• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 3,436 Views, 307 Comments

Cause, Effect, and Consequences - Coltsguy



It looks like I get a second chance at a life in Equestria. Let's all find out if it works out this time or not.

  • ...
11
 307
 3,436

PreviousChapters Next
Oh, I've Got the Music in Me Alright

"Muchos gracias as some of my people would say. It means 'many thanks to you all'. Now, without any delays, I present to you all the latter act of my musical presentation for the evening. The non-classical section. I'll ease you into it with the first song and from there it will expand in a way that I hope you all enjoy."

A half turn to my left and a wave of my hand signaled for some of my illusions to drop. In the empty space further inside the stage was now a group of twenty five identical copies of myself with various instruments in their hands. Some murmurs went through the crowd at the sight of this and I guess I couldn't blame them. I even had one sitting at the piano were I was sitting before. Most of the instruments were familiar to the ponies present since they were orchestral in nature. However, I had a couple of them holding onto electric guitars and two sitting in a sound booth for special sound effects. With everything in place, I actually stepped to stage right, which if don't know is the left by the audience's viewpoint, and let them play my first selection.

The piano intro was spot on with how I wanted things to start. It was when the violins, drums, and electric audio kicked in that changed the mood in the air. It was a beautiful mixing of several different audio styles that sounded wonderful to my ears. The audience wasn't sure what to think when that started, but it looked as though very few of them started to talk with the music increased in volume. I took that as a plus.

Since there weren't any lyrics to this song, I took the time to see if I could gauge the reactions of the audience to see if I needed to make any changes. I had several songs on the list and Twilight insisted that I have several backup songs to use in case they didn't like what they were hearing. I relented on that very quickly since that made sense. Not everyone likes the same genre of music. I prefer rock to most other forms, but I will generally listen to most forms of music. My exception to this is country music. It just sounds so bland. I also have a tough time listening to dubstep, but if I zone out I can bear it.

The audience didn't seem to mind the song too much from what I could see from the stage. I guess I didn't need to change the songs around too much. I decided to just swap the second and third songs around. Keeping up the positive vibe would be helpful before I got heavier with the music. The heavier forms of rock would probably not go over well, but I could test that out as I kept these going.

I took a another look back at my own occurring performance. Everything seemed to be going according to plan. None of the illusions seemed transparent or out of sync. They all looked like they were supposed to. The guy on drums especially looked like he was having a good time. I really liked how my mentality went into these illusions. It helped to bring out the flair that I needed for them to be convincing.

I zoned out a bit myself since before I knew it the song came to an end. I walked back to the center of the stage and with a twirl of my hand a microphone appeared in it. It was time for the next song. I think that they will like it. I certainly hoped that they would like it.

Again the piano started things off. Sixteen notes that were followed by drums and guitar playing leading into the vocals for the song. Two fun facts about this song; I was at the taping for it and appear in the official video for a microsecond and the other was that the very night I went to bed afterwards was when Discord and I met. I suppose this song has a lot of personal history for me. Oh well, time to sing.

"I found a note with your name and a picture of us,
Even though it was framed and covered in dust,
It's the map in my mind that sends me on my waaaaay."

The lights above the stage began to shine on the audience as I continued.

"They say it's never too late to stop being afraid,
And there is no one else here so why should I wait?
And in the blink of an eye the past begins to faaaaade.

"So have you ever been caught in a sea of despair?" I sang and pointed at the audience.

"And your moment of truth is the day that you say 'I'm not scared!'"

"Put your hooves in the air if you hear me out there," I said while doing the same.
"I've been looking for you day and night.
Shine a light in the dark, let me see where you are,
'Cause I'm not gonna leave you behind.

"If I told you that you're not alone,
And I show you this is where you belong,
Put your hooves in the air, one more tiiiiiiiime."

A quick breather to take a look and it seemed that my song was going over well. My edit to the song for ponies didn't seem to matter as everyone seemed to listen and put a hoof in the air as I had asked in song. This was going better than I had hoped.

"I've seen a million miles, met a million faces,
It took all I knew to reach all these places,
And I'd do it again if it brings me back to yooooou.

"So have you ever been caught in a sea of despair?
And your moment of truth is the day that you say 'I'm not scaaaaaaaared!'

"Put your hooves in the air if you hear me out there,
I've been looking for you day and night.
Shine a light in the dark, let me see where you are,
'Cause I'm not gonna leave you behind.

