• Published 5th Nov 2012
  • 3,269 Views, 102 Comments

Multiverse - Patience



When the dimensional veils around Earth and Equestria lapse a major change sweeps both worlds.

  • ...
6
 102
 3,269

10.) Implications

"What does this mean for me?"

"Your Ambassadorship?"

"Yes. What do you expect from me, and what if I don't want this responsibility."

"I expect you to aid me in communicating with you people. To ease tensions when we first make contact and to help me understand your world's customs, and to help your world understand ours."

"It seems to me that you intend for me to be your Ambassador. You say I'm an Equestrian citizen now, that certainly comes with protection in case things go sideways."

"I leave you with the decision of whom you serve. On one hand you have a lifetime of living on Earth; on the other you have this strange feeling that Equestria is 'different'. At the end of the day your decision does not concern me for no matter what you will always go out of your way to prevent any conflict between our two worlds.

And if you are to decide you do not wish for this responsibility I already have an Equestrian-Earth Ambassador; with whom you will be working along side with."

At that moment Twilight Sparkle made her way into the room. She seemed surprised that Princess Celestia was there.

"Princess Celestia?"

"Hello my most faithful student, I was just talking about you."

"Good things I hope?" She asked, a touch of giddiness in her voice.

"I just was just explaining to Ambassador Godfrey that he was to be working along side the Equestrian Ambassador, you.

"Diplomatic immunity." Godfrey chuckled lightly. Twilight flushed at his comment and Celestia cast them both confused glances.

"Oh she didn't mention that bit did she?" Godfrey chuckled more.

"Mention what?" Celestia looked at Twilight questioningly.

"Oh nothing much, just aiding and abetting, and assault of an officer." Celestia's eyes flew open in shock and she stared at Twilight.

"I-i Didn't kn-know he was an officer! I thought he was trying to hurt that other pony!"

Celestia just frowned, looking to Godfrey for an answer. Godfrey was thoroughly amused with this opportunity to make Twilight squirm, but enough was enough and he dismissed everything while waving his hand.

" I really don't blame her; her intentions were good, I'm sure."

Twilight took her seat, still slightly flushed from the situation Godfrey put her in. She absently twiddled her thumbs while Celestia collected her thoughts.

Celestia cleared her throat, and with that came the attention of Godfrey and Twilight. With two sets of eyes on her she began to speak.

"Well, while I have you both here I shall take the opportunity to explain to you what I know about why this is all happening in the first place."

Twilight suddenly affixed her eyes on the Princess, ready to soak as much information as she could. Godfrey, rolled onto his side, just as eager.

"Some time ago a great physicist theorized that next to this world there are multiple parallel others. Universes that are created when a decision is to be made; one universe continues down the path of one choice and a new universe is created for every other."

Twilight's eyes blew wide open and from, seemingly nowhere, a notebook, quill, and a bottle of ink appeared and she began to scrawl furiously.

"Normally these parallel realities exist separate from one another, and it is impossible to travel between them; but for a reason I do not know our universes are somehow meeting.

"It was further theorized that each universe vibrates as a specific frequency. So Equestria is vibrating at level 1 and Earth is vibrating at level 3, theoretically, they can not meet. There can be no exchange between the two worlds. So at this moment the two worlds are vibrating at different frequencies, but the universe, or universes, require balance, require harmony. So their frequencies are changing, they are converging in order to meet on the middle ground.

"That is what spurred the changes we are experiencing. That is why we are now half human and half pony, and as the frequencies continue to converge so will our worlds. There are surely more changes to come."

"Yes. Neither me nor my sister know what those changes will be. We speculate that magic will soon spread to Earth, but beyond that we know not."

Twilight looked thoughtful.

"Just how much will the two universes merge?"

"There's no way to know. Ultimately, I believe, that Equestria and Earth will become one place."

Neither Godfrey or Twilight knew what to say to that.

"That is why it is important to set up a good rapport with our new neighbors." Celestia eyed her student. Who blushed.

"I won't fail you, Princess!" Twilight turned to Godfrey. "You'll help too, won't you?"

"Sure, goodwill to all men, err, bronies."

"Bronies?"

"That is what my race has come to calling ourselves after the change."

"Interesting choice." Celestia smiled at Godfrey, knowingly.

"Well, Ambassador Godfrey, I shall leave you to your recovery. When you no longer need your therapy I shall come to you to discuss our nation's futures."

With that Celestia left me and Twilight alone. An akward silence grew between them, but eventually Godfrey broke the silence.

"So."

"Well where should we begin. We should have a game plan before we go back through the portal, and a back up plan in case things go wrong.

"Umm ok so what do you think we should do?"

