• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 3,443 Views, 307 Comments

Cause, Effect, and Consequences - Coltsguy



It looks like I get a second chance at a life in Equestria. Let's all find out if it works out this time or not.

  • ...
11
 307
 3,443

PreviousChapters Next
Powers are Complicated

This was definitely the most interesting time that I've had since I came back- no, in the entire time I've been in Equestria. I've been driving down this old dirt path that used to be a settler's trail with one hand on the wheel and the other hand on Rainbow Dash's head as it bounced up and down in my lap. Now, this situation is really complicated and needs to be expanded upon to make any kind of sense so I might as well elaborate on why it's happening.

It began a bit like this:

"You know, I was expecting this wagon to go a bit faster."

"Yeah, well I'm not going as fast as it can go yet. This path is a bit too uneven to go faster on. I'd wreck the thing and we'd definitely get hurt."

"I guess you're right, but we should get a nicer stretch soon."

"How do you know that?"

"I have to be really aware of my surroundings when I fly. I can't consider myself as an awesome flyer if I just started crashing into things all the time."

"Very true."

It was funny. I didn't really think I would have much of a conversation with Rainbow Dash while we drove to Appleloosa. I drove for about five miles before she got bored. After that happened, she got a bit chatty about the car itself. I didn't know very much about it so I attempted to talk about the show it was from, but she wasn't really interested. Instead of trying to continue to bark up that tree I decided to ask her about the Wonderbolts. It worked and she ended up talking about them for fifty-six minutes. I clocked it because I felt like that might happen when I brought it up.

During that little information dump we drove through a path in the woods and continued on to a path clear of any real surroundings. I was still being careful because while I didn't have any obstructing twists and turns anymore I had to look out for these little rocks that looked like gravel spaced out a bit on it. As a driver, I know not to speed down a gravel road. I once almost rear-ended a trailer because I couldn't stop and another time I started to fishtail without any warning at all. The second taught me more than the first, but they were both valuable lessons.

A couple of minutes went by as she said they would and the road leveled out more evenly. Accordingly, I sped up the car some and soon we were going about a hundred and ten miles per hour. Right on cue, her mood brightened up considerably even thought the terrain slowly shifted to the recognizable one of the arid plains.

"This is a lot better. I can definitely feel the wind blowing through my mane just like it does when I'm flying."

"I'm glad you like it. I was starting to think you wouldn't be cheery at all."

"You know, there's another reason I wanted to come with you in the car."

"Really? What?"

"I wanted to talk about something with you."

"You could've come by anytime you wanted to talk."

"No I couldn't. I needed to talk to you... alone."

"Why would you-" was about as far as I got before I glanced over to Rainbow Dash before I shut up and did a double take. She had her hands cupped in her lap while twiddling her thumbs. Her face showed that her eyes were looking straight down and... a strong blush on her cheeks? My head snapped right back to the road. What the hell was going on? The only time you see that kind of scene is when a character is really nervous about something. And she wanted to talk to me alone? Too many warning flags were popping up right there.

"Oooookay?"

"I-I don't know how to say this... but... IthinkIreallylikeyou!"

"..."

"..."

"...Is that you Discord?"

"What NO!"

"I was just checking!"

"This is really hard for me to say! I don't know how or why or when but at some point I started looking at you and I just felt... a connection. Like you were someone I wanted to be around. It was like how I felt with my friends but... somehow more. Now, with just the two of us out here and nopony else, I just feel like you and me, together, it just feels right."

"I... fe-... di-... I..."

I had no words. How the hell does a person respond to that? Especially when it makes no fucking logical sense! This was Rainbow Dash! She didn't do demure. Hell, I was pretty sure she was into Soarin' despite the fact that it was merely fanon conjecture. How she could find me, who was out of shape and an entirely different species, as an acceptable catch made no sense whatsoever.

I was broken out of my confused stupor when I felt her hand on the back of my neck. I spared another glance over towards her and noticed that she had leaned over from her seat, after taking off her seat belt, and had gotten less than a foot away from my face. Her eyes were staring straight at me with almost a forlorn look in them.

