• Published 5th Nov 2012
  • 3,270 Views, 102 Comments

Multiverse - Patience



When the dimensional veils around Earth and Equestria lapse a major change sweeps both worlds.

  • ...
6
 102
 3,270

9.) Ambassador Godfrey

Godfrey floated along inside his own mind. His dreamscape loomed before him and his mind molded a serene scene. He was dangling in a chair lift on its way to the top of the mountain. A snowboard was strapped to his very human feet.

He didn't remember getting off the chair lift and it didn't matter. He was sliding along, propelling himself along with his unsecured foot, heading to the mouth of the trail.

There were ponies all around him. They stood, open mouthed, on their four hooves, gaping at the intruder. He didn't really notice, he was preoccupied with guiding his board along the trail.

At some point he strapped in and was speeding along. He was laying down some serious hurt on that mountain. Carving hard and catching air off of the smallest of bumps. He was in his element.

Ahead on the trail he saw something shimmering, but he couldn't quite make out what he was seeing. He thrust the edge of his board out to slow his reckless pace, but the snow was not yielding. Suddenly he had wings, which he had flared out. He cried out, in a panic, and a voice came to him.

"Everything will be ok, my little pony."

He choked back a sob, and his wings generated drag. He slowed considerably, but he could not stop completely nor command his board, he continued sliding towards the white mass before him.

What he saw before him commanded all the respect of any being he had ever clasped his eyes upon. She held his eyes with her captivating awe and brilliance. Her aurorial mane flowed and her golden regalia shimmered in the brilliant sunlight.

She stared into his eyes and, mouth un-moving, she repeated her appeal.

"Everything will be ok, my little brony"

He was sure he was completely brony now, he looked back up at the regal figure he was about to collide with; she too had become a brony.


Godfrey woke with a start. He gazed around his room, but stopped abruptly when he saw the same figure he had just witnessed in his dreams resting in a chair nearby.

He stared at Celestia, wide eyed, and she smiled back.

"I am Princess Celestia co-ruler of Equestria and the patron of the Sun; Allow me to extend you a personal welcome to my nation."

"Uh. It's nice to meet you."

"Is it really. The circumstances that led you here are all rather unfortunate; certainly you would have rather avoided them?"

Godfrey frowned.

"Nevertheless, you are here now, and by royal decree you are an official dignitary; representing earth and your home nation."

"Huh? What?" Godfrey was unsure of the implications.

"I also wish to extend you the courtesy of full citizenship in Equestria."

"Umm, thank you. Look, err, I'm not really all that important or anything. You're gonna want to talk to the President or someone more qualified."

"Excuse me for being brash, but I am going to assume any world leader is going to be biased and self-serving. In the interests of my nation I have always sought unbiased and uninfluenced information about new foreign powers."

"That seems kind of... underhanded."

"It does doesn't it? Simply put; Equestria is a peaceful and neutral nation. I have no intention of warring, or even squabbling for power. And when it comes to power; I have more of it that you can imagine." A momentary dark aura enveloped Celestia. Godfrey equated her aura with one of a mother bear protecting her cubs. He realized at this point that was there ever a fair and caring ruler she was it, and that she would crush any attempts to take advantage of her, her nation, or her subjects.

"I assume you can infer what I am looking for."

"You want to know if you need to fear us."

"Precisely."

"Well I haven't seen much of your technology, but from here it looks like fear wouldn't be unfounded."

Celestia frowned.

"If all you have is slings, arrows, and swords; our technology will cut down your entire force in an hour."

"If you're trying to scare me; it's not working." She frowned.

"Scare you? Why would I do that. I am virtually trapped here. If I try to leave I'll collapse and die in moments. I'm at your whim. You want to know information and I'm giving it; and for all I know I'm committing treason. Yet, I for one sense that this place is different, and I'd hate for you to go through that portal and get your pretty head shot off because you don't understand Earth bureaucracy. You want things to go smoothly then take my information; if your truly are peaceful then you aren't going to torture me and anything I willingly give you should be enough to secure peaceful relations with my world."

She smiled at him.

"You made it sound like you are no good at this."

"At what? Logical deduction and inference? I'm good at that; politics isn't my thing though."

"What is the likelihood of an aggressive reaction?"

"From the United States? Threaten us we will throw everything we got at you. Otherwise, tread lightly and make no sudden movements and we'll get along fine."

"You represent this 'United States'?"

"Yes, I am natural born citizen of The United States of America, and now, I guess, the US-Equestrian ambassador."

"How do you think I should present myself before your leader."

"Leaders. We have over 500 members in our congress. They each represent different goals, opinions, and ideas of the people of the US and make decisions on our prerogative. Our President is both the figurehead and the commander in chief of our military, so you'll probably end up meeting him first."

"Oh, you're Democratic. Very good; we have something in common." Celestia smiled warmly, that is certain to get things started on the right hoof.

"You're democratic?"

"Most definitely. I have final say, but when I established Equestria ten thousand years ago I established a parliament of elected officials to ensure that the opinions of everypony would be heard and treated with respect."

"You established Equestria ten thousand years ago?" Godfrey asked with a look incredulity adorning his face.

"Yes. Me and my sister both. We are immortal. To me it is apparent that there isn't much magic on your world. Perhaps we should exchange some history."

And for a while she spoke of the history of her world.

Celestia spoke of the events celebrated on Hearthwarming's eve and her battle with Discord. She reached the battle with her sister, skipping past the thousand years of relative normalcy, and finished by describing her sisters retribution and the recent rediscovery of the Elements of Harmony. By the end of her history lesson Godfrey's mouth was, once more, agape. He was lost for words for a few moments, but finally he managed a question.

"You raise the sun?"

"Yes. err. Well actually, that is a slight misconception. Despite my several attempts to make my ponies understand the exact science, it sees time prefers it when I represent our planet as the center of everything.

I can manipulate its position, rotational speed, axis, and fuel consumption rate; but recently all I find myself really doing is conserving energy by simply keeping the planet from drifting out its orbit within the habitable zone."

Godfrey could swear she blushed slightly.

"So you could just end everything in a hot fiery flash couldn't you?" He stared at her, fearful of the answer. No amount of guns, nukes, or technology compared to the raw power of a sun.

"I could." She nodded solemnly.

"I guess world peace is easy when it's ruler can cast it into flames without a moment's notice."

"There's hardly world peace on Gaia."

Godfrey looked at her questioningly.

"I take no precedence over the various other nations on this planet. The Griffons and Minotaurs have their own lands and governments. It is my power that keeps them from warring with Equestria, but I care not for the petty squabbles they hold among themselves. Now I believe you have some history to educate me with."


Godfrey finished. Celestia had taken nothing at face value, and after a few, well placed, questions she had knew all she would about how she should go about presenting herself to the United States of America; and the rest of the world.

She eyed the gems embedded in her regalia. Few knew how old they were, and what they held; she simply hoped Earth wouldn't have to find out first hand.

Author's Note:

My head canon of Celestia is a conniving mother bear. She has her fun but don't you dare mess with her ponies.