• Published 22nd Oct 2012
  • 16,980 Views, 58 Comments

Princess Sweet - rosebudthefoal



There's a secret about Sweetie Belle that not even she, Rarity, nor her parents know.

  • ...
3
 58
 16,980

Chapter 4: She's GONE

Princess Celestia looked over at the big double doors of the throne room. She had just heard a knock coming from the other side. "Enter." she called calmly.

The doors creaked open and a purple face peered in. "Hello, Princess." Twilight Sparkle greeted nervously.

"Twilight Sparkle!" Celestia trotted over to the doorway and pushed one door ll the way open with her wing. "I haven't heard from you in awhile. How are you?"

Twilight stepped in and looked around. She saw a rather worried-looking Princess Luna standing back, and wondered what she was upset about. "I'm good, Princess." Twilight answered.

"Well, was there something you wanted?"

"Well..." Twilight glanced at Shining Armor, who stepped in after her. "Shining told me how you didn't seem well and I wanted to see if you were okay."

Celestia ruffled her wings and gave the stallion a quick glare before replying. "I'm perfectly fine, as I keep telling everypony. But I'm touched you were worried about me." she then pointed towards the door. "Shining Armor, would mind retrieving some tea and cakes from the kitchens? We can all sit down and visit if Twilight isn't planning on leaving."

"I'm not planning on leaving, but you don't have to. You're probably busy..." Twilight said quickly.

"No, I'm free for now." Celestia told her.

A few minutes later Celestia had set up a table and she, Luna, Twilight, and Shining all sat down at it and talked. "So tell me, why did you visit Canterlot today?" Princess Celestia asked her student. "Certainly not just to say 'hi'."

"Oh, Rarity's younger sister has been... weird today." Twilight explained, setting down her slice of cake so she could talk.

"Sweetie Belle?" Celestia asked. "The delightful little flower filly at the wedding?"

Twilight nodded. "Yes. She's had some very powerful magic outbursts since this morning; powerful enough to match mine and way too powerful for a filly."

Celestia raised an eyebrow and exchanged a glance with Luna. Twilight continued.

"She somehow dyed her coat without meaning to, and it somehow managed to deflect all the different dyes Rarity tried to get her coat back to normal. And the thing I understand least; she had two little scars on her back." Twilight used a hoof to trace two lines on her own back. "Then I went to talk with her parents to see if they would know anything. They told me how she was adopted, and about how they had found her in the park. The two scars were injuries from back then."

Twilight was about to continue when Celestia stood quickly. "I need to see this filly." she said seriously. "Shining Armor, go get some pegasus guards and a carriage. We're going to Ponyville."

Shining Armor ran off immediately, sensing the urgency in the alicorn's voice. Luna had stood as well and was pacing back and forth. "Could it be her, sister?" she asked.

"I can't be certain, but it would make sense." Celestia replied.

"Certain about what? Can it be who?" Twilight asked, confused. "What's going on, Princesses?"

"I suppose I should explain." Princess Celestia sighed.

~<3~

*drip* *drip* *drip* *drip*

Sweetie Belle woke up to the sound of water. The air smelled musty and all seemed cold. In the distance she could hear what sounded like constant thunder. Whatever she was laying on was soft, like the fluffiest blanket. However, it was thin and she could feel hard earth underneath it. She could hear somepony shifting around not far away, but they made no other sounds.

The filly opened her eyes. They fell upon a little spout that dripped water, like a leaky faucet. It stuck out of a wall of dirt, and upon looking around, Sweetie realized all the walls around her were made of dirt. She appeared to be in some sort of cave. She was behind iron bars, like a jail cell. Her cell was well lit with floating magic orbs of light near the ceiling, as was the rest of the cave. The only part she could see was a circular chamber around her with two other cells. She saw two sleeping fillies in the other ones; a yellow one and an orange one.

She stood to walk over to the bars and realized at that second that she was wearing something. She reached up and touched her neck. The magic collar was still on, but it felt... heavier? She twisted it around and looked at it. There was a light chain attached to it; so light that it barely tugged on the collar. Am I somepony's puppy now? she wondered. She tugged experimentally on the chain. It wouldn't come out of the wall. Despite the fact that it was light, it seemed very tough.

