• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 5,438 Views, 45 Comments

Angel - Silver Hoof

  • ...
4
 45
 5,438

She Was Alone In The Room

Twilight Sparkle blew her purple-and-magenta mane out of her eyes as she reread the Princesses confusing letter for the tenth time. She was flustered, to say the least. I just- I don't understand it. She shook her head to clear her mind, and then read it once more.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

I need you to come to Canterlot immediately. It is imperative that I see you tonight. Meet me in my private chambers at ten-oh-clock sharp.

Your friend, Celestia.

What had puzzled the purple mare the most was that the Princess had referred to herself as Twilight's friend. She had never done anything like that before, not even when she and her friends had saved Equestria. Has she- Has she been picking up on my feelings recently? The unicorn shook her head and chuckled at the absurdness of the thought. That can't be it, can it? Either way, she was about to find out.

Gingerly, she tip-hoofed up to Celestia's enormous private chamber doors and tentatively nudged them open. Inside the pristine- but sparsely-furnished room, the Princess sat on an elegant, maroon-colored rug outlined in a golden thread, her long, sleek legs tucked underneath her, gazing out of the only window in the room at her sister's gloriously breathtaking night, which was only one hour, fifty-seven minutes, and forty-eighty seconds from ending. Twilight had counted.

Upon hearing the door creak, the Princess turned and she smiled at her student. Not a smile of 'ruler-to-subject', but a smile that should be reserved for lovers, two ponies who had been with each other for years, and truly loved each other. You are over-analyzing things again Twilight. She thought. Remember that mental break-down that you had a couple of years ago? And it was for what? Being tardy. She can't possibly feel the same way that you do. She can't. But still, that smile... She shook her head once more.

The Princess chuckled. "Come in, Twilight. I did not call you here so that you could stand in the doorway and let in the cold air and the bugs." Twilight nodded, not trusting her voice. She trotted nervously into the room, trying to hide her anxiety- failing miserably, by the way- and slowly shut the door behind her. She, then, trotted over to her Princess and mentor and lowered herself down onto the rug. "Look out there." Celestia said, stairing out the window once more. "The night is beautiful, is it not?"

"Y- yes, Princess. Beautiful." Twilight whispered, nodding in agreement.

"And the day is beautiful too, right?" The Princess asked. Twilight, unsure of where this was going, answered with another nod. "But, my dear student, the day and the night are not the most beautiful part of this twenty-four hour cycle."

The purple mare chuckled nervously, brushing her mane out of her eyes. "W- well, then, what is the most beautiful part, Princess?"

The Princess gestured to the sky with a hoof, gazing out the window. She smiled. "The most beautiful, most mystifying part, is the transition, the period in between night and day. The time that links the two. The twilight." The unicorn blushed, suddenly feeling scared, giddy, and nervous all at once. The Princess knows! She thought. She knows, and she feels the same way that I do! Celestia lifted a hoof and embraced Twilight, pulling her in closer. The purple unicorn watched as her teacher's horn began to glow. She lowered her head, and Twilight saw the sun start to rise.

Twilight gasped. "Princess... It's- It's-"

"Beautiful?" Celestia offered. Twilight nodded- she seemed to be doing a lot of that lately. The Princess grinned. "So are you." The unicorn's jaw dropped, and she stared, shocked at her mentor.

"Princess?" She whispered. "Wh- What do you mean?"

"Oh, come now, Twilight." The Princess replied, chuckling. "You don't honestly expect me to believe that you haven't had a crush on me for the past five years, now do you?" The unicorn didn't respond, eliciting a face-hoof from her teacher. "Oh, come on! Twilight, I know! There is no use in hiding it. If I had any doubts, I would not have called you here."

Twilight blushed suddenly taking great interest in a loose thread in the rug. "Was it that obvious?" She mumbled.

Celestia giggled, a sound that the unicorn didn't expect to hear from her teacher, and huged Twilight tighter. "When you are staring at a pony's flank, holding a book in front of your face would be most helpful in making you look inconspicuous." The unicorn's cheeks turned an even darker shade of red.

"I- I'm sorry, Princess." She whispered.

Celestia chuckled again. "Oh, Twilight, there is no need to apologize. It's not like I haven't done the same thing from time to time."

"What?" Twilight said incredulously. The Princess simply laughed.

