• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 3,444 Views, 307 Comments

Cause, Effect, and Consequences - Coltsguy



It looks like I get a second chance at a life in Equestria. Let's all find out if it works out this time or not.

  • ...
11
 307
 3,444

PreviousChapters
Epilogue - Friendship is Magic

"So... what is his name?"

"Shimoda Daisuke. I guess it's Daisuke Shimoda if you prefer English style naming."

"Kinda yeah. And what's his deal?"

"Naruto crossover with the game called Fallout 3."

"Eh, I never really played any of the Fallout games. So does that explain why he looks like... that?" I asked with a hand wave.

"Yep. Low charisma apparently warps how you look to everyone."

"Is it-, er, is he an S.I.?"

"Yeah. Reincarnation style. He's revealed some of his abilities but has told them it's a new bloodline."

I laughed a quick laugh at that.

"So Naruto bloodline bullshit at it's finest eh? Sounds appropriate."

"Not quite right, but still close enough. He'd fail the test right now despite how damn smart he's becoming, but then again he'd only be getting an underling position to me anyway and I doubt he'd want it."

"Yeah. I haven't had anyone even approach what they need in MLP right now. It's just me right now. Then again almost none of them think about it anyway. It's all wish fulfillment most of the time."

"You still down for a trade?"

"Damn skippy. Your only the second guy I've found interested in a straight trade. Everyone else wants favors. You have any idea what the guy in charge of Kill la Kill asked for?"

"That's pretty much how it is. You know that. You've been around for, what a few years?"

"Something like that," I said as I reached out my hand with a blue glow around it. My new buddy did the same with his hand glowing in a burnt orange aura. With a shake of each others hand a small bit of solid energy the size of a grain of sand materialized in each of our hands as we pulled them back.

"Thanks man. You and the guy from One Piece are the only cool guys I've found."

"Lucky Rick? Yeah, he's pretty laid back since One Piece is all about adventure."

He looked back to the side and I traced his gaze back to the centerpiece of this variance in Daisuke. Yeah, just watching him around with the entire rookie nine screamed of this somehow being ham-fisted. Eh, magnetic presence at its best. Not going to get any closer after seeing Naruto use his signature jutsu earlier. Might bump into him by accident. Oh now Daisuke's casting jutsu. Earth style there... Wait, was that fucking Storm release? Oh you fucking hax piece of shit. That off-setting appearance only grants you so much.

...Aaaand some goddamned fireworks. There's showing off and then there's this. I think I've seen enough.

"I think I've seen enough. I'm pretty sure there's some new works I have to help along by now."

"Sure go on man. I've got to make one with the demon realm invading Konoha soon anyway."

"...I'm going to ask to see that one later."

"Yeah," he said with a chuckle. "It's pretty much clickbait since it's a High School DxD crossover."

"Now I definitely want to see that."

I chuckled to myself and after a wave goodbye I layered a portal along the ground and jumped in; closing it behind me. I was instantly back in Equestria standing inside the run down site of the Castle of the Two Sisters. There was a deviation coming up from canon where some idiot is going to appear in front of the beam meant for Nightmare Moon in a few days. A wave of my hand, a little bit of concentration and the beginnings of a spatial fissure were set in place. Soon this would lead to a new timeline that this hapless idiot would find himself in.

This was what I pretty much did nowadays. All of the multiverse was actually both simple and complicated at the same time. It's pretty much changes in cosmic background radiation patterns and the quantum wave-function both collapsing and not collapsing at the same time in the same way as the Schrödenger's Cat thing. Look that up if you don't what that is.

You know what? Now might be as good of a time as any to say that since I know that everything can be a story from somewhere then you should know that I'm typing this from some alternate timeline of my home in case it can be read elsewhere. Weird isn't it? It makes this more of an autobiography about a certain time in my life, but I'm posting it on some fiction site called ponytales.com.