"Well we'll need to get in contact with your leader."

"It is not going to be that simple. You're going to have to go through multiple channels before anyone significant will show up."

"Channels?"

"Yeah first there will be a formal investigation. Government agents are going to need to confirm the existence of Equestria."

"But, if they go through the portal the flow of magic will hurt them!"

"Then we're going to have to find a way to shield them from it. Like you do for me."

"I could do that, but will they let me?"

"Either that or death."

"Good point."

"Then they are going to want to ascertain if you pose a threat to our leader."

"Which we don't."

"Right, well once they fell confident enough the President himself will show up and then it'll be smooth sailing from there. Once relations are established then you gotta worry about US- Equestrian interaction."

"Huh?"

"Well I expect that the US will expect Equestria to be open for trade, despite your lack of technology. At least your magic will stand to be a good trade commodity."

"I don't understand."

"Technology. Where I come from there is no magic, everything we have has come from technological advances. The tools and devices we have are going to blow your mind, but just like you lack of technology we lack magic, and for every technological contrivance there is a magical one in this world, and just like you will be poor at using our technology, we will be poor at wielding magic, if we ever will be able to, thus, you have something other than the standard commodities to trade. Of course perhaps you nation isn't ready for our technology, in fact I for one think you'd be better off without it."

"What makes you think that?"

"I don't know, I just think that what we can do with our technology is going to rock this world, and not in any way that is good."

"You're not making any sense."

"Ok well, what kind of weapons do you have?"

"Weapons? Like swords and bows. There is also offensive magic, though only practiced mages are lethal."

"Right where is my stuff?"

Twilight levitated a bag over to Godfrey. He fumbled around inside of it and brought out his gun and his taser. He then cleared his gun, removing the magazine and clearing the chamber of the round in it.

"Should of done this a long time ago." He said as he set the now disarmed weapon down in his lap.

"Done what?"

"Unloaded this thing. See this?" He held up the 9mm round that came out of the chamber of the gun.

"This is a bullet. It is a piece of lead or other soft metal, in a form fitting tube. The space between the metal and the back of the tube is packed with a powder that burns extremely fast, and on the back of the tube is something called a 'primer' when it is struck it ignites the powder."

"And that propels the bullet."

"Right, we put the bullet in the gun," He held up his Glock, "In order to control where it goes, and to compress the energy. Instead of blowing out in every direction the heated gas only has one way out, down the barrel. When I fire this gun the projectile easily breaks the sound barrier."

Twilight's eyes widened, suddenly realizing what purpose the gun had.

"It's meant to kill."

"Yes. One bullet is all it takes, but this gun can fire 18 rounds as fast as I can," He demonstrated pulling the trigger as quickly as he could "Pull the trigger."

"Eighteen?" Twilight whispered.

"Yes, and this, this is just a simple hand gun. Our army standard issue is a long rifle that is accurate up to 500 yards and can fire 30 rounds in seconds. We even have guns that are accurate a mile away."

"Well surely there has got to be technology we can benefit from?"

"Medically, definitely." Godfrey told her, eyeing his room, and in essence the hospital in, seemingly, mock disdain.

Twilight giggled.

"It's not that bad here is it?"

"No... I guess I'm just tired of being cooped up."

"Oh! I know! I can introduce you to my friends!"

"Like we can leave this room, and go somewhere else?"

"Sure! All my friends have been called to Canterlot just in case the Princess needs us."

"You and your friends sure sound important."

"Well, not to brag, but we've saved Equestria on two separate occasions and another pony kingdom once."

"Saved?"

"A bunch of long stories, you sure wanna her them or do you wanna go for a walk?" Twilight smiled, slyly.

"Walk! I vote walk."

Godfrey changed into his clothing. He lacked any civilian clothes, but the shirt he wore under his uniform, and his uniform pants didn't look too formal, so he went with that.

Twilight lead him through the halls of the hospital and out the front doors into the heart of Canterlot.

Comments ( 32 )

i wonder if some books and video games would need to be remaid like halo and mass effect seeing as the games would no longer be accurate do to the fact that theit are no more humans

1968627 answer.... a whole lot.

I've long suspected that Pinkie's Party Cannon is powered by compressed air rather than black powder or any other chemical propellent. The existence of the steam locomotive on the railway suggests that Equestria has pressurised gas propulsion technology, so it might be that there are a lot of pressurised gas applications either extant or in development, such as fast-cycling semi-automatic projectile launchers.

Of course, Equestria has long been at peace (perhaps as long as a millennium) so military development must have fallen a long way behind Earth with its constant fratricidal arms race that, in Europe at least, runs back at least 2,000 years.

