• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 6,819 Views, 61 Comments

To Swap Places - The Blackcuno



Spell gone wrong that isn't Twilight's fault but Celestia's instead

  • ...
21
 61
 6,819

Reprecussion's

Dawn once again encroached on the library of golden oaks, bringing with it a large amount of groaning from a particular white pony. Blinking the sun out of her eyes, Celestia, ex-ruler of Equestria, threw her blankets off and moaned as wing stiffness hit her hard.
They had appeared shortly after Trixie and herself managed to escape the clutches of Chrysalis.

Taking into account what she had been through in the last two days she brushed her mane into her normal style of covering one eye with her pink mane. Steadying her breathing, she noticed that the primaries of her wings were now a deep amethyst like shade of purple. The sun’s rays penetrated her window, or more importantly her sister’s room.

Her mind was a mess of thoughts of confusion as she could hear Shining Armour, her brother, and Twilight talking loudly. Not loud enough that she could make out what was being said, more like general noise. Taking a few deep breaths she opened the door and headed silently downstairs to the base of the tree, bypassing the Guest portion of the tree which housed a snoring dead to the world Trixie, she smelt cooking. As she entered she could see that Twilight, now the same size as her or was it she was her size, glaring at her whilst Shinning had a large portion of pancake in his mouth, some syrup on the chin classically.

“Morning” Celestia commented quietly taking only the mug of brown fluid, coffee, and downing nearly half of it. “Listen I got to re-organise the library so we can talk later okay-“

“That can wait. Sit” Twilight stated firmly. Using her own magic to force Celestia into a seat magic then prevented the ex-princess from moving at all, unless you count the rocking. “Now then, I take it you know why you’re here?”

“Uh-“Celestia feigned innocence and it only lasted a fraction of a second before Twilight blew her lid.

“Do you have any idea the kind of disaster you have caused single handily? Not only did I not give you permission to swap us, but you did so whilst I was drunk. Not only that but this has not been the two days and guess what-“

“-what?”

“We are still royally messed with. Luna cast a reversion spell on my friends-“Twilight stated emphasizing that fact,”-and guess what; you’re stuck like that, permanently”

“What?!” Celestia stammered. “But no the spell should have worn off last night”

“I know because he doesn’t want you back on the throne, just yet” Twilight stated as Celestia mouth moved but no words came out. “And you can thank Princess Luna for that one. When I was doing the sun raising, today included actually because you were dead to the world, he stated you need to learn a few lessons of your own. So from now until the foreseeable future, you will be my sister, Twin to be precise. ‘Princess Celestia’ never existed and those who know are only the bearers of harmony and Princess Luna”
“That, no you can’t do that!” Celestia shouted, almost crying.

“Wasn’t me who did it. I’m sorry to be this bearer of bad news” Twilight stated. “But look on the bright side, you get a massive holiday and you get that chance of a family as he stated you never had for a thousand years” Twilight explained as Celestia just sat there gormless, tears rolling down her face. “Now then, last we heard you were kidnapped by Changelings. What happened?”

Celestia took a moment to compose herself before Twilights magic faded and she took the cup in her hooves. “Well, after a brief meet and greet with Chrysalis who demonstrated the feeding process to me first hoof, I awoke with Trixie still out in the same cell-“
________________________________________

“Urgh, mental note, send criminals to these things” Celestia muttered as her back felt exceptionally heavier than normal. Glancing back her wings had returned, but the primaries were purple now and she was still the same size with her mane still being a soft pink. “What? Is the spell unravelling? No matter. Trixie are you okay?”

‘Trixie wants fangs in neck again’ the blue mare muttered incoherently. Celestia walked over to the mare and jammed her hoof into Trixie’s midriff hard enough to snap her out of the love sick stupor she was in. “Warn us next time you jab your hoof into my stomach”

“We were fed upon, I don’t want a repeat” Celestia stated firmly.

