• Published 22nd Aug 2013
  • 6,573 Views, 38 Comments

Generous, or Greedy? - The Procrapstinator



Rarity has once again chose fame over friendship without looking at the consequences. What happens when she insults the wrong person?

  • ...
7
 38
 6,573

Disowned

A very giddy (and dirty) small dragon skipped away from the field he was collecting gems in. Though he wasn't very tall yet, he turned 17 around a month ago, an adult in the eyes of Equestria. He looked behind him and felt great pride. Spike had spent the vast majority of his day here, and it was getting to be about 4:00 or so judging by the sun's positioning. He felt proud and satisfied with the large number of gems he had collected. 'Rarity's gonna love this!' Spike thought to himself. 'I can't wait to see her face when I bring this to her!' He had made his way back to Ponyville, but he still had a way to go seeing that the boutique was on the other side of town. He thought that he'd stop by the market and get Rarity a rose or tulip. As he crossed the market he saw a wooden stand that had apples displayed all over it. "Hey Applejack." Spike said taking a little detour to see his friend. The orange mare gave a friendly smile as she tipped her favorite stetson hat.

"Hey there sugarcube! That's quite the pile you got there! Did you and Rarity go gem huntin' again today?".

"Not today Applejack, just me."

She gave Spike a look of disbelief. "YOU dug up all those?! Are you sure you haven't grown yet, cause I don't think even Big Mac could dig up all those in a single day."

Spike blushed a little at her comment. "Shoot Applejack this DID take me a day to do." "Well what do you plan on doin' with all them shiny gems?". "I'm going to give them to Rarity, speaking of which.." He glanced up and saw he was talking with her for about fifteen minutes. "..I should get to the Rarity's before it gets dark, you know how Twilight gets when I'm home late."

She simply nodded in response. "Yep, in that case I'll see ya later Spike!". He waved goodbye as he continued on his treck to the boutique.

"Bye Applejack!" Said Spike
~~~~~
Rarity scrambled around her shop making sure everything was perfectly clean and organized. 'I don't want to look like a slob when the designers get here.' she thought as she straightened the position of one of the ponyquins. She had taken the oppurtunity to organize a meeting with some fashion designers she had been in contact with when Sweetie Belle had planned a sleepover with the rest of the CMC since Bab Seed was in town. Satisfied knowing that she had cleaned most everything in her house. After a few more minutes she had some tea prepared and had a few chairs set up around a cherry wood table table with floral engravings around the edges. It wasn't too long before she heard a doorbell. 'They're here!' She squeed. She soon calmed herself and opened the doors. The first to step through was a large stallion, his diamond studded saddle a clear indication that he was Ahmed Saad from Saddle Arabia. The second to pass through the doorway waa a slightly smaller mare who wore a red baret and had a white skirt with a top that was embroidered with doves, clearly Agnes Christelle from Prance. She immediately recognized the final stallion to walk into her boutique. With the same white and red neck piece and purple shades, Hoity Toity came threw and sat down with the others.

"Ah Rarity, you have the most refined tastes for someone living in such a filthy place such as this." commented an impressed Agnes as she looked around the room, bedazzled by all the exotic furniture. Some of it was from her own country.

"Let's not beat around the bush here" said Ahmed, his patience growing thin. " We all know why we're here. So let's discuss buisness." He finished while taking a sip of tea.

"What did you have in mind?" Asked Christelle eager to begin.

Ahmed sighed and said "I believe the item of most importance should be discussed first. In what area should we try to merge our lines of fashion? Or a better question, which area gets more traffic?"

"Why Canterlot of course!" Replied a slightly offended Hoity Toity "My shop has the most tourists AND higher class ponies."

"I'm afraid I must disagree with you there Hoity. My shoppe is the most popular and famous in all of Paris. It trumps your silly Canterlot ten-fold!" Christelle said with a very matter of fact tone

'She always was full of herself' thought Rarity trying to find the perks of her location. Not being able to think of anything yet she simply sat back and listened.

"You all must be joking! My shop has been in buisness for years longer than yours, and my experience far surpasses anything you have done" Ahmed said with a light hearted smile on his face, his chin in the air.

'This is going to be a long day..." Rarity looked out the looked out the window, longing to be outside talking to her friends and sipping tea. To bad she didn't notice Spike walking right for the boutique.
~~~~~
Spike skipped along, the boutique in view. 'I can't wait to see the look on her face when I bring her these!' He knocked on the door and waited for an answer. It didn't come, so he knocked again. Still no answer. 'Meh, I'm sure she won't mind if I deliver it personally' He walked through the door excited to show Rarity what he brought her. As he walked through, he heard several voices coming from a room just a few steps away. He thought nothing of it and went right in. "Hey Rarity look at thi…" He was cut short by a shrill voice that yelled. "AHH! Rarity! Do you KNOW this filthy vermin?!?!" Spke was rather offended by the way she talked about him. He thought about speaking up but kept qiuet.