Overall, I think that Equestria could potentially be just entering a 'steampunk' era where steam combined with magical 'technology' drives an industrial revolution of sorts.

there's not just guns... he should've told her we have (literally) enough nuclear weapons to kill the entire population on Earth twenty times over

1969413
Wouldn't want to freak her out too much :twilightoops:

1969909 better to tell her now then have her find out later and see what she does then

I rather don't like how Celestia appears to be able to hold her own against our entire planet (Or at least she thinks she does, who knows)
OP ponies are not my thing.
But still tracking.

2065169
overpowered Celestia is best Celestia; JKing, what would conflict be w/ a get out of all bad junk free pass?

2065202
Exactly.
I hate it when people make her 'ZOMG IMORTAL!!!1!!!1!ONE!1!!'
I'd like to see her immortality when she takes a nuke to the face. :pinkiecrazy:
(Not that I wish that to happen...)

2065213
I don't know exactly what I have planned for the conflict 100% but I know it doesn't involve a superoverpowered catch all solving all their problems

I am writing again... I haven't been writing, mostly, cause I'm lazy, but I've also been without internet for quite some time; but I'm back, expect an update by at least tomorrow.

A very interesting concept, do continue good sir :P

Well I have to say, Equestria may be a magical superpower, but the US is a Military Superpower, all the US has to do is to drop an A bomb on Canterlot, and the US can take over Equestria without resistance. And I hope a Canadian appears, because these stories need Canadians, and considering that Canada is the US closet ally, I think Equestria needs someone that can talk to the President if things ever go downhill.

:flutterrage: stop faving this! Lol, just kidding, I have such terrible writers block over this story. I mean I know what to write next, Godfrey's gotta meet everyone and learn to fly, but I still don't know exactly what the conflict is going to be or who to write it.:facehoof: Thanks for the faves and thumbs up but I honestly have no idea when I'm gonna update this.

I wonder if there will be a next chapter, like, ever...

2405103 Still horribly blocked on this. I have no conflict or direction... I hate to disappointing everyone but I'd rather leave this unfinished than crank out some crappy story. I would like to pick this back up but I've just run clean out of ideas.

2405130
Maybe I can help you, I actually did help 2 writers already with their stories, so I have a little experience. Pm me if you are interested in my ideas.

This is a rather novel concept, but damn, is it in desperate need for a grammatical check up.

2435480
:rainbowhuh: Grammar? What's wrong with my grammar...
:unsuresweetie: My grammar is one of the things I pride myself on.

2457497

I don't mean any offense, but it would help if you did some touch up on the earlier chapters.

2457643
No offense; just questioning. I am far from perfect, and it has been a while since I wrote these chapters but I don't rightly know what is erroneous with the grammar.
I'll admit that my sentence structure and prose are a bit purple-ly (see Purple Prose) but the commas are in the right places, the sentences are complete and the syntax is good. What are you seeing that I am not? :twilightsheepish:

2458686

I can't quite put my finger on what, specifically. Just something about it made it feel weird.

2460667
That would be the purple prose :twilightoops:

2155358 finally!! Someone who gets it!! Pls people stop putting the U.S every time. It's an international event!! Atleast put the U.N:facehoof:

3929412
omg :fluttercry: I really wish I knew where to go with this story, because I would update it.

I have no conflict, and no conflict = no plot. I can't think of anything ingenious and original enough to actually write, and thus I have no motivation.

I have tons and tons of unfinished stories, and my policy now is to never publish a story till it is finished. So if this ever updates I will have to have finished it first.

If you have any suggestions or ideas you're welcome to bounce them off of me. I could even use someone to show my rough drafts to, or my ideas to...

No idea where this is going, but it seems too close to an idea I had down for writing. Granted, it was far from being put to paper. Regardless, I'm enjoying this, and it may motivate me to get my story out the door.

Hmm... Perhaps when it does, we can compare notes. What say you, author?

Keep it up!

My only curiosity is what the effects of total convergence would be. Other than that I generally dislike these kinds of stories.

3932078 Hail Author! Your words... your words are an inspiration! :pinkiesad2:

Dramatist aside; good story. If I have any ideas I'll PM them to you. And I for one am glad he started out explaining guns. Everyone likes to wave the 'we have nukes' card around. You can't just pull a nuke out without another six, minimum, nations getting their panties in a twist over it. And nukes aren't something people want to use. Gun on the other hand? Every cop, most criminals, maybe a fifth of all the nuts and a good splattering of the common folk have a gun or know where to get one and can use if and get away with it relatively easily. Guns are the real killing tech fear in a setting like this.

Login or register to comment