• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 1,969 Views, 776 Comments

Itty-Bitty Bite Size Stories - gallagsp the corgi

  • ...
6
 776
 1,969

PreviousChapters Next
Rock On

Rainbow Dash landed softly on the doormat of the library. Slung over her flanks were her saddlebags, loaded up with plastic cases. Each of the cases contained a small round disk. The disk was shiny on one side, but the other side had a picture on it, a different picture for each disk, interrupted only by a hole about an inch in diameter in the middle.

Rainbow Dash entered the library and set her bags down gently, her ears instantly found themselves filling with a familiar song. She smiled and looked around the library, the music played, and Rainbow Dash saw Twilight facing away from her. She was on her hind legs, using her wings for balance, and was banging her head as she played her air guitar along with the solo in the song. She was wearing a black t-shirt that had a bunch of locations and dates on the back of it.

She turned around and opened her eyes. Rainbow Dash laughed out loud as Twilight quickly dropped down to all fours, blushing. She turned down the volume on the stereo. Rainbow Dash read the front of her shirt. It was for Rash's "Clockwork Angels" tour.

"Sorry, Rainbow Dash. I guess I got carried away."

"It happens, That's what's awesome about this kind of music." She glanced over toward the stereo and winced when she saw CDs and cases scattered all over the place. She walked over and started putting the disks back into their proper cases. "Hey, can you not just leave them out like this? This is how they get scratched up and these things cost me about 30 bits a piece."

"Yeah, sure." Twilight said, already going through Rainbow's bags. "What else do you have here?"

"Oh! I brought you some good stuff this time!" She trotted over. "Brought you some Aeropony, Expensive Trap, The Guards," She looked down at one that Twilight held. "Yeah, that's a good one! Princess is one of my favorite bands of all time!

"You sure have a lot of it." Twilight said. "Oh, you even have The Weevils and Crossbows n Daisies.

"Yeah, Rock music is pretty much its own universe, happy now that you stopped listening to that classical music?"

"Well, I'll still do that when i'm studying, but this is a great way to relax." Twilight said, sticking another disk in the player and cranking up the volume.

Author's Note:

Alternate Title: Lets see how many band names I can parody in under 500 words

Bonus points if you can name all the bands parodied in this one

Rock is my favorite genre of music, but I'll listen to anything really. Also, remember CDs? Yeah... good times

PreviousChapters Next