• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 1,975 Views, 776 Comments

Itty-Bitty Bite Size Stories - gallagsp the corgi

  • ...
6
 776
 1,975

PreviousChapters Next
An Apple a Day

"Thanks for coming by Twilight. Applebloom's real sick." Applejack said, leading Twilight up the stairs to Applebloom's bedroom.

"Its no problem, AJ. I'm sure its nothing major." Twilight said, adjusting her saddlebags, which were filled with books and equipment to help her diagnose the illness.

"I don't know. She was fine yesterday, and now she's bedridden." The two stopped in front of Applebloom's door.

"I don't understand why you called me though. wouldn't a doctor be more qualified to look at her?"

"Yeah. Doctors don't really like coming here."

"Why not?"

"Well... you ever here that phrase... 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'?"

"Yes. But doesn't that refer to getting a proper amount of vitamins found in fruit to prevent you from getting sick?"

"Well, kind of. Better you just see for yourself." Applejack opened the door and the two stepped inside.

"Hello, Applebloom. How are you feeling?"

"Not too good, Twi." Applebloom responded weakly. "I've never felt this sick 'fore"

"Well don't worry. I'll figure out what's going on." Twilight said as she reached into her saddle back ond pulled out a thermometer. "Stick this under your tongue, please." Applebloom did as she was told. Twilight watched as the liquid in the thermometer slowly rose... and kept rising. it reached the top of the glass tube before dropping all the way back to the bottom, then it rose again to the top. Twilight watched this in amazement.

"Alright, so we can't get an accurate reading of your temperature..." She said, pulling out a book from her saddlebags. "Can you tell me what is wrong, so I can look up your symptoms in here?" Twilight opened up the book, looking at Applebloom expectantly. Applejack tapped her on the shoulder.

"Uh, Twi? The book is on fire."

"WHATINTHENAMEOFALLTHINGSGOODANDHARMONIOUS!" Twilight yelled, dropping the book. The flames had appeared out of nowhere and were slowly burning the pages of the book from the center, the circle slowly grew before the flames put themselves out. An image of an apple had burned itself into the pages.

"Mother of Celestia." Twilight said, recovering from the shock. "Applejack, you don't need a doctor."

"We don't?"

"You need a demonologist, and a botanist, and you need them now." Twilight said, packing up her bags before running for the door as quickly as she could.

Author's Note:

The ghosts of Applejack's ancestors don't like doctors very well...

PreviousChapters Next