"If I told you that you're not alone,
And I show you this is where you belong,
Put your hooves in the air, one more tiiiiiiime!"

Oh fuck yeah was I feeling this way more than the piano solos. Not quite as much as the copy of me playing the guitar was though. He took a few steps forward and got down on one knee while playing his heart out. The guitar playing came to a climax with him arching his back and raising the guitar over his head as he played the long note at the end. The song itself wasn't quite done yet, though. I had to love the boost I was getting with magic as well. Almost any time I sing I can't get through it without yawning. That wasn't happening here. It wasn't happening to the copies on back up vocals either, but there copies after all so they shouldn't have that happen in the first place.

Whoops. Time to continue.

"Put you hands in the air!!!

"Put your hands in the air if you hear me out there,
I've been looking for you day and night.
Shine a light in the dark, let me see where you are,
"Cause I'm not gonna leave you behind.

"If I told you that you're not alone,
And I show you this is where you belong,
Put your hooves in the air, one more tiiiiiime.
Put your hooves in the air, one more time."

As the music faded out, I had the lights dim at the same time. A stomping of hooves echoed throughout the hall. I was pretty happy that they liked it. Of course, it may have just been the contents of the song. Well, yeah, I guess that's more obvious than it should have been stated. Still, next was the third song. This one was the one Pinkie has suggested I play for them. I had played this before at a party in Ponyville and I liked it well enough so I went with it. With the stomping dying down, two of the copies approached from either side and spoke into my mic alongside myself to begin the next song.

"When it's time to party we will party hard."

Yeah, that certainly gave everyone a new look on their faces. The lights blaring and the instruments kicking into a strong beat definitely changed the mood. At that point, I switched everything to my memory of the music video I had watched for this song and decided to just mimic it to them. Even the backdrop behind me changed to what I was thinking. Well, except for Andrew W.K. with a bloody nose. I put up a picture of the old style Elements of Harmony from the picture book. Much better in this instance.

"Hey!"

Honestly, I was having a tough time seeing the audience at that point. I was too busy jumping and bouncing my head to the music. I had achieved what I wanted to do in the first place. I became absorbed in the music and ignored the crowd. Normally that's a bad thing when you are performing a stage show because audience participation is crucial to your success. This was different since no one knew the lyrics right then. I'd probably switch that up later when they knew what to say.

"You!
You work all night! And when you work it you feel alright!
And when,
When things stop feeling alright,
Alright,
And everything is alright,

"Cause we will never listen to your rules, No!
We will never do what others do, No!
We know what we want and we get it from you,
We do what we like and we like what we do!

"So let's get a party going, let's get a party going,
Now it's time to party and we'll party hard, party hard,
Let's get a party going, let's get a party going,
When it's time to party we will always party hard!

"Party hard! Party hard! Party hard! Party hard!
Party hard! Party hard! Party hard! Party hard!

"Party hard! Party hard! Party hard! Party hard!
Party hard! Party party party hard! Party hard!"

Hell yeah! I was feeling it as the music interlude continued. This song was just as entertaining as the first time I heard it from Madden '03. Coincidentally, that was last time I was any good at Madden NFL. Still, that was not important right then. I still had over half a song to go.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!

"Alright! You!
You fight that fight,
That fight,
And when you fight it you feel alright, but when,
But when,
When things stop feeling alright,
Alright,
And everything is alright,

"Cause we will never listen to your rules, No!
We will never do what others do, No!
We know what we want and we get it from you,
We do what we like and we like what we do,

"So let's get a party going, let's get a party going,
Now it's time to party and we'll party hard, party hard,
Let's get a party going, let's get a party going,
When it's time to party we will always party hard!

"Party hard! Party hard! Party hard! Party hard!
Party hard! Party hard! Party hard! Party hard!

"Party hard! Party hard! Party hard! Party hard!
Party hard! Party hard! Party party party hard!

"Party hard! Party hard! Hey!
Party hard! Party hard! Hey!
Party hard! Party hard! Hey!
Party hard! Party hard!

"Party hard! Party hard! Hey!
Party hard! Party hard! Hey!
Party hard! Party hard! Hey!
Party hard! Party hard!

"PARTY HARD!!!"

I honestly had never felt so lively as I did right then. I felt really energized by the music. The audience reaction was mixed, though. I had some ponies applauding the performance while others just gave a skeptical look of my actions on stage. It was at that point that I was incredibly grateful for the little spell I had done to myself. Seeing those scrutinizing looks on the less than entertained ponies would have made regular me a gibbering puddle of a man. The me on magical suppressants couldn't afford to give a fuck. Instead, I just moved on.