She looked down at her hooves. She was sitting upon a sort of blanket. It was dirty, but that was probably because she would have rolled around in sleep like she always does, causing the dirt from the floor to stick to it. It was made out of some wool material and looked like it was sewed perfectly. That's weird. she thought. I thought I was in some sort of evil lair, but it's lit up and I have a comfy blanket. You'd think they would be more cruel.

"Tammavarsa on hereillä!" a voice called out. Sweetie Belle's head snapped up, and she saw a shadow cast upon the wall. It was like the one from before; fangs poked out from its mouth and bat wings unfurled from its figure. It was just a shadow; there wasn't a pony like it in the room.

Another pony shadow appeared next to it, this one identical except it had a twisted horn instead of wings. "Täydellinen! Valta, tammavarsa on hereillä!" it called in the same language that Sweetie Belle couldn't understand.

A voice from some place that Sweetie Belle couldn't see answered, "Tiedät mitä tehdä, niin! Olen kiireinen ja palaan tarkistamaan hänen myöhemmin!"

"​​Kyllä, Valta!" the two shadows in the room called back. They exchanged a few words, then the bat-winged shadow turned his head to face Sweetie. Of course, he was a shadow so it did little to the filly's eyes. "Tarvitsetko jotain? Onko sinulla nälkä?"

Not completely sure how to respond, Sweetie Belle remained silent.

"Haloo? Kuuletko minua?"

"I'm sorry, but I understand what you're saying." Sweetie Belle told them.

The bat-winged shadow turned back to his friend. After a short discussion, he turned back to Sweetie Belle. "How about Equestrian? I would guess that's what you speak."

Sweetie Belle nodded."What are we doing here? Who are you?"

"Well, my name is Lapsi." the winged shadow told her. "And my friend here is Orja. You're here because... well, I don't know. It's a secret that only our boss, Valta, knows."

"Well, what are you?" Sweetie asked. She walked as far as the chain would allow.

"Shadows." Lapsi answered simply. "We are creatures from outside Equestria. We're very much like ponies, except... well, Shadows. I don't how to explain it any better."

Orja spoke up. "Oh, but as we were saying, do you need anything?"

Sweetie Belle blinked in confusion. So, her captors were asking if she needed anything? They wanted to make her happy? Well, this isn't like any stories I've read about ponynapping. Then her stomach growled.

"So, you are hungry?" Lapsi asked.

Sweetie nodded. She decided should milk the silliness of her captors as much as she could. "Do you have some pizza?"

Lapsi and Orja exchanged a look. "Umm... I'll go get some." Orja hopped up so his hooves weren't touching the ground, curled himself into a ball, and circular shadow ducked out of the room via floor. It looked almost as if an invisible pony had walked out. Sweetie thought she could hear a faint mutter of, "What in the world is pizza...?" before he disappeared.

"So, anything else?" Lapsi asked.

"Not until my friends wake up." Sweetie Belle shook her head. "But, how did he do that?"

"Oh, we can change our shape so we can disguise ourselves as normal shadows." Lapsi explained. "Like, if we were undercover and there was the shadow of another pony, we would take its shape so we wouldn't be detected."

"Cool!" Sweetie Belle grinned. "Please tell me more?"

~<3~

"What?!" Rainbow Dash's eyes widened when Twilight finished recounting to her what Celestia had said. Twilight, Celestia, and Luna were in a flying chariot headed for Ponyville and had met Rainbow Dash on the way there. Now Rainbow was flying alongside them, shocked as she heard what they said.

"Yes." Twilight nodded. She looked off into the distance, where she could see Ponyville's tallest buildings. "We'll land near Town Hall and we can save a lot of time and searching if you find the others and gather there to wait for us. Bring the Crusaders too."

Rainbow Dash nodded. "Rodger that!" and she swooped off.

