• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 1,975 Views, 776 Comments

Itty-Bitty Bite Size Stories - gallagsp the corgi

  • ...
6
 776
 1,975

PreviousChapters Next
The Night Life

The sound of dubstep remixes blasted from the nightclub. The crowd gathered on the dance floor, letting the beat of the electronic music take them anywhere. On the stage, Vinyl Scratch under the pseudonym "DJ PON-3" Worked her magic on the controls of her turntable. Each dial and knob needed to be precisely poositioned for the best quality sound. If it was even a tiny bit off, the whole show would be ruined.

Okay, maybe not the whole show, and honestly nopony would probably notice a tiny bit of off sound, but it would drive Scratch to the point of insanity trying to fix it. She suppressed a yawn that tried to escape her mouth.

"Not now, I can go a few more hours." She muttered to herself. She grabbed an energy drink from the cooler behind her and popped the top on it. She put it to her lips and chugged the contents, letting the bitter-sweet liquid caffeine flow down her throat. In minutes, she felt energized enough to keep going for what felt like hours. She grinned and threw the empty can onto a pile of about a dozen other empty cans.

The ponies on the floor failed to notice her chug the can, nor did they notice the dark bags under her eyes that were hidden by her signature shades, brought on from days without sleep. A few, however, did notice when the crash hit, and they watched the DJ pass out on the stage.

The rest noticed when her face hit the table, screwing up the dials and giving the music a sickly shrieking sound. The rest of the night was a blur to Scratch, with her fading in and out of consciousness...

The Next Morning

The steady beep of a heart monitor awoke Vinyl from her relieving sleep. She groaned and rubbed her eyes at the irritating sunlight making its way into the window. Celestia had amazing aim, she thought as she slowly opened her eyes.

She was in the hospital. White walls, all sorts of machinery monitoring her vitals, and the most uncomfortable bed she had ever slept in, and she had slept in a LOT of beds.

She smiled and let a chuckle escape her lungs. "Welp, looks like I overdid it again" She yawned, rolled over, and fell back asleep.

Author's Note:

Thus, Vinyl Scratch learned the value of not consuming vast amounts of energy drinks as a replacement for actual sleep, and had to come up with an excuse to Octavia about why her health insurance skyrocketed yet again.

PreviousChapters Next