• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 3,205 Views, 149 Comments

Equestria Noir Case 24 "Eternity's Cry" - Jacoboby1



Twilight ascends to become an Alicorn, Private and her having a falling out. Twilight is determined to see through it for the good of Equestria. Private discovers a plot to put miasma in Twilight. But before he can stop it, he's sent to the futu

  • ...
6
 149
 3,205

Epilogue

Case 24

Epilogue

I felt like I was falling, falling in an endless white plane with hundreds of clocks going in reverse around me. I couldn’t explain why, but I felt happy. I managed to tell Twilight how I truly felt. Sure, it was the future Twilight that came about because I’m an idiot. But, still, it felt great to finally let it out.

I looked to my right, and saw the twins from the carnival, dancing together on a clock. The stallion said, “I told you he’d make it.”

“No you didn’t,” the mare disagreed. “You said he’d possibly make it, I never doubted him at any time.”

I yelled to them, “Hey! Who are you two?”

They stopped dancing and looked at me. “Just Travelers,” the stallion replied.

“Seeking new worlds,” the mare continued.

They began alternating one another.

“Ways to live,”

“ways things will live,”

“and ways things have lived.”

“Still always hoping,”

“that one day,”

“everything will have lived in harmony.”

“For Faust believes it,”

“and so do we.”

They smiled and walked off into the white. What an odd pair, I hope they find whatever it is they are looking for. I closed my eyes as I fell, smiling blissfully to myself. I had done it! I had been sent back! I had managed to find a way home!

I couldn’t have done it without Twilight. That’s what this adventure has taught me, no matter how strong I get, I can’t face life alone. Not without her.

Faust, can you hear me? I promise to do my best! I will never leave her, never forsake her! Even if she doesn’t return my love I will always be there for her, because, darn it, I love her!

I opened my eyes, and gazed into blue ones. Faust was falling with me. She smiled tenderly and said, “That, Private Phelps Eye, is a prayer.”

She spread her wings and caught a wind, flying up into the empty sky above. I turned and flew directly down as the clocks kept moving faster around me. Hold on, Twilight, I’m coming!

A flash of light revealed itself and enveloped me in it’s warm embrace.

____________________________________________________

I opened my grey eyes, I was standing where I was during the ceremony. Ponies around me were talking and cheering as Twilight was being led up to the front where her fellow princesses were.

I was back home! It worked! Twilight, you are a genius!

I then looked as Twilight stepped up and Spike came with the crown. He lifted it and prepared to put it on her head. If that crown gets on Twilight’s head the miasma will enter her. I had to stop it!

I pushed my way through the crowd and yelled, “Stop that crown!!”

Everypony in the room looked at me as I pulled out Blackbird. I aimed it and fired at Twilight’s crown. It made a direct hit and was knocked out of Spike’s claws. The crown flew several feet and clanked against the wall.

I ran up to the front, a stunned crowd around me. I looked on at Twilight, she was just as beautiful as when I last saw her. Clad in her dress, her new wings tucked at her sides, her mane styled and her hoof about to sl-

Slap!

Oh right, she’s still pissed at me.

“Preventus Phelps Eye, what are you doing?” she yelled. “It’s not enough that you have to act arrogantly about this, but to disrupt the coronation because of your petty need to be worshiped! That’s a new low, even for you!”

“Twilight, you don’t understand!” I cried, rubbing my cheek where she slapped me. “That crown is tainted!”

“Look you don’t need to insult the crown!” Twilight said, still not getting it.

“Private Eye, explain yourself!” Princess Celestia demanded sternly.

“Your Highness, I have reason to believe miasma was put in that crown!” I said, urgently.

Luna turned visibly pale at the mention of the stuff that corrupted her the first time. Celestia, however, kept her stern look. “This had better not be just an excuse to stop the ceremony.”

“We don’t have time,” I yelled. I used my magic to grab a nearby guard’s sword. I lifted it up in my hooves and slammed it down on the crown, shattering it to pieces in one blow. Everypony around me gasped at my display.

At first, nothing happened. Did I do something wrong? But, the miasma was definitely in the crown, wasn't it?

Suddenly a loud screech sounded all around me. The blue mist poured out of the crown, taking the form of a face contorted in pain. Everypony in the room looked upon it in fear.

“No way!” Rainbow cried, leaping to my side, “Not this stuff again!”

“Who would think to use such horrid methods?” Rarity asked, joining us.

“And on Twilight’s specially day too!” Pinkie said, sticking her tongue out at the mist.

“Ah’m not gonna let that thing get in Twilight!” Applejack cried, joining us.

“Nopony hurts our friend while we are around!” Fluttershy said, delving into her assertive side.

The miasma looked on us in shock. I smirked and asked, “Did you think I wouldn’t sense you? That you could hide from me?”

The miasma tried to dive into Twilight, who stood frozen in a state of shock. I galloped towards her trying to get in between them. Before I could reach her Voidera stepped in miasma's path, his horn glowing blood red. The blue mist stopped short at the sight of the furious Dracorn.

