• Published 5th Nov 2012
  • 3,269 Views, 102 Comments

Multiverse - Patience



When the dimensional veils around Earth and Equestria lapse a major change sweeps both worlds.

  • ...
6
 102
 3,269

1.) When Worlds Collide

On December 21st, 2012 the world stood still. Humans around the globe held their breath, well at least the humans that thought the world was about to end held their breath, as the clock struck midnight.

I, on the other hand, was nursing a headache curled up in bed falling into a fitful sleep. Back the to zealots.

-held their breath as the clock struck midnight. Then all at once. Nothing. Hmmm something's wrong here. Something big is supposed to happen, but what?

Meanwhile in Equestria.

On December 21st, in the 1,002nd year since Nightmare Moon's banishment a frantic mulberry unicorn raced about her library spouting some nonsense about the end of the world. At least Spike thought it was nonsensical.

"Twilight, the world is not going to end."

"Your right Spike! Cause the Princess will know what to do!" Twilight stopped moving suddenly. A crazy gleam in her eyes, her mane a mess and a maniacal grin plastered across her face. "Spike! Take a letter!"

"Nu-uh! No way you remember what happened last time." Twilight's eye twitched.

"Fine! I'll do it myself!" A quill, dripping fresh ink, and some parchment came floating over to her.

"Dear Princess Celestia," Twilight mumbled her writings to herself.

"We are on the precipice of disaster. It has come to my attention that the world, as we know it, is about to end.

I trust you will respond with haste so that we may begin to work on a way to circumnavigate this disaster.

Your most faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle."

She then rolled up the scroll and began to wave it wildly at the purple dragon, who was slowly backing up into a nearby corner.

"There's no way I am sending that letter Twilight." A pepper shaker came floating out from the kitchen, unbeknownst to Spike.

"Spike the Princess has faith in me and trusts me completely! I must tell her about my findings."

Spike shook his head and clamped his mouth definitely.

"Nuurf!" Was his muffled reply.

Twilight up ended the shaker above his head and began to pepper him with pepper. When his eyes bulged and began to water she held him in place with her magic and held the scroll out in front of his mouth. Within moments the sneeze came, along with the emerald fire that consumed the scroll and sent it on its way to Princess Celestia.

Both Twilight and Spike stood still and silent for a few moments. Then the reply came forth from Spike's maw. Twilight snatched up the scroll greedily, unrolling the scroll with fiercely inquisitive eyes.

"To my dearest and most faithful student, Twilight Sparkle." Twilight iterated.

"You know that I value your diligence and I trust you completely but, for the second time, you simply must stop reading those dusty old books."

Twilight's eye twitched once more.

"I assure you that no harm will come to anypony in Equestria this night. You have my solemn promise, as ruler of Equestria, and your teacher. Please rest easy and consider your actions tonight once you have woken and have rested.

Signed, her Royal Majesty, Princess of the Sun, and your mentor

Celestia"

Suddenly a wave of tiredness swept over Twilight Sparkle, her and all other inhabitants of Gaia(1).

Suddenly a wave of tiredness swept over the inhabitants of Earth, simultaneously everyone on the planet felt an irresistible urge to sleep. For the first time since before the first human rose every human on the planet was still.

Simultaneously every being on Gaia felt an irresistible urge to sleep. For the first time, since before the first sentient being rose all sentient life on the planet was still.

And then the worlds touched.

Author's Note:

Not much editing here, just some proper paragraph spacing.
1. I'm calling the planet Equestria resides in Gaia until something more canon comes out.