"When there's something I want I go for it whether it's the Wonderbolts or some clueless guy who can't seem to make a move."

"You, uh, really ought to be wearing your seat belt."

Oh my God that was lame.

"Forget about the seat belt," she said as she leaned in closer. "Let's focus on this."

'This' ended up with her giving me a peck on the cheek. At that point, blood was starting to rush to my head as I could feel my heart beating faster. It was getting harder to think as my face heated up.

"I don't have to be Applejack to know how honest your face is being right now."

Even through that haze I could hear how sultry her voice was. My thoughts were shutting down even faster than the time with Twilight. I did want her to stop. There was something wrong going on there that I was still trying to figure out before either Dash or myself ended up doing something that at least one of us would regret. Unfortunately, I was stuck like a deer caught in headlights as she leaned over further across my field of vision and began to kiss me deeply.

It was really odd. Her tongue was darting all over as I just continued to do nothing. My brain was almost completely shutting down as she was draping herself over me. All I could see were bright flecks of light dancing in my eyes and the rainbow colors of her hair.

Her hair.

In all the haziness it was the one thing I was able to latch onto. I focused intently on her unique hair. It was mostly because of one key point. The color had dulled significantly. I only had one thought as I felt her move from her seat and straddle me in mine. Discording a pony dulls their colors.

As she tried to pull her shirt off, I grabbed it right before anything but her midriff was exposed.

"What are you doing?"

"Dash, I think you may have been tricked into doing this."

"No I haven't!"

"Dash I won't lie and say that it would be wonderful if you really felt that way about me. I would love it if any woman felt that way about me. It just isn't real."

"It is real! I feel it!"

Before I could stop her, she grabbed my arm and placed my hand on her chest.

"You can feel it too right?"

Okay, other than that soft feeling in my hand that I was probably going to feel a bit guilty about later, I was getting really sad and upset about the situation. In response, I pulled my hand from her grip, reached around her, and pulled her into an embrace. I then placed that hand on her head and channeled some magic into it.

"Sleep my dear," I whispered into her ear.

Quickly afterwards, I felt her slump down a bit with her head resting on my shoulder. A nice trick I learned from Discord. It only works if the person or pony is emotionally vulnerable enough and I was pretty sure this qualified. The effect would only last about an hour, but by then I would hope that I could solve whatever was happening. To do so, I knew just who to ask.

"Discord! Get your motherfucking ass out here right now!"

A few moments go by and nothing but the scenery had changed. He wanted to play that game? Fine. Twilight told me that she had a spell that could summon Discord and I since I couldn't learn spells for some stupid reason I figured something out on my own. I could just summon him with hax magic, a.k.a. chaos magic. A snap of my fingers and suddenly Discord appeared... as a hood ornament. Hey, if it worked then that's all that mattered at the moment.

"Discord you son of a bitch! What have you done?"

The small ornament turned around and looked at me. I couldn't make out any details with him being so small, but I swear I could feel the smugness wafting off of him.

"Well, well, well, what exactly have you been up to while I was away?"

"Oh don't you dare Discord," was my seething reply. "She started coming onto me suddenly and strongly on the drive here and I had to stop her because you did this to her!"

Discord lit up in a flash and moved into the back seat.

"As amusing as that sounds I can assure you that I did no such thing."

"That's bullshit! Take a look at her hair. That's your M.O.: fading colors mixed with a personality change."

I kept trying to glance back at him while I kept my eyes on where I was headed. I didn't hear anything for a bit so I just started levitating her back into her seat.

"Well this is certainly a surprise."

"What, that I'd be pissed?"

"No my boy. You did this to her."

Hearing him say that shocked me into dropping her out of my grasp. She ended up sprawled out between both of our seats.

"What are you talking about? I wouldn't do this to her!"

