• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 1,072 Views, 37 Comments

Twilight's Canterlot: RotE Episode 6 - Dream Volt



Twilight takes her friends on a tour of Canterlot. Then something drastic happens.

  • ...
2
 37
 1,072

Hat throttle

Pinkie had been berating the shocked stallion in French for nearly ten minutes. Not a single personal attack, but still very harsh criticisms on just about everything about the place. I was reasonably certain she hadn't stopped to take a breath, but I was eating my own little ice cream delicacy so couldn’t keep my eyes focused on her. Based on the way Rarity cringed on every single insult, she was fluent as well. Dash and Fluttershy occasionally cringed, but I think it was clear they knew limited French. It was odd to think only AJ didn't know the language at all. Though obviously she would be the least likely to be interested in the wider world.

"Uh, Twi, is she really giving him a talking down like ah think?"

"Of course" said Rarity "And a surprisingly thorough one at that. To think, all this time she was the prodigy of a world famous chef."

"Why exactly did ya not know that? Ah mean Ah still don't get why that mare is such a big deal, but I've known that ever since Pinkie came to stay in Ponyville."

"Yea. Ya know she traveled the whole world." Said Dash "I mean her stories aren't half as awesome as my mom's, but they do tend to be funnier."

Pinkie glared down at the cowering stallion, who wouldn't meet her eyes. Then she turned and stomped off. She made those inexplicable little squeaking noises as she came over to us. She looked around the table, then smiled.

"You're all done, so we can leave. Whoo!"

"Uh, Pinkie considering…"

"What, I tasted the food. It's plenty good, it's just the Madame would have hat throttled the lot of these ponies for using her name like this. It's just not up to her standards."

"Hat throttle?" said AJ

Dash laughed. "I think she means she would take off her hat and hit ponies with it. This teacher of yours sounds kinda cool."

"Oh she is, we totally should all go see her one day."

"Maybe Pinkie, but we should probably focus on where to go next."

"Okie doki loki." Then Pinkie looked at me, face neutral. "But I really need to send the Madame a letter. She can't possibly know about this."

"Sugarcube, ah don't think ah've ever seen you like this."

"Huh, what you mean? I'm always like this."

"Ah mean so serious and the like."

Pinkie smiled. "Oh, silly AJ, I'm always serious." Then she laughed.

Applejack raised an eyebrow. I wasn't sure if that was on purpose or not, and Pinkie's normal blissful smile returning to her face only confused the issue. Nopony else said anything so I decided to follow suit.

"So, everypony did enjoy the food right?" I asked

Even Pinkie nodded.

"Okay, so I was thinking our next stop is the Canterlot History Museum. Now Dash I know what you're going to say but…"

The whoop and smile suggested I really didn't know what Dash was going to say at all. "Oh yea" a moment later was certainly not a reaction I'd ever hear coming from Dash of all ponies. This would be interesting I'm sure.