• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 1,975 Views, 776 Comments

Itty-Bitty Bite Size Stories - gallagsp the corgi

  • ...
6
 776
 1,975

PreviousChapters Next
The Show Must Go On

The sound of applause was deafening. The pony on stage smiled her trademark smile, waving her magician's cap in the air with a bit of flair. The crowd quieted down after a few minutes, waiting for her to say something. The show was coming to a close, after all.

"Thank you, thank you all!" She yelled, her voice magically magnified to be heard through the vast amphitheater. "I really appreciate you all coming out tonight, I can't tell you how much this means to me." She smiled again, this time a bit more somber. "Although, I have some news. Tonight will be my last public show." The crowd suddenly became uncomfortably silent.

"Yes, I know, this is a shock to all of you, but don't be upset. I have my reasons for retiring but the show is not over! I'm passing on the cape and hat to some lucky filly or colt right here tonight." She removed her cape and folded it nicely in her magic, setting it on a covered table on stage and placing her hat next to it.

"I am going to be taking that lucky colt or filly under my wing, as to say, and teach them my magic. They'll learn how to perform, how to do my spells and tricks, and most importantly, how to entertain the masses!" She stretched out a hoof and gestured to the crowd, who cheered and yelled and stomped in response.

"Now, without further a due, let's pick that lucky child." Her horn glowed and a giant glowing arrow formed in the sky. It began to spin and twist in the air, going faster and faster until it finally stopped suddenly. It was pointing at a young filly in the very front row.

"We have a winner! Come on up here, little one, don't be shy!" The filly nodded and quickly made her way onto the stage. "What's your name, kid?"

"Um, I-I'm Trixie Lulamoon."

"Well, Miss Trixie, that is one incredible name for a magician. Are you ready to take on great responsibility? Will you take your studies seriously and try your hardest?" Trixie nodded, still awestruck at being picked.

"Good." She said, lowering the hat onto Trixie's head. "Then by the power invested in me, Mystica the Magical, I hereby dub thee... Trixie, The Great and Powerful!" There was an explosion of fireworks and the crowd roared. "And remember, no matter what happens, the show must go on."

"The show must go on." Trixie repeated, a small smile spreading on her face.

PreviousChapters Next