• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 1,976 Views, 776 Comments

Itty-Bitty Bite Size Stories - gallagsp the corgi

  • ...
6
 776
 1,976

PreviousChapters Next
The Human

He awoke tied to a chair in a dark basement. He was scared, hungry, and mostly confused. Even in the darkness everything seemed too bright. The colors were too intense.

"Hello?" He called. "Is anyone there?" His voice echoed back to him from the walls of the empty room. Then he heard a noise above, and the sound of a creaking door. Light flooded the room as a light switch was flicked, giving him a headache, and there were sounds of footsteps coming down the stairs. It sounded like two people, but something was off, instead of a regular stepping pattern of a person, it was irregular.

"Oh good. You're awake. I was worried i'd overestimated the tranquilizer. I wouldn't want to accidentally kill a specimen like you."

He stared at her in confusion. "Oh you've got to be kidding me."

"What?" Lyra looked at him, slightly offended. "What's so funny?"

"You really expect me to believe that I was knocked out and kidnapped by a talking horse with a serious case of green skin?"

"I didn't kidnap you, I captured you! Humans are incredibly rare."

"Yeah. Great joke. Okay guys! You got me, you can come out now!" He chuckled and waited for his friends to come out of hiding. When none came, his expression changed. "Wait, this isn't a joke, is it?"

"Nope." The pony smiled and came closer. "All my life they called me crazy, they said humans were just a mare's tale..."

"Wait, what are you doing? Stop it! NO! NO! AAAAHHHHHHH!!!"

The basement door burst open suddenly, the sound of more hoofsteps rapidly decending the stairs was drowned out by his screaming.

"Lyra! What are you doing to him?" The human stopped screaming. Lyra looked up from sniffing his hair. "Lyra, what did I tell you about creating interdimensional wormholes in the basement?"

"But Bon-Bon!"

"No buts! This is the third time this month. You apologize to this human and send him back were he came from."

"Yeah, about that..." Lyra responded sheepishly, she ran a hoof through her mane and cast a glance at the human. "I...can't exactly send him back."

"Why?" The human and Bon-Bon said at the same time.

"Well... it involves the atomic structure of uranium, inter-dimensional time-space, and asparagus. "

"I don't want to know. You figure out a way to send him back. I'm going back upstairs." Bon-Bon ascended the stairs and slammed the basement door behind her.

"No, wait!" He shouted after her.

"Well then, now that we're alone..." Lyra grinned and approached him once again. He watched in terror, afraid of what was to come.

Author's Note:

Two words short of the 500 word limit on this one! Also, if I were to expand this, it could take several different paths... use your imaginations.

PreviousChapters Next