• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 1,072 Views, 37 Comments

Twilight's Canterlot: RotE Episode 6 - Dream Volt



Twilight takes her friends on a tour of Canterlot. Then something drastic happens.

  • ...
2
 37
 1,072

Author's Notes

First, a quick listing of how the Discorded chapter names should read

Laugh on the wind
Stained Glass and Rules
Twilight, Rarity, and Tom
Flutterwrath and Downer Pie
Moonfire shows up (or something. Honestly I just threw two random words in there with her name)
Fight for my friends
Rarity's loyalty
Dash's honesty and stuff
AJ's loyalty and Rarity's awesomeness
Fluttershy's laughter and a fools defeat


Questions and Answers is long and sorta off. I may rewrite it, but I really want to get the last of the first 6 episodes up, so for now, it stays.

From the moment discord shows up if you haven't seen the two episodes in question you would be really confused, but I figure that's really unlikely. Especially if you're actually reading this. So anything I didn't retell happened about the same.

My greatest regret about this story is Twilight didn't have any good opportunities to be snarky. Maybe next time. Also, I think I got at least your daily recomended dose of adorkability in there.

Comments ( 6 )

1463782 Once again it's not a a matter of a spellchecker, but the words a spellchecker can't catch. Also who knew Shinny was a word?

On the other hoof I can't believe I got it wrong every, single, time. :facehoof: Hopefully I got all of them.

1463880 :twilightsmile: It's OK. Typos happen to everypony once in a while--you just have to either be alert when you're reading back over your chapters, or have someone else who can be.

1466680

Could be a reference to the S3 opener "The Crystal Empire". I get the impression that Celestia sent the Six up there as her official Troubleshooters to solve the problem for her. It was this new responsibility (as one of the Princesses' champions) that gets Twilight so nervous that she will sing "I Never Expected This". She knows how to be a student; now she's being asked to be an ambassador, a knight and a superhero.

FWIW, I suspect that a major thread of S3 will be the switch from "Slice of Life" to "Adventure" in FiM's stories. The Six have now emerged as major heroes of Equestria and with that position comes responsibilities, duties and expectations. I wonder if we'll get at least one focus episode on each of them addressing how they view their new very public positions.

A great ride! Thanks for sharing and for all your work (which must have been exhausting) creating the coherent theoretical underpinning for all of the Elements' powers and natures.

Here's looking forward to Episode Seven!

(Darn, I wish I could up-thumb this more than once...)

Now to go back and thumbs up all the stories I read earlier while not logged in

5986895 The pony version of an OC created well before Pony. I had to introduce her at some point and really wanted her to meet Discord at his worst, but the story isn't about her so kept it rather short. It's pretty indulgent really, but I did it anyway.

Login or register to comment