“You who thinks to use this young one for evil, shall never see the light of day ever again!" he cried, his eyes glowing an even brighter red. I am Voidera, destroyer of Miasma, and servant of Faust! Now begone!” His horn fired a red beam. It hit the miasma and seemed to melt it.

It was surreal, the miasma cried in pain as Voidera’s magic began shrinking it. I kept myself in front of Twilight just in case any bit of it would try and escape. Voidera can destroy Miasma? He said he was a servant of Faust too… just what is he?

The miasma eventually vanished and all was quiet. I turned to Twilight, she looked at me, still reeling from the shock. I smiled and walked to her, pulling her into a hug.

“Private, you knew it was in there?” she asked finally.

“Took me a bit, but I figured it out,” I replied, glad I didn’t have to tell her the exact circumstances. I looked into her eyes and said, “Twilight, I just want to say, I’m sorry.”

She stared at me in shock. “You said you’re sorry?”

“I should never have been against this, Twilight,” I admitted. “I should’ve been right there by your side through all this. I’m so sorry. Will you forgive me for being an idiot?”

She looked at me for a long time, and then pulled me into a kiss. For a minute I was just happy to be with her again. She broke it and said, “As long, as you'll still be my idiot.”

Suddenly I heard something crack. I turned and looked up to see a portal opening. Suddenly something flew out, cloaked in a shadowy aura. I looked at Celestia, and saw her eyes widen in shock, Luna’s as well.

I looked back to the mysterious aura. It slowly dissipated revealing an Alicorn male. He was tall, and muscular, with a blue coat that resembled Luna’s. His cold blue eyes gazed upon the shocked inhabitants of the hall with a chilling stare. He was clad from neck down in dark blue armor, with crescent moons adorning some parts of it. On his back was a sword that was about as big as me with an azure colored blade.

He looked to Celestia and said, in a regal voice, “Celestia, you’ve grown well”

“Father…” Celestia said.

Father? This guy was Celestia’s dad!

He looked to me, a look of scorn on his face. “I see you've allowed one tainted so close to one so pure. Foolish as always, my daughter.”

“Speak your piece, Lunard!” Voidera growled.

“Ah, if it isn’t my ex-student, Voidera,” Lunard said, looking down at the Dracorn disdainfully. “It seems you still can’t control your beastial side.”

Voidera bared his teeth like a wolf ready to pounce.

“Somehow I know you’re the one who ordered the miasma be put in Twilight’s crown!” I yelled. “Just who are you, and what do you want?”

He looked at me for a long time and said, “I will fulfill the wish of the mongrel for all to know my name. I am King Lunardium Nocturnonus Equestria! Former King of the Alicorns, and ruler of this world, until it was taken from me by all of you mongrels!” He pointed at us and cried, “You are all a regress, a taint on the Alicorn name! Your ancestors should’ve drowned years ago! They are responsible for the Alicorns falling! I will set things right. I will destroy this pathetic excuse for a kingdom, and return the Alicorns to their former glory. I will start by erasing Prometheus’ line from the world, and ending his taint forever…” he cried, pointing at me.

I knew, right then and there, I was in for the fight of my life…

To be continued…

Comments ( 21 )

Great Epilogue cant wait for the next Storie please hurry and write soon. :eeyup::twilightsmile::yay:

You, sir, get mustaches!!
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

Damn these cliffhangers!

Great chapter!

Good end to the story but damn that cliffhanger, even if it does transition well into the next story.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HOLY SHIT!!! Cliffhanger endings, i don't like but ill let this one pass. Good story, can't wait for part 2! :pinkiehappy:

*bites nails in anticipation*

I want a Past sins episode in season 2.

Man, it looks like part 2's gonna be awesome!

... that ending :pinkiegasp:

This is going to be one hell of a day for private, and I don't even know if it's going to end for a while. I'll be anticipating the next story. :raritywink:

i should have known it would be a cliffy ending :facehoof:

but still, this was great!!

2814717 Why yes I do.... i just need to get my uneven tophat :moustache:

And so it finally arrives....the final chapter......and it's much, MUCH more than just "Daddy doesn't like his daughter's boyfriend" type of events.....This guy, ultimately like any other tyrant, dictator, or other narcissic leader, doesn't care for the progress or well-being of others that aren't like himself, he just is wanting to take power and greed for himself.

........For such a powerful Alicorn, King Lunard should truly be a dragon....a mindless, greedy, antagonistic beast. What a dumbass....


Now it's time for Private to cut the head of the beast off, once and for all......and he has his wife at his side, Princess Twilight. Not to mention having the other Princesses there, a Dragon-Pony hybrid that should be considered an Alicorn, the Elements of Harmony, and a future dragon king.

This finale is gonna be......EPIC!!!!!!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::raritystarry::twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

2817108Lunard is a bit more complex then that...

AAWWWWWWW SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE NEED SOME LUNARD ART NOW!

The final battle is at hand...the king had returned...and now...hell has risen to meet heaven in a battle for the ages...

:eeyup:: Eeyup.

Well since we weren't given enough time to catch our breaths.
*choking sounds*
HURGH, BLEAH...

Login or register to comment