• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 1,976 Views, 776 Comments

Itty-Bitty Bite Size Stories - gallagsp the corgi

  • ...
6
 776
 1,976

PreviousChapters Next
The Cult

It was quiet, as it very well should be at midnight in a small town like Ponyville. Then suddenly, the sound of hooves could be heard marching through the streets, accompanied by haunting singing and chanting. Ponies looked out their doors and windows to see what the commotion was.

Marching towards the center of town was a large group of ponies. They wore robes with sweaters on top, and knit caps on their heads. Towards the back, four ponies carried a large platform, and sitting on the platform was a giant ball of yarn. Surrounding the platform were a group of armored ponies with bits of yarn tied to their armor and weapons. They looked ready to attack anyone getting too close to their yarn ball.

Twilight Sparkle watched from the library balcony as the group approached town square, A number of ponies had left their homes to follow the yarn, and they gathered around in a circle. One of the robed ponies came forth to speak.

"Greetings, fellow Equines! Allow me to introduce myself. I am Father Knitting Needles of the Order of the Holy Yarn. We have come to this town tonight because we wish to spread the glorious word of the Yarn. The yarn is good, the yarn is bad, the yarn is chaos and harmony, the past and future, life and death, the yarn is creation and destruction, the yarn is all." He looked around, and adjusted his sweater. Rarity would have had a heart attack if she saw how ugly it was. "We have come here today to have you listen to the yarn. It speaks to us all, open your hearts and minds and the yarn will let you in."

"This is weird." Spike said, standing next to Twilight. She nodded in agreement.

"Now," The pony said, gesturing to the yarn. "The yarn hungers. The yarn wishes for you citizens of ponyville, to sacrifice your most powerful sorcerer to the yarn. The yarn hungers, do this for the yarn and you shall be granted a woolly and fuzzy future.

"Okay, that is really weird." Twilight said. Spike ignored her. He was too interested in what was going on below.

"BRING THE YARN TWILIGHT SPARKLE!" The pony said, pointing directly at Twilight. The crowd turned toward her.

"Where did they all get those ugly sweaters?" Twilight said, the crowd began to move her way.

"Spike? What's going on?" Twilight said, backing up from the railing. "Spike?"

Spike adjusted the collar on his ugly sweater and began walking towards Twilight. "The yarn hungers"

Author's Note:

Based on this image: http://jittery-the-dragon.deviantart.com/art/Pointless-pony-tips-1047-430707561

...I thought it was funny... :/

PreviousChapters Next