• Published 10th Nov 2012
  • 5,336 Views, 110 Comments

Happy Tree Ponies - Belial



Your favorite fluffy critters become ponies!

  • ...
6
 110
 5,336

The Morning Rush

It took around an hour before any form of civil conversation could be had. Flaky woke up a couple minutes after Twilight, who was wrapping up Fluttershy's foreleg. Flippy had his legs and wings tied together, a sleeping spell placed on him, and was currently in the corner. Those who were not dead gathered in the middle of the room.

Pinkie Pie seemed oddly put out, her hair flat and a pout on her face,. She obviously understood that this was her fault. Fluttershy sat next to her and wrapped a wing around her. "Its okay, Pinkie..Nopony blames you..." She murmured quietly, still in shock.

Twilight turned to Flaky. "Will he be back to normal when he wakes up?" She asked, gesturing to Flippy.

"Yes, He, umm, normally snaps out of it rather quickly." Flaky said, seeming surprisingly unshaken. Twilight assumed she was good in bad situations.

Rarity walked around and checked everyone over, making sure that no one else was hurt. Lumpy and The Mole, however, she avoided. No point checking the dead for life.

She did, however, feel the need to bring it up. "What do we do with...with them?" She asked quietly, looking over at Lumpy's hideously twisted back. Handy spoke up quietly. "We should probably just put hem in the back of the barn, for now. Deal with anything extra in the morning." He looked around at everyone, seeing them all thoroughly shaken up. "I think we all need to get some sleep."

They all seemed to agree, though Applejack wasn't happy about having them in her barn. But, too socked to be as stubborn as usual, she agreed.

The morning came all to soon for the ponies of Ponyville.


They all went over to Applejack's house early that morning, Converging out front before heading to the barn.

They had stopped to talk, but none really knew what to say. Murder hadn't ever happened in Ponyville before. Even in the darkest parts of cities like Manehatten, it was a thing that only showed up one every ten or so years. None of them had ever witnessed it, and none of them knew what to do or say. Rarity fidgeted and shuffled her hooves. Fluttershy's lip quivered while she held her hurt hoof in the air.

Eventually, they all walked to the barn in silence.

What they saw when they opened the door surprised them.

There was Flippy, using one of the barn mops to clean all the blood off Lumpy, who stood there, perfectly alive, with a smile on his face. As if nothing had even happened. The blood and brain matter that still lay on the floor behind him, where they had lain the bodies, told a different tale.

"What in tarnation?"

Both tree friends.looked up. Flippy seemed to shrink back when he saw Fluttershy.

The Mole then popped out of some hay, looking vaguely in their direction with grey eyes, holding his glasses in his mouth. Flaky woke up, struggling to find her legs. "Uh, Huhh...?" She murmured, blinking sleep from her eyes. Upon seeing the ponies in the entrance, she shook the sleep away and walked towards them. "Oh, uhh, thanks for coming. Umm, Fluttershy, how are you? Is your leg better?"

Flaky stared, confused, as the six ponies stared back at her, confused. "Is something, umm, wrong?" She asked, quietly, looking between the six of them. She gave a soft, nervous chuckle.

"Umm, dear, care to explain why they're not..Ahh, Dead?" Rarity asked, slowly, her gaze flickering between Lumpy and The Mole.

A look of sudden realization dawned on Flakies face just as Splendid jumped down from the rafters. "Well, Why would they be? Its morning, after all!" He said, loudly, stretching out his wings. "Don't know what the big deal is. Anyway, I'm going for a fly, See you around, ladies!" He flashed a smile before pushing past the line of mares and flying off, out the barn door.

Flaky took an uncertain step towards Twilight. "Do your dead not, umm....come back here...?" She asked, quietly.

Applejack gave her a strange look. "Hold on a minute, missy. You mean to tell me that this -" She gestured towards Lumpy and The Mole, "Is normal? Where you come from, I mean?" She didn't look convinced, not all the way.

"Excuse me, may I put a word in?" A voice quietly spoke up from the back of the barn, as Flippy took a step forward. "I know that this must be strange to you - all of it - but where we come from, violence is normal. Its a totally accepted fact of life. Now, this doesn't mean I'm not ashamed of myself..." He paused, looking almost painfully at Fluttershy. "because I am. I hate the way I become. But the dying? Its normal. And the reanimation is normal too. I hope you don't find us freaks." He stepped forward, standing in front of Fluttershy."I want to tell you I'm sorry." He murmured, before stepping back and looking at all of them. "All of you. I'll try to stay contained."

They all stared at him in stunned silence, even Flaky. No one knew what to say.

Eventually, it was Twilight who spoke up. "While this is...news, to me, I'll let you know that we won't judge you all for it. its only natural for you. And, well, We don't blame you Flippy. Flaky explained to us that you weren't in control. And I know for certain that Fluttershy in't one to hold a grudge." She looked over at the cream Pegasus, who smiled softly and nodded.

"I don't blame you." Fluttershy said quietly. Flippy smiled and blushed, looking down at his hooves.

And so, all was well -
At least, until Splendid crash-landed through the barn roof, breaking his neck and nearly severing his head.

Everyone was silent for a moment.

With a glare and a noise of anger, Handy picked up a wrench with his mouth and flew up to fix the roof. Lumpy, with a laugh, moved over and started rolling the body to the back of the barn.

And, well, while everything wasn't perfect, it could have been a whole lot worse.

Author's Note:

Wow my writing for this story sucks.

And, sorry about time and the shortness. I also suck.

Comments ( 10 )

i had expect Twilight and everypony would totally freak out and Flaky and Flutters are so instant best friends..
I mean no offense but the title is kinda fitting, this chapter felt rushed No offense, you must have a rough year huh man? sorry to hear that.. hope you get real free time to write up

Maybe rewriting this chapter is a good idea

Heh~ well, it's okay for everyone to be busy or have other things taking up their time, it happens to everyone. :twilightsmile:

While it is noticeably rushed, it was still enjoyable, as well as nice that this is sill being continued, if slowly. Just keep in mind that it's better to update scarcely than not updating at all. Take your time and don't force yourself to write when the "groove" doesn't hit you; you'll get better results that way. And just keep in mind that if writing starts to become a chore, then it would be better to take an extended break. Hope this helps~ :ajsmug:

i hope every thing is fine over there, i love the contrast that you made, the ethernal cycle of life and death of HTF,versus the non violent world of mlp donĀ“t worry about the delay, we can always wait.
see you on your next update i am adding this to the bookshelf.

oh dear god what have you created D:

Just a normal life in the day of htf. It's like they have the powers of deadpool... only it kicks in after a day of death.

Bucking god damn Splendid.

Splendid ruined the mood

Well that was nice while it lasted.

Login or register to comment