"And yet the evidence is to the contrary. I may be good at mental manipulation, but this is more than just that. This is surprisingly thorough. Not only was her usual personality not truly subverted it was actually used as a base to allow more true feelings to build properly towards a certain route. There are even a few triggers in place to help things along. The most notable one has her make a move on you if she was turned human. It's so intricate that only someone versed in the field would notice the changes."

I was hearing him, but I really wasn't paying him any true attention. All I was concentrating on was the fact that I had done this to her. It wasn't some bad guy. It wasn't just Discord making a really bad joke. I had done this to her. I had made her want me this badly. It was a terrible irony to boot considering that I had a thing for hypnotism. I just didn't want it to be something I did to anyone. Or maybe, deep down inside, I actually did want it. That thought that I might want to do this to someone was more worrisome than anything else. It all came out with one thought out loud.

"This is the bullshitiest hax power I think that the term great power and great responsibility could be most appropriate to use for me."

"It is quite an accomplishment for someone this new to the whims of chaos to be capable to such changes to someone's mental state. You really must have some prior conception to the field."

Yeah, I was not about to tell him that I had a hypnosis fetish. A bark of laughter told me that he hadn't left my mind private enough to keep that to myself.

"Dammit Discord!"

"That is going into the blackmail folder for later. It does explain things however. Some of them anyway. Deep down inside you wanted a sexy, submissive woman to treat yourself with. Someone who you could make to love you despite all of your faults. A pretty sad thing I might add."

"I don't want to hear the psychoanalysis right now. I just want to get her back to normal."

"It will take a bit of time, but place your hand on her head and search through her mind for your magic. When you find it simply reabsorb it into yourself."

"It sounds easy enough."

"You're lucky I'm so impressed with what you did. From where her head is I could've said that you had to do something more vulgar to make it work."

I easily understood the connotation of his words, but he decided to hammer it in by playing a song on the radio to make it even more awkward.

"I'll just leave you to work on that," he said before there was a flash of light that signaled his departure.

That left the two of us alone once more. I felt miserable. However, I couldn't let her suffer like that. I placed my hand on the side of her head and began searching. It took quite a while to find everything. The murky feeling of my magic compared to the clear feeling of the rest of her mind let me know what to fix. I manged to pull it out of her just before we arrived at the scene of the issue the Doctor warned about.

The area was surrounded by royal guards. They were inter-spaced about every fifty feet or so in a wide circumference. Inside that area, I could see the familiar dancing arcs of energy that taunted me the last time. Seeing that pretty much confirmed my suspicions on what was wrong. Well, the Doctor did say that was the issue, but the specifics would probably get to me when the Doctor arrived. I slowed to a stop not too far away from the perimeter and finished pulling Dash into her own seat. The sleep spell would still work for a few more minutes so I turned her back into a pony and let her curl up in the seat.

Seeing her there made me decide to do one more thing. I reached over and poked her head with my index finger. I then proceeded to blank her memory of the last few hours up to the point just after we left. She didn't deserve to suffer by remembering what she did. I would be the one who had to remember for her. It was my fault after all.

I finished just in time. I took my finger off of her head and she slowly stirred from her sleep. She looked around groggily before stopping to look at me. She then let out a yawn and shook herself out.

"Hey there. When did I fall asleep?"

"Not too long after we got started. You got pretty bored when we weren't going too fast."

"Yeah, that sounds right. Are we there yet?"

"Yep! We just got here. We beat those slowpokes on the train by a lot I bet," I said with some feeling of pride despite how I felt.

"That's awesome, but... that means it's just us until they get here."

"Us and all the guards yeah."

She rose up fully and looked over the front end of the car. Upon seeing all the guards, she let a grin slip onto her face.

"Wanna have some fun?"

My mind quickly flashed the image of her straddling me not that long ago, but I pushed past it quickly enough. If this would make her feel happy then I wouldn't stop her. It might even help me feel better about myself. At least, that was what I hoped.

"I think some fun is just what just the doctor ordered."

PreviousChapters Next