• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 1,977 Views, 776 Comments

Itty-Bitty Bite Size Stories - gallagsp the corgi

  • ...
6
 776
 1,977

PreviousChapters Next
The Darkest Fear

It was unnaturally dark, like all the light in the room had been sucked out with a vacuum. The only source of light was the slight glow that came from the void's only inhabitant.

Celestia looked around cautiously. A deep sense of dread filled her gut but she would not show it. This enemy had made a huge mistake transporting her to this void, she would find a way out, and she would stop whoever they were.

An almost silent tapping filled the void. Celestia looked frantically for the source of the sound but could find nothing. She felt like she was being watched, but she could see no eyes. The tapping came faster and louder, and there was a sickening crunching sound with it now. The occasional airy hiss pierced the noise of random tapping that was almost unbearable. Then she saw them.

Hundreds of blood red sets of eyes, clumped together in groups of eight stared her down. Celestia's heart skipped a beat and she whimpered to herself, all facades of courage fading at the sight of her enemy. Everything in her instincts told her to run, but she was frozen in place by fear. The spiders continued to come closer.

Then, all at once, they jumped at her. The furry arachnids pounced like a timberwolf on a rabbit, covering Celestia head to tail in the terrifying demons.

She screamed. The fear that once froze her in place now drove her to act. She flailed and kicked and yelled, but it was no good. The spiders had overtaken her and she fell to the floor, where they continued to climb on top of her, she raised her hoof in a lat attempt at freedom, but soon it too was dragged beneath the ocean of spiders.

Celestia shot up in her bed, screaming. She looked around frantically, and seeing there was no danger, took a deep breath. It had all been a dream. A terrifying dream. She chuckled to herself and lay back down, quickly falling back to sleep.

Meanwhile, in the Castle Library, Luna sat in a trance like state, slowly stroking her pet tarantula, who had three of its legs wrapped in bandages. The spider looked to her in worry, and she smiled, eyes still closed.

After all, it was her duty to keep ponies' dreams safe... and sometimes use them for revenge.

PreviousChapters Next