"Princess, what are we going to do when we've gathered everypony and told them the truth?" Twilight asked, looking away from the quickly disappearing pegasus to her mentor.

"Well, there's only two choices." Celestia sighed. "Neither are very good. In fact, they're both terrible. But it's unavoidable; this was all caused by an ancient magic nopony has yet unraveled."

"Well, what are the two choices?"

"Death or death."

"Wait, what?" Twilight gasped. "You mean you don't have some big plan on how to fix this? But..." Realizing what this meant. Twilight went silent and stared at her hooves. There was a long silence, in which the only sound was the rushing wind and the beating of wings. Twilight thought she heard a whimper from Princess Luna, and couldn't blame her.

The chariot started to move downwards as Town Hall came into sight. Twilight looked up to check and see if Rainbow had gathered her friends and the Crusaders. Below, she saw a pink blob and a yellow blob. As the carriage moved closer and lower, she could see that they were Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, both bouncing around.

When the chariot was about five feet from the ground, Twilight hopped off. Her hooves hurt for a moment from the impact, but she ignored it and ran over to her friends. She could understand why Pinkie was bouncing, she was always bouncing, but why was Fluttershy? When both looked up and ran to meet her, Twilight saw the anxious looks on their faces.

So they were bouncing worriedly. "Did Rainbow Dash tell you?" Twilight asked, stopping right before she smacked into them.

"No, she said that you and the princesses were coming to tell us something important and to come to Town Hall." Fluttershy told her. Her hooves were twitching around nervously, as if she was too anxious to stand still. "Twilight, she looked so pale! What's going on?"

"I'll explain fully when everypony's here. Is Rainbow off trying to find the others?"

"Yes." Fluttershy nodded. She looked like she was on the edge of crying.

"But!" Pinkie cut in suddenly. "She told us to find Rarity 'cause we were close to the boutique and all! But when we got there..." she waved her hooves around erratically. "She was nowhere! Gone, she was GONE! We looked around town, Fluttershy even flew around to look for her, but we couldn't find her anywhere!"

"Did something bad happen? Did somepony take Rarity?" Fluttershy asked. "We can't lose a friend!"

"Calm down, I'm sure we'll find her." Twilight placed a hoof on Fluttershy's shoulder. "But did you find Sweetie Belle or any of the other fillies?"

Fluttershy shook her head. "When we didn't see them around town we thought they would be at Sweet Apple Acres, which is where Dashie is." Pinkie explained.

"Okay, we should just wait until Rainbow comes back. Maybe Rarity's at Sweet Apple Acres."

"Twilight, it's not that simple." Fluttershy said again. "Carousel Boutique was... ruined. L-like there was a struggle."

"Perhaps we should check her Boutique." Celestia spoke up. "Is it far?"

Twilight shook her head. "It's just down the street." She pointed.

"Then Twilight, Miss Shy, and I will go while Luna and Miss Pie stay here. If the others come please run to tell us and we'll come back."
~<3~

"Well." Twilight's eyes gazed all around the interior of Carousel Boutique's first floor. The whole place was a mess; fabric pieces laying about, ponnequins knocked over, dresses thrown over the floors, chests toppled over and their contents spewed all over, and more. "Something happened."

"Something big." Celestia agreed. Her eyes widened when she saw something fllicker inside, and when Twilight attempted to step forward into the room, she reached out a hoof and stopped her. "No, it may not be safe." The alicorn's eyes searched around the room. "Tell me, Twilight Sparkle would you exist if there was no light?"

"What?" Twilight raised an eyebrow. "Of course I would."

"But what about shadows? Do they exist if there is no light?"

"No, there needs to be light for something to cast a shadow."

"Exactly." Celestia reached into the room with her magic and closed all the blinds. It got darker with every window covered until she finally flicked off the light, leaving the only source of the light doorway. "But when you turn the light back on, the shadow comes back.

"So, basically, shadows are frozen, unable to move until there is light. So, if you were being followed by a shadow, you could just turn off the light and the shadow wouldn't be able to move."

"Being followed... by a shadow?" Fluttershy asked, peeking into the now dark boutique.