"Thank you very much everyone for listening to my performance so far! I bet you all have somewhere to be so I'll wrap things up with one last song. It's my favorite song of all so I hope you don't mind if I sing it once to a wonderful audience. Play us out maestro."

And play he did. He being a copy of me knew what I wanted to hear. 'Click, Click, Boom' by Saliva. I threw down that song instead of my original fourth since it always made me feel upbeat whenever and wherever I heard it, no matter what. Letting these ponies hear it was as much as a gift to myself as it was to them. A wave of my hand made the lights dance in several different colors all over the place and a couple of them also ended up strobing at a medium pace.

"Come on, come on!
Come on, come on!"

I started grinning widely in anticipation. I was going to go out with a bang and I was going to love every minute of it.

"On those Saturdays when kids go out and play,
Yo I was up in my room, I let the stereo blaze,
Wasn't faded, not jaded,
Just kid with a pad and a pen and a big imagination,

"All this, I seek, I find, I push the envelope to the line,
Make it, break it, take it, until I'm overrated!

"Click, click, boom!
I'm comin' down on the stereo,
Hear me on the radio,

"Click, click, boom!
I'm comin' down with the new style,
And you know it's buck wild,

"Click, click, boom!
I'm on the radio station, touring round the nation,
Leaving the scene in devastation,

"I can see it in my mind,
I can see it in your eyes,
It's close enough to touch it now,
Far away enough to diiiiie!"

I added a few bursts of flame on the sides of the stage as I drew out the last line. It was just visual and not real flames, but the effect was still good enough to catch some ponies off guard.

"What the hell is wrong with me?
My mom and dad weren't perfect,
But still you don't hear no cryin' ass bitchin' from me,
Like there seems to be on everybody's CD,

"So just sit back and relax and let me have your head for a minute,
I can show you something in it that had yet to be preceded, oh yeah!

"Click, click, boom!
I'm comin' down on the stereo,
Hear me on the radio,

"Click, click, boom!
I'm comin' down with the new style,
And you know it's buck wild,

"Click, click, boom!
I'm on the radio station, touring round the nation,
Leaving the scene in devastation,

"Why have I clouded up my mind?
Why's my mother always right?
And will I make it to the end?
Or will I crawl away and diiiiiiie?

"Click, click, boom,
Click, click, boom,
Click, click, boom,

"Click, click, boom,

"All those Saturdays when kids go out and play,
Yo I was up in my room, I let the stereo blaze,
Those Saturdays when kids go out and play,
I was up in my room, I let the stereo blaze!

"It's all inside of me, it's all inside of me,
It's all inside of me, it's inside of my head,
It's all inside of me, it's coming over me,
It's all inside of me, it's all inside my heeeeead!
Yeah!

"Click, click, boom!
I'm comin down on the stereo,
Hear me on the radio,

"Click, click, boom!
I'm comin' down with the new style,
And you know it's buck wild,
Everybody, everybody come on!

"Come on, come on, everybody come on,
Come on, come on, click, click, boom!

"Come on, come on, everybody come on,
Come on, come on, click, click, boom!

"Come on, come on, everybody come on,
Come on, come on, click, click, boom!

"Come on, come on, everybody come on,
Come on, come on,

"Click, click, boom!"

That was fucking awesome! And to get that point across to my audience, I literally put on an illusion that the entire stage exploded right in front of them as I raised both hands in the air on the last word of the song. I stood there amongst the fake flames of my illusion for a few seconds before I teleported to where I glanced up and saw where the three princesses I was after in attendance were. I ended up right behind the three of them, created three frat sized wooden paddles, and proceeded to telekinetically smack them on their hindquarters. All three of them reared on their hind legs with a shriek and I proceeded to bust up laughing.

"I told you I'd get you back!" I exclaimed between laughs.

As I received glares from the three of them and from the group I came with that showed up behind them, I took my glasses off, created a pair of sunglasses, and slid them onto my face.

"Boom baby."

Author's Note:

For the record, the first part of the fun facts for Unity by Shinedown is true. I do appear in the official video for a microsecond as it was taped at Rockfest in 2012. The me in this story found out about it after he returned home just in case anyone was worried that it was a plot hole.

PreviousChapters Next