• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 1,975 Views, 776 Comments

Itty-Bitty Bite Size Stories - gallagsp the corgi

  • ...
6
 776
 1,975

PreviousChapters Next
Crouching Rainbow, Hidden Tortoise (Pets Week)

"Sorry about talking to you last, Tank."

"Its alright, Twilight. I hope you had a nice rest. I understand how Opal can get sometimes."

"Yes, it was quite refreshing, actually. But how are you doing?"

"Fine."

"Fine?"

"Yes, fine. Is there something wrong with that?"

"Um, no, of course not. its just that most of the other pets had a bit more to say than that."

"Well I'm not very talkative. I don't see the point in spouting out my woes when I could be helping others with theirs. If you want to talk, I'll listen, but I don't talk much myself."

"Alright. Anyway, so your situation is kind of a special one. You tried hard to win the best pet competition, even against other competitors who would clearly be better than you, yet you stuck to it and kept going." Twilight adjusted her reading glasses. "What made you do that?"

"When I first saw Lady Dash I knew I was meant to be the pet for her. As you are aware, she's loud and reckless, she's fast and has a very short fuse," Twilight rolled her eyes an nodded in agreement. "but see, behind all that confidence she lacked balance."

"She's good at balancing, I mean, she can stand with all for hooves on a single fence post."

"No, you misunderstand me. I mean a spiritual balance. Lady Dash lacked balance of soul. As her polar opposite, It is my duty to bring balance. She is fast, I am slow. She's loud, I'm quiet. See where I'm going here?"

"I...think so?"

"Think of it like this: If there were no chaos, would we have harmony? And without harmony there can be no chaos."

"Oh, I get it now! Rainbow Dash needs you a much as you need her."

"Exactly. And isn't that what being a companion is all about?" Tank smiled, his face covered in the wrinkles of age.

Author's Note:

I went with the Ancient Chinese Proverb tortoise. It worked out the best, and was better than my original plan.

PreviousChapters Next