“Trixie is in agreement, but has been here longer than you so Trixie has been fed upon a number of times already” the blue mare stated rubbing her neck. “These things are like vampires”

“I’ve met vampires before. They are better than these guys that’s for certain. Have you tried magic?” Celestia asked, Trixie shook her head before tapping the green goo attached to her horn. “Magic dampening goo. Classic I guess. We do this the hard way then”

“What are you thinking?” Trixie asked as Celestia ran a hoof over the hardened goo around her horns base. Walking over to Trixie, Celestia grabbed the mare and tapped the goo on her horn. “As much as this is erotic, what are you doing?”

“Testing the strength of the goo. Yours is brittle, hold still” Celestia stated. With a solid slam with her hoof at the base of Trixie’s horn, the brittle goo shattered and soft blue aura encapsulated Trixie’s horn quickly before fading. “There, your magic is back. Now we need a way out”

“Why are you helping Trixie?” the show mare asked as Celestia walked around the holding cell looking for something.
“I don’t care if you have a grudge against my sister Twilight, but we need each other to get out of here. Now, can you cast a basic Pyromancy spell?” Celestia asked. The show mare nodded as Celestia stood to the side pointing at a wall. “This seems to be the weakest point, can you cast here?”

“Trixie will try” Trixie stated as small flame erupted from her horn which quickly became a small fireball. Celestia wasn’t worried about being singed as she was attuned to the sun. A massive ball of burning gasses, so a small flame wasn’t something to be worried about as her coat, she had learnt after a rouge fireball spell cast by twilight, caught her off guard once and she got off scot free. She shook her head to get the false memory out of it.

The ball of fire was sent in a small arc before crashing into the wall, setting it ablaze. In doing so, Celestia managed to melt the goo off her horn in the burning wall. She felt a massive spike jar her horn towards a direction before her entire body was flooded swiftly with restoring magic which she breathed in and out, letting a small amount of the magic to escape her mouth which was a soft golden colour.

“Thank you Trixie, now then. Let’s get back to ponyville” Celestia stated with confidence.
________________________________________

“So the sun actually powered you?” Shinning asked, Celestia nodded before pouring another cup of coffee and nodded. “Wow, would explain why Twilight can go inferno on you I suppose”

“To my understanding yes, we spent the next 3 hours evading the changelings, or what was left of them, out of the old Castle of mine and Luna’s before being chased into the Everfree by those two you vaporised” Celestia concluded. “I fear that with my escape Chrysalis will try and invade once more”

“Cadence is up north in the empire at this time” Shinning stated as a yawning Trixie walked in. “So triggering our love bond isn’t going to help”

“Trixie seems to think you speak to loud. The twins and your home. Joy” she muttered as Twilight shoved a mug of coffee into her mouth. Trixie reluctantly took a seat before letting her head audibly hit the hardwood table. “If it was a prench tower we did, Trixie is all up for it later”

“Be thankful I don’t kick you out on your flank Trixie, but I am glad to see you alive at least. You didn’t have much leaving the last time” Twilight stated as Trixie moaned before Spike walks in, holding a plate of fresh pancakes. Twilight giggled as Trixie’s ears seemed to hone into spikes entrance.

“Well, this is a surprise. I guess more pancakes needed?”

“I’ll help you Spike. The twins here need to talk alone Mrs Lulamoon” Shinning stated walking up to Trixie, using his magic to hoist the now ‘trying to sleep’ mare in his magic by the nape of her neck. She moaned in more annoyance than actually getting a free ride to the couch in the lounge area.

That left Celestia and Twilight alone. The pair staring at each other for a long time before Celestia broke the silence. “Twilight, I am so sorry about what has transpired. I wished only for the pair of us to have a day off-“

“-Celestia, shut it as I know what you did was with the best of intentions” Twilight replied with a look of scorn plastered across her face. “And I will be the first to admit that it was fun, whilst it lasted. But you should know by now, anything involving myself or the elements will turn into a mess. Now then, I am very angry and any trust I had in you is long since out the window. For the time being, I think you need to learn a very important lesson right now”

Celestia paled as twilight got up with a look of almost disgust on her face. What she never expected was the massive hug that came from twilight. “What-“

“Sisters should never be angry at one another” Twilight said almost crying. “I don’t care if this is part of the spell or not, but I was worried sick when you were taken”

The pair hugged for the longest of time before breaking it off and sighing.

