• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 1,974 Views, 776 Comments

Itty-Bitty Bite Size Stories - gallagsp the corgi

  • ...
6
 776
 1,974

PreviousChapters Next
The Morning After Part 3

The gentle sound of a rope creaking as it swung in the breeze stirred Applejack from her slumber. The first thing she noticed was her pounding headache, the next she noticed was that she seemed to be floating, upside down, from a great height. She looked around to confirm her suspicions, and indeed, she was dangling from a tree branch outside the library by a length of rope.

"Daggonit. Not again." She mumbled to herself. She reached up to examine the rope tied around her ankle. It was a thick rope with an expertly tied knot, so slipping wouldn't be the issue. Her hoof looked purple from the cut off circulation but she'd worry about that once she got down.

She tried to grab the rope and pull herself up so she was facing right-side up, but when she pulled she heard a sharp cracking sound coming from above her. She froze, then slowly looked up.

A tree branch was cracking from the extra weight.

"Buckin' cider." she mumbled again. Applejack looked at herself questionably. "I ain't that heavy, am I?" Secretly, Applejack did watch her weight. She was pretty self conscious about it. Not for her own sake, but would ponies buy apples from a farm with an overweight spokes pony? She failed to remember that she was more in shape than most of Ponyville.

Applejack risked pulling on the rope again. It seemed to hold this time. She began to pull herself up, she just needed to climb the rope, untie herself, and climb through the window. Easy as apple pie.

Of course, the tree branch had other plans. Applejack managed to reach it and wrapped a hoof around it. she began working at the knot on her hoof. The constant motion of her struggling with the rope shook the branch.

CRACK!

"Oh shoot."

The branch fell. Applejack dropped two stories before landing on the ground with a thud, she groaned in pain before looking up. She only had a brief moment to sheild her face before the tree branch landed square on her stomach. She yelped in pain but soon was gasping for breath.

"I think I'll just lay here a while." She managed to sputter before passing out. It would be three hours before anypony found her, and another five before they found her hat, halfway across ponyville connected to an alcohol powered engine and propeller labeled "The Boozecopter"

Author's Note:

Since I mentioned Applejack in part 1 of "The Morning After", I figured I'd better explain what the heck happened to her before someone calls me out on it...

YES, Applejack is fine! She's tough, she'll get through it, she only fell two stories and got the pinned by a tree branch while hungover is all, no big deal.

PreviousChapters Next