"Well, what did you expect me to do? You mean to tell me that you are allowed to peep at your Princess when she isn't looking, but she is forbidden from peeping back? What kind of logic is that?" Twilight could tell that Celestia was only joking. Nevertheless, she was unable to answer, causing the Princess to giggle even more. She stood, revealing her full form, and stretched out her angelic wings. All in all, she stood about five to five and a half feet tall, the tallest pony in all of Equestria, although some recent rumors had surfaced claiming that the Changeling Queen was three inches taller. Her vibrant, transparent mane flowed as though it had a mind of its own, and Twilight noted that the Princess wasn't wearing any of her royal attire. The Princess was showing her student a side of herself that nopony else knew, and this touched her, made her feel special. She had allowed Twilight to watch her raise the sun, and it wasn't even the Summer Sun Celebration. Celestia gazed into Twilight's violet eyes and smiled lovingly. "Come with me Twilight." She whispered, extending a wing for the unicorn to walk under.

Her interest suddenly piqued, Twilight asked, "Where are we going Princess?"

Celestia answered with her own question. "Do you know how long it has been since the last time that I took a day off?" Twilight shook her head. It was probably before she was even born. "It has been nearly fifteen-hundred years. I desperately need a day off, so I have sent a letter to Luna informing her that I would need her to hold up the sun today. We have the whole day to ourselves."

"Wh- What are we going to do?" Twilight asked, still a little nervous. Celestia yawned.

"Well, for the first six hours, I thought that maybe you would want to go to bed." The purple mare's heart raced immediately upon hearing the Princesses suggestion, and her blush intensified tenfold.

"Um... Princess?" She said. "Don't you think that we should take it slow? We only just admitted to liking each other."

The Princess stopped in mid-stride. She turned back to her student and began to laugh hysterically. "You need to get your mind out of the gutter, my dear Twilight. I meant nothing like that. I only wanted to cuddle."

"C- Cuddle?" Twilight smiled and nodded. "I think I would like that."

Celestia hopped onto her elegant bed and pulled the luscious sheets aside. "Come, lay down with me Twilight." The unicorn did as she was told, slipping onto the bed and lying on her side, sinking into the extremely soft mattress. She felt the warmth of the body of the Princess as she slid in next to her. Twilight sighed as Celestia pulled her in close and extended a wing to blanket her. Life. Is. Perfect. Twilight thought. Celestia, you are my Angel.

Comments ( 38 )

Come on! Everypony, please comment! I want comments. And maybe some pictures. And definitely funny stuffs.

Comments eh? How about.....MORE!:flutterrage:
Hehehehehehehehe:pinkiesmile:

The D'aww. It's...it's too much. :raritydespair: This story is sooo adorable, and I love the song as well. Wonderful job, my friend. :pinkiesad2:

1513465 You... You've heard the song? AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

1513684 It's freaking beautiful, just like this fic. :pinkiesad2: Great job, bro. All my feels. If you don't mind me asking, have you read my story that you fav'd? :twilightsheepish:

1513695 Don't know...:twilightblush: Truth is, I fave anything with 100+ likes unless it is something I don't agree with. Which story was it?

1513710 It goes by the name of Feral. If you enjoy romance, AND violence, you will love it. :pinkiehappy:

1513720 Still not sure if read... Will read later.

markwatches.net/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/your-head-asplode.jpg
The d'aaws imploded my brain.
I love this.
The only thing sweeter than this is XXXX quad distilled aspartame.:pinkiesad2:

Why does it have a sad tag on ?

1568221 Have you listened to 'Angel' by The Jones Gang? If you have, you would know why it's sad. It isn't there yet, but it will be.

:twilightblush: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :trollestia::heart::twilightsmile:

Thanks for getting it back up, I squ'eed again.
I also listened to the song, if you do this right this could be the single fic I cry for.:fluttershysad:

1679477 Sad means it could possibly have happy ending. Tragedy = no hope. this story could end happy. haven't decided.

1681022 some Tragedies have a bittersweet ending.

So they meet, all of Twilight's fears are unfounded, they go to bed, then... what? Nothing happens. No conflict. It's like this is a scene taken from some other story.

1697889 Ok..... Wat? I don't see what you are saying, so.... I guess..... Shama-lapa-bapa-lapa-ding-dong!

1697915
Unless I misread, the main 'conflict' was Twilight being nervous, and it was resolved by Celestia feeling the same way Twilight did. Did I miss something?

1697961 Just.... The story's not finished yet. It says incomplete. And that's not the main conflict. The main conflict is that Celestia is immortal and Twilight isn't. Wait for the story to be done before questioning the legitimacy please?:derpytongue2::trixieshiftright::raritydespair::pinkiesmile::applecry::raritywink::twilightoops::twilightangry2::eeyup::rainbowlaugh::flutterrage::fluttercry::fluttershysad: RANDOM FACE ATTACK!!!!!!