“I still don’t have any trust and faith I ever had in you what-so-ever. You will need to prove otherwise. I have the most perfect idea how” Twilight commented putting her hoof to her chin.

“Why do I get the feeling I’m going to dread this” Celestia moaned.
________________________________________

The door to the manor house opened in Canterlot to a butler pony, he glanced down at the pair of Alicorns before sighing.
“Welcome home Miss Sparkle, Miss Solar-Sparkle. Shall I inform your parents you are here?” he asked politely as the pair entered the house. Celestia, though her mind raced with false memories of a life she never had, stood in awe at the foyer of the house. Twilight looked over at Celestia who seemed to be going into a mode of ‘unable to compute’ before sighing a few times. “Something the matter Miss Solar-Sparkle?”

“No, just a headache is all” Celestia replied. Her last name, she always had one, but as princess she never needed it. More parts to the spell aligning she assumed.

“I understand, I shall fetch some medicine for you. Shall I also prepare some tea?”

“We will take it in the Reading room Mister Platter, thank you. Girls, you should have called!” a mare called as she walked into the main foyer, bother caught swiftly up in a hug by said mare. “Especially you Celestia Solar-Sparkle. Six months away and not a single letter. I should have the right mind to clip you around the ears for keeping me out of the loop. Not one letter! Twilight here at least sent one once a month-“

“Mum, she gets the idea, it was complicated, but I think Changelings had something to do with it?” Twilight stated nudging Celestia who blinked a few times before nodding sheepishly.

“Those creatures again, why can they not leave my family alone” Velvet Sparkle growled as the trio walked into the main reading room where a silver platter was on the table already with a hot pot of tea sitting there. “First the wedding and now six months without my Celestia. If I ever get my hooves on-“

“-Mum, I was actually in Fillidelphia, doing some traveling It was only in the last 2 weeks they got involved” Celestia stated as Twilight Velvet sighed.

“I knew you weren’t like Twilight. It would have been nice to let me know as I was worried sick” She mentioned as a stallion walked in, briefly nuzzling Twilight Velvet before joining the ladies on the cushions. “Guess who decided to show up dear”

“Celestia; you know your mother has been worried sick. Not only that but you missed the wedding-“

“I was there for Shinning and Cadences wedding ill have you know, I just owe-“Celestia cringed as Twilight glanced over at her quickly.

“Honey are you okay?” Velvet asked genuinely concerned as Celestia removed her hoofs off her temples.

“no-Yes, I mean I have no idea” Celestia stated. “If you don’t mind, Twilight can you come with to - my room as I think it’s a magic issue”

“Are you sure?” Twilight asked, concerned Celestia just nodded sheepishly.

“I think it was the changeling magic, sorry but I need to lie down”

“It’s okay, I’m sure Twilight can help” Twilight velvet said, “it is good to see you alive at least”

“Thanks mum” Celestia stated as she staggered out of the room with twilight close in tow. She made it not 10 feet out the door before passing out to the shock of all and rushing to her just as fast.
________________________________________

Light shone into the face of Celestia as she blinked a few times, voices coming back into hearing range as her mind raced. Changelings, her sister annihilating them, going home to Canterlot after six months of hightailing without telling her parents, but then there was ideas that she was a princess, one who ruled over the sun. But that was neigh impossible, sure she was an Alicorn, like her sister, but she wasn’t that important.

“Glad to see your awake” a voice called to her. Celestia at that point was looking around for the source of the voice. Seeing as it was Twilight, her head hung low with a sigh. “What happened back there?”

“What do you mean?” Celestia asked innocently. “I think I passed out a little”

Twilight raised an eyebrow, “No I meant when you said you were at the wedding with Cadence. Mum and dad wouldn’t have recognized you-“

“What wedding? I was in Fillidelphia for the last six months. You mean to tell me I missed big bro’s wedding?” Celestia asked seriously back to which twilight blinked a few times. “Twili, you okay? I mean it was obvious I wasn’t there”

“No it’s not that, but you mean to say you can’t remember being a princess?” Twilight asked with genuine shock.
“Well I was a bit of a pompous brat before bailing, if that’s what you were meaning”

“No I meant, argh, this is stupid. A Body swap spell, 2 days off. Doesn't that ring any bells?”