Funny story about that. Ducktales, the old cartoon, was really popular here. As such when My Little Pony was rebooted here someone remembered a line from the theme song for that and used it to make a fanfiction site using the line. It became damn popular because of the fringe association and expanded into a larger site with all kinds of extensions and galleries and what not. Just some trivia for you I guess.

Anyways, since that cat is out of the bag I'll get back on track. I had seen quite a lot of shit now. Anywhere from Cupcakes to My Little Dashie and all the rainbows and dark clouds in between. I was especially digging the T.D. series lately that had this guy who wasn't a brony. Any sort of thing was possible. Okay... almost any sort of thing was possible. The reason the universe existed or why they could end up as fully human were things I was capable of creating. However, I was unable to go back and make them interact with other universes of my own volition. It had to be of the will of the person who created the universe in question. I can make up my own universe from a deviation of this one... which I kind of did once...where I made a human version of Equestria with every female willingly turned into my harem. But anyway!

I did end up making an alternate timeline so I could keep in touch with them. The timing was pretty clutch too. Well, in so far as it could be anyway. I showed up a few days before Tirek, the giant dick, showed up. I almost messed up the whole thing, but in the end it was a net positive because I saved the library! Too bad it made a bit of a conflict for Twilight when that crystal castle was formed.

Anyway, I'm still glad I did end up splitting off a new timeline to spend time with them. I think it was something that I needed to do to feel better in general. I hadn't returned home other than to leave a note that I was leaving and for quite a while I just did my job while living in that cabin which I kept separated from reality and that meant I didn't talk with anyone other than the man, I think it was a man, that stopped by every once in a while to make sure I wasn't messing up somehow. I wouldn't even know how and he would never tell me.

What I did find out, and what I think is the most interesting part of the job, is what I called the referral system. Those six stories I visited while in Equestria still had me in them. I would've thought that they would be adjusted in some manner to either get rid of me or change it to make someone else appear as me. I was wrong. If at any time either someone in my position or something that is considered a ROB is placed within a story then we are considered invited into that universe without anything stating that we are prohibited. That means that if I am mentioned in another fiction piece I can choose to go there or, if I don't really care for it, send a proxy of myself in my place.

I've honestly only taken that liberty just recently. I used it to go and hang out with Ember back in the Danny Phantom work. I've been demonstrating rock songs to her in order to increase her musical repertoire. Well, only songs that didn't exist in that timeline though. Ghosts can apparently get sued there. Vlad Masters really was a dickweed.

All the people, ghosts, and ponies I knew closely now were thanks to the lesson I learned that the show preached most of all: friendship is magic. It means that when you find that friend who takes the time to tell you how it is, who will help pick you up when you hit the ground, who will pay for the pizza sometimes, who will share a chuckle at things you find funny, and who will have your back when others won't then you've found a true friend. That's what I've found here in Equestria. It's something I will treasure for all my days.

.........Pinkie Promise.

Author's Note:

And that's a wrap folks! No planned sequels. No loose ends I feel need to be tied up. Just an ending that anyone who wants to make something of their own is capable of doing so. Big thanks to everyone who helped me make this fic. Another thanks goes to a writer by the name of Fulcon whose Naruto fic I used for the beginning of this chapter. It's called Shinobi: The RPG and can be read here. It's pretty good. Another thanks goes to Sandcroft who was the biggest help I had with this story. It's been quite a ride but if you don't want it to end... well I made it so you can continue the story. Have fun with it and make it your own. A story only really ends when no one remembers or cares about it anymore. That's why this fandom won't really die out because we care about the story. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to see if I can't finish my damn Ranma story.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 17 )

Okay, NOW I'm satisfied. I was wondering why they didn't just split his timeline off to make it a branch or something, and that way he could continue to visit with his friends in Equestria. Glad to see that he was indeed able to do that after all. :twilightsmile:

No loose ends I feel need to be tied up.

Horse shit. Seth needs another encounter with Batman.

And the years of work finally come to a fitting end. I'll miss this story, y'know? A great read and a great reflecting pool for when I was stuck on Ungrounded and needed the inspiration to keep going. Thank for seeing this through, pal.

