chapters are done. I do talk to folks when they comment on re-readings. Helps me not be lonely :heart:

3730908
I like following along with you and seeing your reactions to everything :heart::ajsmug:

3743100
I will always appreciate your ability to pick up EVERY detail, every motivation, every thematic undertone I put into these books. I believe it speaks well of you that you observe all that so easily and plainly. :ajbemused:

And yes, obviously I love seeing your comments, but I follow you largely to keep an eye on how you're doin' and it's not hard to understand why you'd take time away from FIMfiction. Take care of yourself first, it's more fun seeing you delighted when you're not duckin' expected blows every few seconds :rainbowderp:

Yep, you're absolutely right about my intentions with DITR—as always :ajsmug:

Well, finally finished this up. What you did with Scootaloo there was quite incredible. The love between Diamond and AB was quite nice as well. This story, in its entirety, was quite good. I'll really be looking forward to reading the next one; hopefully it won't be too long though, because I can tell it's going to be epic. (Bring back Flight Lightning and that pudding vat orgy in the next one PLEASE!)

~SolidFire

3750279
Wait, do you mean Cloud Chaser? Flight Lightning is Scootaloo's Mom and had nothin' to do with the pudding vat orgy. She's balling Braeburn, keeping him interested in Ponyville: you can see he's still around. I don't know if that will last, or how Scoots would react if he hit the trail again.

Cloud Chaser ain't going anywhere. She has the Weather Patrol job keeping her busy, though. It's NOT the pudding vat orgy she likes, she wrote that off as the weirdness of earth pony lesbians. It's Pinkie she likes. To her, Pinkie was THAT EARTH PONY from that unforgettable night. To Pinkie, she was one of THOSE PEGASI from, again, that unforgettable night. It was fun to let them find each other, and Pinkie feels much better about letting Fluttershy do her own thing :pinkiesmile:

3750373
Well, I meant bring back Flight Lightning because she's hot and to bring back the pudding vat orgy and all those who were involved. Pegasi are my favorite species, so I really like CC, Flight Lightning, really anything with wings, because wing-play is hot.

~SolidFire

You know I have to ask

How the flying fuck nugget do you write so much? I can barely get myself to write 1k words and you seem to write all this shit so damn fast-- I'd end up killing myself under the stress if I tried.

Are you secretly an entire production crew?

3884172
Aw, it took over a year! It's not THAT much. It's around 1K words a day on average. The trick is that I will always be writing a chapter that week (when I have a book going) so on several days that week I'll just sit down and go—and that I've written books before. I wrote about four books before starting Trixieverse, though folks don't usually read them.

The first book took something like three years. Second took more than a year… I did a daily webcomic for a while which was super hard, and when I quit that I continued the story in another book and was so relieved to not have to draw pictures that I churned out a huge book in mere months. I started a really grimdark book, and then discovered ponies, wrote The Old Castle, wrote Best Ride Ever and realised it didn't have to be just a one-off…

If I tried to do a Trixieverse production schedule back while writing my first not-pony book, I'd have just died. Get used to working. It is not courage you need, because courage means you're daringly in a new and dangerous place :rainbowdetermined2: you need confidence and the way to have that is to know what you're doing. By having done it before. :ajbemused:

You'll know if you're there, if critics don't bug you and sometimes say useful things :ajsmug: because if you're doing something second nature to you, you have the time and space to consider other viewpoints without losing your own. While you're learning things like this you've got to be buried in your viewpoint, once you're used to it you can lighten up a whole lot :ajsmug:

Commence read.

Another book down.

Sootaloo, having to deal with Sweetie's ideas. Haha.

Glad that Diamond and Apple Bloom were able to get over things and not get caught by Diamond's father.

3884783 I think I'm in love with your job. It's been beyond worth reading the books of the Trixieverse. Besides, your writing has improved so much since the first book.

Wow. I think you're great. :heart:

3884783 I might have to paraphrase that to help out other authors on here that I've seen considering quitting because of critics. Thanks. For that and all of the BOOKS! *wishing there was an ultra-enthused emoticon for Twilight on here*

3884783 and another thing; I never thought that I would find one book much less an entire series that even hints at a Dark tag that I would actually enjoy but this is one of very few that can do that and you have done it spectacularly in this story. Great job :heart:. And these SHALL be on my Kindle if I have to sit here for weeks doing it :pinkiecrazy:

5295392 Did you not notice that I put up links to Kindle versions at the end of each book? :applejackconfused:

If that's gone wrong I'll have to fix it!

5296359 yes and I'm trying to get them on there

5644478
Um… yep. :applejackunsure: if you never read any of the previous books, you might have really jumped in at the deep end. There's a LOT you missed, including the way Sweetie and Scoots hooked up (to the dismay of Apple Bloom, last to hit puberty and full marehood). Not one are foals at this point: they're mighty young mares but they are doing what comes naturally in tiny-horse world where there's magic and those enchanted artifacts, successors to THE Trixie's Magic Bit that gave the series its name.

How each little pony adapts herself to such a universe is pretty much the point: they're all sorting out where they feel they belong, within the context of what they understand. Sweetie in particular is going to seem weird if you haven't been following Rarity's strange and twisted path through previous books (or maybe not if you just assume she is 100% pandering! :ajsleepy: )

Diamond is right to be dramatic, she's totally blindsided by libido with no real guidance from absent parents and has developed a horribly strong sexual crush on a filly she loathes and despises. Her contortions as she tries to square this with the shape of her reality are alarming, dismaying, and very Diamond Tiara. This is no 'secretly nice' DT, she comes a very long way by the time she earns her happy ending. (it's pony, they all get their happy ending)

I didn't lie, but it's up to you whether you want to be a Trixieverse reader. Braver ponies than you have run away, strewing downthumbs in every direction. But if you like a sustained narrative and prolificness, the more-words-than-Shakespeare reality of Trixieverse ought to get a nod. :raritywink:

nom nom nom,
A tail like fine wine.

6404256 I definitely noticed a parallel when I used the word broke.

Do I need to read the previous stories to understand this or no?

6564673 I always make an effort to kinda orient a new reader. If you read the previous books (and like them) then you'll emotionally understand and appreciate everything in the setting (or maybe hate parts of it, who knows). If you just jump in, what happens is there's stuff presented as part of the world that you'll just have to accept. So you can understand, but you've skipped over a lot of the 'why'. :duck:

7398022 Only Diamond would use crayon and get that far with it :rainbowlaugh:

And yeah, I daresay you'll like her whole arc. When she can't win one way she tries another, and another, and another…

Login or register to comment