• Published 16th Feb 2012
  • 15,305 Views, 827 Comments

What Would Daring Do? - CommissarAJ



There are two types of ponies; those that read love stories and those who write their own...

  • ...
28
 827
 15,305

Sneak Peek - Where Would Rainbow Dash

Where Would Rainbow Dash?
Sneak Preview

“So Blondie returns in the latest book?” It was a rhetorical question on Applejack’s part given how much Rainbow Dash had been talking about the new book but far be it for her to deny the pegasus a chance to talk about something she loved. Besides, the conversation had been dominating by the fangirl’s gushings about the latest novel so it seemed pointless to try and steer it elsewhere. The farmer pony also suspected that the conversation wouldn’t stop just because they had reached her home at Sweet Apple Acres.

“Well at first they make it seem like a rescue,” Rainbow explained just before the pair stopped at the barn’s front door. “By the later chapters, however, it turns out to be anything but a rescue! I don’t want to spoil the rest but it’s a real page turner.”

Applejack got the impression that the only way to avoid having anything spoiled was to be as far away from the pegasus as possible and that wasn’t an option for tonight. “Come on, let’s get you something to eat,” Applejack said as she led the other mare inside. Within an instant of entering her abode, however, her nose caught a whiff of something. “Is that...apple pie? Who’d be baking at this hour?” Pie baking was usually a late morning or early afternoon activity for the Apple family. Between dinner and the fatigue of a long day, there was rarely any want or need for a fresh pie, or two judging by the strength of the aroma.

Following her nose to the kitchen, Applejack was stunned at who she saw. She had expected perhaps Big Mac to be the culprit—baking a pie for a friend or maybe some lucky mare—but instead her kitchen had been occupied by Spitfire and Soarin’ of Wonderbolts’ fame.

“Oh, hey! Didn’t think you’d be home so soon,” Soarin’ greeted with a jubilant grin. The high-flying stallion appeared to be the one responsible for all the activity in the kitchen as evident by the sauce-stained apron he wore.

“Spitfire! Soarin’! What are you two doing here?” Applejack replied. Seeing the two brought about a mixture of joy and confusion in the farmer pony. Despite her friendship with the pair, the life of a Wonderbolt made it hard to find time for social calls.

“What? Can’t a couple of friends just swoop in unannounced and cook up an anniversary dinner in your kitchen?” Spitfire answered with a playful chuckle. Judging by the discarded apple cores that littered the dining room table, the Wonderbolt Captain and her partner had been waiting for quite some time. “Besides, we technically have the same anniversary, too, so we thought we’d make a special occasion of it. Except somepony apparently couldn’t keep you busy like they said they would.”

“Keep me busy?” It took Applejack a second to realize what Spitfire was referring to. As the farmer swung about to confront Rainbow Dash, she was halted by a well-aimed kiss right on the lips.

“Happy anniversary, Applejack.”

****************************

Be sure to check out the exciting sequel, Where Would Rainbow Dash out now!

Comments ( 14 )

Yaaaay!

And for some reason I had this fav'd but not thumbed up. THAT IS NOW FIXED! :pinkiecrazy:

Awesome awesome awesome awesome! :rainbowkiss:

Sequel?:rainbowderp: Guess I need to finish the origional.

JUST ONE SOARINDASH FIC IN THE FEATURE BOX

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR

0/10 THUMBED DOWN REPORTED FOR TERRORISM CALLED 911 TOLD MY MOM

On a serious note. Will read later, it seems intriguing.

A sequel to the best fan story ever? With Blondie's return? And anniversary plots?
Pardon me while I fanboy.
*ahem*
OHMAHGODOHMYGODYEEEESSSSTHANKYOUICANTWAITMOREBLONDIEANDROMANCEANDTHINGSAAAAAHHHHHHHH!:pinkiehappy:

Oh mah gaaaaaawwd this story was so fucking awesome. :pinkiehappy:

Two stories in one?! Are you kidding me?! That shit is COOL :rainbowwild:

Sneak peek. "Peak" is the top of a mountain.
But still, will read. :pinkiehappy:

2392035

Well I totally finished this story a few days ago... And that was a good sounding solution... NO SPOILERS :scootangel:

And now I have been hooked into reading the sequel even more than I was thanks to the open ending of the first story. I seem to be at a loss for words to express what I feel towards this story. Congratulations, you have bested my sleep deprived brain. Best of luck with the next story. I can't wait to read it.

So awesome... SO AWESOME!!! Liked, faved, commence gushing: SO AWESOME!!! This story was really really great. Thank you for writing and sharing this with us. It made my week tor read this.
Only one problem... now I cant help but start reading "Where would rainbow dash?" and I hate to get into a good story just to have the chapters come out one every few months... So although I'm sure you've heard it before, REGULAR UPDATES!!! You gave me this addiction, don't leave me hanging, that's just cruel. :)
P.S. Did I mention that you rock? You rock. You are an amazing writer. I meant it when I said thank you.

I just want to say thank you for making this story! This is one of the most awesome Appledash fic I have ever read in this site. Thank you for writing this!:twilightsmile:

After years of putting it off, I finally finish this story.. much less tommy surprise There’s already a sequel! :rainbowhuh: :rainbowkiss:

Anyways, to put it front. I freaking.. LOVED IT.. both sides of the story from the AppleJack Spitfire/Rainbow and Daring’s were simply amazing and well thought out and well paced. At some point I was captivated and interested more on the Daring side more than real story itself!

I came as an heavy AppleDash fanatic but Spitfire really ran for her money, an interesting pair that seemed to fit right. At no point did it felt like the story dragged on, and when switching between the stories didn’t disturb the flow of the read. I didn’t know why I haven’t finished this read sooner!

Alas, thank you for writing this enjoyable and entertaining story. Kudos and good read!~ Off to read the sequel! :ajsmug:

Login or register to comment