• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 1,975 Views, 776 Comments

Itty-Bitty Bite Size Stories - gallagsp the corgi

  • ...
6
 776
 1,975

PreviousChapters Next
The Hunger

A slow groan forced its way from the beast's throat, arousing it from its slumber. Within the dark confines of its resting chamber the creature's stomach roared. Another groan and a yawn forced its way out of its maw as it slowly made its way out of the chamber.

The old staircase in its lair posed a new challenge to the beast, as in its groggy state it failed to estimate the last step correctly, causing it to fumble. It yelled in surprise but caught itself, silently cursing the foul stairs.

The creature's hunger was slowly taking over its every thought. It needed nourishment, and it needed it now. It quickened its pace as the grogginess began to wear off, and soon it arrived at its destination. It had entered the feeding chamber, and slowly approached the food stores the beast kept. With brute force the heavy door was wretched open and the beast grabbed a claw full of delicious sustenance.

The crunching and slurping sound sent chills down the pony's spine as she slowly made her way down the staircase after the beast. A satisfied growl followed as she turned the corner into the feeding ground.

Twilight Sparkle flipped the light switch, causing spike to drop the remaining half of a sapphire he was munching and yelp in surprise.

"Spike, what did I tell you about midnight snacking?"

"I can't help it, I'm just so hungry!"

"I don't care. You can wait until breakfast. All this snacking is starting to show on you, plus you're always so tired in the mornings."

"But Twilight-"

"No buts. Go to bed now, mister."

The beast made a slow retreat back to the sleeping chamber, he was beaten, but not entirely defeated. He would feed tonight, he would quell this insatiable lust for food held deep in his gut.

And the feast will be glorious...

PreviousChapters Next