“There’s such thing as a body swap spell? But then considering the amount of time you spent in the library, of course you would know”

‘She won’t remember a thing. Conflicting memories of her past life have been suppressed until her mind can fully recover’ a voice stated to Twilight who’s face dropped before sighing. ‘Better that that a thousand plus years of torturous memories’

“Who are you listening to-“

“-No pony. Listen when you are feeling better after that fainting spell of yours, mum and dad want to keep you here for a few days. I need to speak with Princess Luna-“

‘Mentor by the way’

“-our mentor about the changelings”

“Sure sis, and uh, thanks for saving me back in ponyville” Celestia said, “I know I can be grating and all, but you’re the best Twin a pony can ask for”

Twilight looked at Celestia who was previously sitting upright in her bed now threw the blankets back on before lying back down trying to recover from the fainting spell with sleep. Twilights mind raced with thoughts, problems and ideas, but legitimately Celestia thought that she was the nothing more than a twin to her, student of Luna with a subtle rebellion streak.

Closing the door softly she sighed before smirking. “Well, I guess having a day off does that to you I guess” she muttered before giggling and giving her mother a hug. “So, now that Celestia is finally sleeping off that fainting spell, want to go for a walk?”

“Of course, will you be staying at all?”

“For as long as it takes for Celestia to fully recover. Luna asked we keep the library down in ponyville working”

“I suppose that works to” twilight Velvet stated. “Celestia was never one to remain stationary for long. What did she mean back there with the whole ‘I was at the wedding?” Twilight velvet asked.

“Well, she was sort of. I think she was hiding a bit from you and dad, but not sure”

“She and Candance didn’t really see eye to eye did they?”

“An Alicorn of love meeting one who can theoretically control the sun, no wonder” Twilight stated as the pair laughed a little before walking out the front door and towards the park. "Did you want to hear a story?"

"About?"

"Well, It started when Celestia wanted two days off"

End

Author's Note:

For points of Reference - the first chapters was my first foray into strange ideas and were written mostly in 2012. this was written in the last week or so of 2014. you can see the progression (as i wrote numerous times when i had a chance) form the last chapter to this one.

Comments ( 14 )

Nice chapter.:twilightsmile:

is there going to be more to this ? another story, a sequel or ........ i really like this story :moustache:

This was a great story. I enjoyed the whole thing.

The emotions seemed a bit all over the place:applejackunsure:

Awww.... I was hoping they wouldn't switch and everyone would only remember Princess twi and Celly

I really like this story hope you'll make a sequel:twilightsmile:

4766539 An intriguing idea, but then Luna loses a sister, as the now mortal Celestia ages and dies.

5578836 Wouldn't Twilight be her sister then?

5583147 Yes, but Luna is aware of the swap, having developed the spell used to make it happen, so she will know Celestia was her sister, and in her mind still is, and will have to watch her die.

By all accounts those two legitimately love each other, so I don't think she would take that very well.

5583537 I was thimking Luna would make herself forgot about Tia being her sister

5587053 Deliberately? I doubt that. Those two legitimately love one another, so to do something so absolute is...unlikely at best, and would make this story incredibly dark.

I am not sure what she had in mind when she threatened to "fix" the situation to get Celestia to come to assist in Canterlot, but writing her own flesh and blood out of her life, especially to such an extent? I can't see it.

Now, making Celestia's stay as an ordinary pony longer than planned against her will? Maybe. Let her see how her little ponies live a bit more closely than she desired. Princess Twilight could even arrange some "friendship lessons" to keep her from getting bored.

For example, don't do crap to your friends without their consent.

Important to remember, by the way, that Luna crafted the spell which Celestia used, and did it for the purpose it was used for, with intent to use it herself at some point. Celestia was simply foolish enough to use it before a heavily drunk Twilight had a chance to sober up.

5587110Eh i make dumb coments

5592603 Not stupid. It just needed some consideration.

great story but feel like it should have a squeal about events after wards,

Login or register to comment