Comment posted by SuperUltimateBrony deleted Jan 21st, 2017

Wow. After many years it ends. I'm gonna miss this fanfic. Thank you for your creation. So many memories.

7887528 I have something for the records portion of this, but something tells me you haven't finished reading so I'm going to save it for now.

:pinkiehappy::pinkiegasp::pinkiecrazy::pinkiesad2::pinkiesick::pinkiesmile:

Interesting how all these emojis pretty much explain what i am feeling right now about the last 2 chapters.

I smiled when i saw the new chapters(I'm kinda late)
I gasped when i saw that this was the end
i started going crazy by thinking about all the possibilities
I got sad about Seth needing to go away from his friends.
Got sick,well not really sick but i was kinda feeling empty thinking that it may be the last time i read about the guy and all his weird adventures.(always happens when i finish a story i liked)
and of course,i smiled again knowing that in the end,he is alright and thinking about the good time i had reading this story.

Overall,i liked this story and while i'm sad that we are at the end of it,i can't help but feel happy about reading it.
Thank you for this story coltsguy and i hope you will be able to make all of your ideas come to life in others awesome stories such as this.

:heart::heart::heart:
RainbowishThingy

Ps: I haven't typed or said anything in english in about...well,i dont remember,so lets say a long time. So yea,sorry for the horrible grammar and typos.

7888835 Honestly when I went through this entire series I hadn't seen any consistent basis on the frames for buildings anywhere. The insides were always built high, but the doorframes were consistently low enough that I couldn't see much of a clearance for ponies when they were going through it. As I have seen it, the doorways are most likely to be five feet tall to accommodate all normal ponies, but as I have also seen it only places in the castle seem to be made to acquiesce to the size of the princess. Princess Celestia is the only princess above five feet tall though. Cadence and Luna are a little under five feet tall so they wouldn't have an issue with the height, but they also haven't been around that long and they wouldn't be considered in building codes for their stature. This would be all about Celestia and any other species that are taller in nature. Most doorways I can see are accommodating enough to allow them through with only a bit of inconvenience and I reflect that throughout as only the library and the train have this issue unless I've forgotten something. That's because these two were made with only ponies at normal height in mind. The crawling thing in regards to the library I'll probably fix, but I don't believe that the part with the train needs fixing other than maybe the hunching thing.

Edit: I also said that Celestia was around five and a half feet tall not six feet even with the horn.

7892820 The point was that she was describing what she was seeing and she saw me spacing out and described it like that. I was being silent and just staring at her unaware. Therefore I was spacing out and she was saying as such. She was talking about what she saw before she went blank. You can't describe something you have no recollection of.

Thanks for the stories, Coltsguy! It's been a fun ride, and I'll make sure to check out the stories you hijacked for those portal incidents. :twilightsmile:

7894511 Thanks! The first and last ones don't exist but if you feel like writing them yourself then go for it.

Well, i believe this trilogy ended on a delightfull note despite the initial suprize for the (canon) mlp characters. Sure they would always posses the memory of seth but ALAS !!! >>> [Rule #1: You do NOT speak about seth; Rule #2: You DO NOT speak about SETH !!]. Still, he can always visit a derivative of the mlp reality, which is fine either way. Now then, if you fair gentlemen(and female equivalent) would excuse me, im off to read bishop's story "Reversal of fortune" followed soon afterwards with "Ungrounded". Tally-ho!!

7953684 The reason it was sung with those words instead of the real words is because they were misheard by me for a while and I didn't know the actual lyrics until later. Perfect memory doesn't mean perfect reality. As for this:

7952131 ...Well that was just me slipping up. I'll go correct the second part.

5452930
What is 6 x 9 ? :pinkiecrazy:

9765515
Huh. Never thought it would get to three guesses. But anyway, that is also incorrect. The correct answer was 27.

Sitting on top of the 4th wall where bad comics burn.

Sitting on top of the 4th wall where a bad Comics burn.

Login or register to comment