A war was raging inside Rariry's mind. 'Why did he have to come now all dirty and what not. should I shoo him off or just accept my fellow fashionistas' criticism. No……this is too important I'll just...give him a little hint.' "Why know I don't think I've ever seen this horrid creature before."

Spike's heart sank. "What? What are you talking about Rarity you kno… oww ow what the hay!?!?" he yelled as Rarity levitated a broom over and pushed him out the door.

Author's Note:

I'm not sure why I enjoy writing about Rarity completely ignoring her friends, I just do. Thanks for reading!

Comments ( 38 )
Comment posted by Hard-Pressed Scribe deleted Aug 24th, 2013

:fluttercry: Poor Spike.:fluttercry: Rarity, how could you?!!!!:flutterrage: Oh, I am liking this already. Sounds like to be that Rarity is being greedy for fame, and I wonder what will happen when those stuck up ponies leave.:pinkiegasp:

3086172only time will tell my friend:raritywink:

3086172 How could she crush Spike's feelings.
How dare she!
3086162 :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:
3086239 Time will tell.

:ajbemused:.... Screw you Rarity for doing that to Spike.:twilightangry2:

3086162 That's a bananable offense.

3086598 Uh...yes. Yes, I am a bot that likes bananas.

Can't wait til everypony else finds out how Whority treated Spike just so she could be more successful and rich.

Rarity, you greedy bitch...You should feel bad about yourself.

Kill her.........thats all

For those of you who read my other story when chapter 1 was shit, if you look at it now it is well, less shitty now. I've finally edited it.:yay:

I have seen this beginning in several stories, and I still love it.

But no matter how much I like the story, the grammar and structure here need a lot of work. I recommend you enlist a proofreader to assist you in cleaning this up a bit.

3087045yep, I'm not exactly an english teacher

'Meh, I'm sure she won't mind if I deliver it personally'

She herself won't. Her guests are another thing entirely.

Ah timing... this would be one of those bad ones. I'm surprised he wasn't told about this important meeting in the first place.

thats cold Rarity :twilightangry2:

3086608well that's good, cuz yo about to go bananas.........ON THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAA:trollestia:

Work it! Work it, man. Come on, work it. This is a good drama for me.:pinkiehappy::moustache:

Good job rarity (sarcasm).

It's about time for Spike to start reading about dragons' loving habits.
I mean, he is now to find out whether Rarity is his destined love or just silly childhood (baby?) crush, isn't he?

3102663I've always enjoyed failed Sparity, thant either results in
a)him finding a better relationship with someone else
b)him taking revenge, or a terrible event caused by Rarity's stupidity.
she embodies what I hate most about women. Now let me getthis straight, I DO NOT hate women. I just hate how much some of them carebabout fashion. Your already beautiful lady, you don't have to swim in make up and dresses for me to think your beautiful. :facehoof:

3105370

Gosh, this comment could be much longer!

I've ended up writing quite a big response to you, so I'd rather PM it to you, if you'll allow me to. The letter will contain some big suggestions for the storyline then, however, which some authors could find rather impolite.

So... Can't wait to talk to you. :pinkiesmile:

When is the next chapter and will Spike and Rarity be together by the end of this?

3181990 I'm not sure if I'm going to ship anyone yet, though it's been onmy mind

3182117 And the first part of the question?

3182195not sure, but it should be up by sometime this weekend. Sorry about the wait but school can really eat my time as well as my co writer's.

3183753 Are you going to post it soon?

3215629srry about the delay, Ive been pre occupied with the trials of every day life. Ive either been to busy or too tired to write anything worth actually publishing.

3215940 is it almost done?

3343310>>3348861 So... I guess it's time I actually come back to this and explain myself. Well, I really just haven't t been working on it and I actually have a co-writer that I've been trying to work with but he's been too busytrying to write his first story. Add that with writer's block and you've got yourself a delayed story . But I have made you guys wait forever so it is time that start writing again. To finish this off, I feel I need closure to this.http://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=w64eid6#/watch?v=9u0EL_u4nvw ( I'm sorry if you can't copy amd paste the link, I'm doing this on my kindle and Fim does NOT like it)

Are ya close to being done With the next chapter?

Umm..... is there going to be new chapter

9252640
because it's been like 7 years?

That was probably the worst hint you could give someone. Also, I need to know what happens.

Login or register to comment