1698013
Ah, see, the beginning is generally where one would expect the conflict to be hinted at, and I couldn't find anything that told the reader what to be looking out for. Is there some specific part I missed?

1698039 Nope. This story is incomplete. First few chapters are designed for cuteness and D'awwwwwws. The conflict will happen later. I'm sorry if you don't like the way I am writing this, and for how slow it is going, but I have other stuffs taking up my time. I just got finished being sick. Chapter 2 is almost done, and will contain more cuteness and D'awwwwwwwws. If this style of writing is not your cuppa tea, I suggest that you read one of my other stories. Only 2 of them are complete tho. They are called 'Love Is A Funny Thing', and 'Not What It Seems'.

1698069
I enjoy the Luna/Pinkie fic. I don't feel that a story being as yet incomplete is an excuse to ignore the fact that it seems to be missing something. A story about cuteness and d'aww with an undercurrent of the inevitable sorrow of loss is great as a concept, but it seems like you forgot to include that undercurrent in the leading chapter. Adding it suddenly later is possible, but tends to come off as a fairly jarring change of tone when you start with pure cute.

1698143 I was... um.... kind of going for that..... heh....:twilightblush: I like to shock the readers...... Really shock them..... I'm basing this off of a song, and the song starts happy, so that's how I did the story. I think I may use 2 endings, 1 happy, and 1 sad.

1698172
Oh, if you intended a jarring change like that then you're fine. My apologies, I just see authors do things that later harm the story all too often, and since Sadfics and Twilestia are some of my favorite things I thought I should bring it up.

Carry on! :twilightsmile:

1698452 K! I may do something about this thing later. I want it completed first tho.

You hit my weak spot. Said weak spot is a fondness for Twilestia fics.

1498627

You opened with such a particular set of words... it triggered something in my brain. All of a sudden Pinkie was singing in my brain. "Come on everypony, comment comment comment! Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine!"

1769719 You have made my day! :pinkiehappy: I have to follow you now, and I dont giveadamn if u no write!

1773139 "I give a smile, I get a smile, and that's so special to me." :pinkiehappy:

1773145
My name is Pinkie Pie (Hello!)
And I am here to say (How ya doin'?)
I'm gonna make you smile, and I will brighten up your day!
It doesn't matter now (What's up?)
If you are sad or blue (Howdy!)
'Cause cheering up my friends is just what Pinkie's here to do
'Cause I love to make you smile, smile, smile
Yes I do
It fills my heart with sunshine all the while
Yes it does
'Cause all I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of mine
I like to see you grin (Awesome!)
I'd love to see you beam (Rock on!)
The corners of your mouth turned up
Is always Pinkie's dream (Hoof-bump!)
But if you're kind of worried
And your face has made a frown
I'll work real hard and do my best
To turn that sad frown upside down
'Cause I love to make you grin, grin, grin
Yes I do
Bust it out from ear to ear, let it begin
Just give me a joyful grin, grin, grin
And you fill me with good cheer
It's true, some days are dark and lonely
And maybe you feel sad
But Pinkie will be there to show you that it isn't that bad
There's one thing that makes me happy
And makes my whole life worthwhile
And that's when I talk to my friends and get them to smile
I really am so happy
Your smile fills me with glee
I give a smile, I get a smile
And that's so special to me
'Cause I love to see you beam, beam, beam
Yes I do
Tell me, what more can I say to make you see
That I do
It makes me happy when you beam, beam, beam
Yes, it always makes my day!
Come on everypony smile, smile, smile
Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine
All I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of mine!
Come on everypony smile, smile, smile
Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine
All I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of mine!
Yes a perfect gift for me (Come on everypony smile, smile, smile)
Is a smile as wide as a mile (Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine)
To make me happy as can be (All I really need's a smile, smile, smile; from these happy friends of...)
Smile, smile, smile, smile, smile!
Come on and smile
Come on and smile!
:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Here, have a version you may not have heard before.

On that note, I think I'm going to go listen to The Art of The Dress instead for a while. Later~

1773445 I'll download to my MP3. U should listen to 'Lullaby' or 'One Of Us' by SoundOfTheAviators.

hope to see more!

I really enjoyed this story; thank you.

A couple of minor typos:

huged

"hugged".

upon hearing the Princesses suggestion

That should be a possessive, not a plural.

Fluffy Twilestia goodness... :twilightsmile:

1773469 so, is this story dead...or what?

Login or register to comment