"But princess, how are we supposed to see if there's no light?" Twilight asked. Celestia stuck her head in the door, still looking for something. There was a short silence that seemed to stretch on forever until the princess pulled her head back out, horn glowing. She was holding three pairs of glasses. Her yellow magic sparked around them for a moment before she gave them to each pony.

"These will help us see." she explained.

Twilight took her pair in her magic and slid them on her face. Instantly everything in the dark room ahead seemed to turn green. It wasn't particularly easy to see, but it was better than darkness. "A simple night vision spell." she said under her breath.

"Also an Object Communication spell." Celestia added. She pushed Twilight and Fluttershy into the darknes, closing the door behind them. "If one of us finds something important, it will tell the other glasses. It's in case we have to split up and go to other rooms."

"I'm confused." Fluttershy said softly, eyes 'derped'.

"Just search for clues." Twilight told her, unaffected by this strange turn of events. She still had other things on her mind. She glanced at Celestia quickly before trotting off to search one side of the room.

Author's Note:

The show's canon has completely ruined this by making Twilight an alicorn and just spitting into the face of the whole alicorn curse thing I was working on. Buck my life. >:(

Comments ( 26 )

I know I was going to do a FIM, Harry potter cross over, but than twilacorn shows up and is all like "Nope!" WE CAN'T WIN
:raritydespair:

Yo auther, I got something to say to you!

"I'm sorry, but I understand what you're saying." Sweetie Belle told them.

I'm sorry because there is something wrong with understanding things. :derpytongue2:

i completely forgot all about this story, glad for the update

For this story, fuck canon, continue writing the story. Season 4 hasn't been released yet, for all we know there is a miniscule chance that Twilight's aliconication was a fluke and that Twilight has to choose whether to stay an alicorn or become a unicorn again.

I just discovered this story and have enjoyed it so far. Don't worry about canon. Write your story how you wish, and don't feel the need to change things because something in the show eventually said something different. All fanfics are pretty much "what if?" scenarios, so just go with it.

When Celestis said "Death or death." To whom was she referring to?
Every pony in Equestria?

Yo this is good! Keep up the good work and, for Celestia's sake, please continue on this story even if Twi's an alicorn now, 'kay? Buck canon! This is awesome!

You could always ignore the show canon and do whatever the heck you want! It's your story, do with it as you want.

Maybe Sweetie is the shadow pony queen?

hay this is a great story please keep it coming cant wait for the next one. :twilightsmile::eeyup::yay:

I really don't understand why everyone is so concerned about canon. If you have a vision you want to express then do so. I've read so many fics over the years (wrote a few too) that blatantly defied what was canon for the series. Several I thought were better than the original works they were derived from. So follow what you envision and don't worry about what might happen in future episodes. :pinkiehappy:

Wait, no comedy tag?

Oooh, I'm so following this. :rainbowdetermined2:

It ruined nothing, still the whole Death or Death thing sounds very DARK. Unless they are not talking about Sweetie Belle. I don't see how you can joke about that being the princess.

( •_•)
Looks Like Things...
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Just got a whole lot darker...
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!:rainbowdetermined2:

Alicron CURSE?!

That sucks dude.

damn finnish shadows lol still i say ignore the fucking last episode and continue with your own story

meh

i agree, just continue

2444651
Didn't sound like a joke. Sounds like an interesting premise. I don't think they were implying it as a choice; more of a "one of these two things is going to happen, we don't have any way around it".

You can just pretend that the last episode never happened, so twilight never became an alicorn

so basicly she just turned those glasses into a heads up display w/ night vision.

just wondering.. are you still working on te story?

The show's canon has completely ruined this by making Twilight an alicorn and just spitting into the face of the whole alicorn curse thing I was working on. Buck my life. >:(

Fuck the show and finish your great story!

I have been waiting for this story for TWO YEARS and it haven't even updated.At all.

you can still continue this story, just put it under an alternate universe tag.

Going to throw my vote in on the "please continue despite canon" side... and yes, I realize it has been years.

It's been a while now.

Login or register to comment