• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 1,977 Views, 776 Comments

Itty-Bitty Bite Size Stories - gallagsp the corgi

  • ...
6
 776
 1,977

PreviousChapters Next
Sleep-bucking

WUMP

The telltale sound of a tree trunk being struck echoed through the orchard. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, except it was two in the morning.

WUMP

The sound echoed again. Applejack groggily opened her eyes. She yawned and looked out the window toward the orchard.

"What in tarnation is that?"

She climbed out of bed and made her way downstairs, careful not to wake anypony else in the family. She opened the door with a creak and took a step outside. She stopped suddenly and went back into the house. She reemerged a minute later wielding a baseball bat in her mouth. Just in case this wasn't just some rodent or other vermin raiding her fruit. She stepped of the porch and trotted quietly along the path.

The sound became louder as she got closer. She looked up to see some trees that were missing fruit. She growled in anger and turned the corner, bat raised high to meet the thief.

She froze when she saw the source of the noise. A pink earth pony with a frizzy mane reared back and bucked. Striking a tree with precision only she or Big Macintosh could match. The fruit fell down into perfectly placed baskets, not a single one missed the mark. Then she saw something that really made her anger and confusion flare.

Why was Pinkie Pie snoring?

Applejack slowly approached and put a hoof on Pinkie's withers. The pony snorted but her eyes remained closed. Applejack shrugged and pushed harder. Pinkie stumbled but caught herself before she fell. Applejack was dumbfounded as Pinkie continued to buck apples and carry the baskets to a waiting wagon.

Applejack sat down and watched for bit. Then she called Pinkie's name.

"Uh, Pinkie Pie?"

"GAAAAHH!" Pinkie Shouted. She was awake. She looked around frantically. "What? Who? Where?" She turned to Applejack. "Applejack? What are you doing at Sugarcube corner this hour?"

"Pinkie? This is the farm. You were sleep-walking again." Applejack gestured to the baskets filled with apples. "Only this time it seems you decided to do some harvesting."

"Again?"

"eeyup."

"Oh. I guess my medication really DOES have side effects!" Pinkie laughed. "Just the other day I was baking and then-" She never finished the sentance. Her eyes suddenly closed and she slumped to the ground, snoring. Applejack laughed and leaned back against a tree. She tilted her hat over her eyes and listened to the sounds around her. Watching over the pink party pony while she slept.

She would have to read the label on her medication tomorrow, but for now Applejack was happy to just enjoy the night with Pinkie.

PreviousChapters Next