• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 1,073 Views, 37 Comments

Twilight's Canterlot: RotE Episode 6 - Dream Volt



Twilight takes her friends on a tour of Canterlot. Then something drastic happens.

  • ...
2
 37
 1,073

Glass and Stained Rules

"Thanks Princess, we won't let you down."

We were halfway down the hallway when I heard Discord laugh. I didn't stop, ignoring it. Then I suddenly heard him let out a strange yelp. I turned around to see what was going on, but didn't see anything. I also realized that included something I should be seeing. I sighed.

"Where's Pinkie?"

"Huh, ah dunno Twi, she was right behind me."

"She was, uh, in front of me." Uttered Fluttershy "At least at first."

"Stop that. How are you even doing this?"

I then turned to see Discord in one of the stained glass windows. Pinkie Pie was wrapped around his leg. She then licked his hand when he reached for her. I guess she really was in the mirror that one time. Part of me really wanted to freak out right now, but I just didn't have the time. I briefly activated my mage sight, but the result was little more than a headache and dizziness. It only makes sense Discord is fond of pure chaos magic. With him around there is no point in trying to analyze anything.

"Oh my. Are you alright Twilight?"

"Ooo, that hand tasted like butternut squash. It's so cool girls, each part tastes different."

"Pinkie, ah can think of at ten things wrong with what you're doing right now, and if ya give me a bit more time ah'm sure ah could think of more."

"Yes, and we really don't have time for this sort of thing darling."

I nodded in agreement. Discord was continuing to try and grab Pinkie, but failed. She would stop when in reach of each body part, give it a lick and continue. I couldn’t hear her that well but she would say something each time after she licked him. Probably the flavor. Then she stuck out her tongue and let out a protracted "EWWWWW" Discord finally caught her at this point, grabbing her in his clawed hand and holding her out some distance from himself.

"Not that I don't love the sheer randomness of your actions my dear, but as your king I simply can't have you treating me in such a manner."

"You sure as hay ain't mah king."

"And you're not mine either." Added Dash

"Ah, but that's where you're wrong. Weren't you listening? I used to rule, and then the celestial brats turned me to stone. I was and will always be lord of the land. We just have to wrap up a few details first."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked

"Oh you just never stop thinking do you? Can't you just give it a rest? It's not like it ever got you any friends. In the end Celestia had to hand you a few on a silver platter before you even had a chance."

Pinkie frowned. "Hey, that's not very nice."

"Yes, well neither is this."

He then threw Pinkie as hard as he could. She sailed though four windows, but when she hit the edge of the fifth, she bounced, then seemed to begin receding into the distance. Then she knocked over a statue outside that just happened to be where it had appeared the stained glass Pinkie had been a moment earlier. I think everyone, even Discord, was staring.

"Wow, I may have to rethink my long terms plans just bit. I mean that right there was some truly high quality chaos."

"Come on everypony, Pinkie might need our help."

"With how she's been lately ah doubt it sugarcube, but we should probably get going anyway. We need to get this done lickety split."

Dash then face hooved. "Duh. I mean we need all six of us together to use em, but I can just zip off right now, grab them all and Pinkie, and be back before you can blink."

Dash was then off in a flash. Discord snapped his fingers and suddenly something felt wrong. I then noticed Fluttershy's wings were just, gone. Rarity and Applejack looked the same, but I then reached up to feel around for my horn.

"Ahhhh. It's gone. It's gone."

"M-m-m-m-m-my wings."

"Losing your touch Discord?"

Celestia had walked up to us, and Discord was frowning. Celestia had a huge grin on her face. I was still trotting in place randomly but managed to stop when I heard her voice. Must remain calm.

"Just making things a bit more interesting. Now I'll pass this on to your wayward friends, but there are some rules to our little game. No magic. No Flying, and everypony plays, or I win. Now excuse me, I have a pegasus' wings to tie down."

With a flash he was gone. Something about the little speech sounded off. Like he had practiced it, but said it far too fast. I should know. I once got so nervous I gave a thirty minute speech in seven. That was not one of my better moments. Celestia was smiling broadly.

"Princess, what's going on?"

"Discord's magic failed him. It has never been entirely under his control, but there is no doubt he meant to remove both your horns and he did fail to remove Dash's wings."

"Oh. Well that's excellent news but…" I began

"I'm afraid you will have to play his game his way Twilight."

"Uh, Princess, ah don't mean to be rude, but seems to me like you could be a big help to us. Why don't you just come along."

"Because I can do nothing to truly stop him. Even with Luna helping we can only slow him down. Now I must be off. Discord himself may be here, but his mischief is all over the kingdom. Farewell my little ponies."

Then with a flash she was gone. This was worse than the poison joke. Not having a horn scared me like nothing else, but I had to lead. The elements were in the maze somewhere and we had to find them.