• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 1,073 Views, 37 Comments

Twilight's Canterlot: RotE Episode 6 - Dream Volt



Twilight takes her friends on a tour of Canterlot. Then something drastic happens.

  • ...
2
 37
 1,073

Everything's okay, right?

I think I was less dizzy this time. I know I didn't pass out, but the last few minutes were a blur. Slowly the magic of the rainbow faded. This revealed Discord standing there blinking, and three familiar fillies that looked like they were still chewing something. I guess the crusaders might just be crazy enough to eat the mess of cotton candy covering the street. Other than Discord everything seemed to be back to normal. Discord then laughed.

"Oh so close. I was sure you got me for a second there, and you certainly cleared up all my lovely chaos, but I can start again. Now, where to start."

"Oh come on, after all that, it didn't work?" said AJ

"It sure felt like it did." Said Dash

"Yea, it was all wibbly sibbly woobly, just like last time."

"Uh, I really want to panic now. Are you girls sure I can't panic?"

"Please don't tell me he's going to change the road to that tacky pattern again?"

"Ah, I know. I'll turn the lot of you into some random animals. Specifically some that can't all survive in the same environment. Some octopi, an elemental fire salamander, some birds and a space cow will do I think."

"Ooo, what's a space cow?"

I sighed. "We failed."

Then he snapped his fingers and almost nothing happened. Pinkie did turn into a pink octopus, but the rest of us stayed the same. He then snapped his fingers again, and again, and then he did the same and pointed at me specifically. For some reason it was only then I realized my horn was back where it belonged. I absolutely had to do more study into casting with hooves, but I was ecstatic to have my horn back.

"It's gone? It's all gone? How? What did you do? Why?"

"I am curious too my little Ponies."

"SO ARE WE DEAR SISTER."

We all turned to see the royal sisters behind us, and bowed as they made their way over to Discord. He began quickly looking to the left and right. I smiled brightly. This certainly hadn't been what I expected, but it was clear enough. We did it. Discord was powerless now, no threat to anypony. I couldn't hold it in any longer and began hopping in place giggling. My horn back and against all odds we did it.

"Really Twilight, we are in the presence of royalty."

I instantly stopped, then bowed again. "I'm sorry princesses. I should have…"

"Neigh thee mind Twilight. There is only one here that deserves our wrath."

"You still can't kill me. I don't know what you did to my power, but I know that isn't gone. Also I know my powers aren't entirely out of reach."

Then with a snap of his fingers he was gone, and in the next moment had picked me up. I instantly teleported out of his grip. I noticed the crusaders were now hiding behind Luna. Celestia trotted up to Discord glaring the whole way. Luna's glare held even more anger than her sister's did.

"Sister, you see the same thing I do correct?" said Luna

"Yes Sunny, there is no doubt. His magic has been somehow sealed. I cannot tell where or how but there is no doubt he is no longer the one that controls his power, even though it remains within him."

"I am not completely powerless."

"Yes, thou has access to any spells you actually know much like any other mage. You are also fairly powerful, but thou are also far less powerful than Twilight Sparkle, and without a doubt weaker than us."

"Your reign of terror is over Discord, though in an unexpected way. My little ponies, what do you think of Discord?"

"I think he's like super fun, but he's a big meanie and shouldn’t have so much power. I was also thinking how we made Luna all better and maybe we could do the same thing again with Discord."

"It just seemed so mean to turn him to stone."

"Well, truth be told ah was rooting for turning him to stone. He ain't shown he got a lick o compassion, and it sounds ta me like he never did."

"He's a jerk that needed a beatdown, and we did that." Dash then punched the air with her front hooves a few times. "Oh yea, we beatdown a god. We are so awesome."

"I just thought about how he needed to be stopped. Well I was curious about his magic, but you don't think that affected anything, do you?"

"Luna, what do you think?

"I think being under the influence of the full power of the element of magic might be enough to analyze his magic, and do this. Though now that I look, the way his magic is sealed is not so simple as I thought, though that teleport of his is."

"Well I think I've heard all I need to know, so I'll just be going. I do hope you mind."

Then with a snap of his fingers he was gone. Luna and Celestia both sighed. The elements wouldn't let him roam free if he was still a danger, would they?

"Is it safe yet?" asked Applebloom

Scootaloo ran out from behind Luna. "Of course it's safe. Dash and the rest whupped him just like Nightmare Moon." Then she cringed and looked to Luna. "Sorry."

"We do not mind little one. As the Nightmare we deserved what we got and far worse."

"So it's really safe now?" asked Sweetie Belle

"Yes." Said Celestia "Though Discord will no doubt attempt to cause more chaos, he is no more capable than any other unicorn."

"You mean any other unkillable crazy unicorn who probably knows about all sorts of ancient nasty magic junk." Said Dash

Luna and Celestia sighed.

"We were aware of this." Said Luna "The elements have chosen this path, and we must walk it."

"Come Luna, we have preparations to make. I will see you all soon."

Then the princesses were gone. Applejack immediately marched up to Applebloom with a glare on her face, and Rarity did much the same to Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo then smiled.

"It's times like this I'm really glad my parents have no idea what I'm doing."

"Now why in the sam hill were you anywhere near Discord."

"There's a hill named Sam? That's a weird name." Pinkie then giggled

"And Sweetie Belle, I expected better of you."

"But we weren't even near Discord. We were just trying ta be cutie mark crusader cotton candy cloud wranglers."

"We kinda got stuck though."

"Yea, in retrospect that would be a pretty weird talent." Said Scootaloo

"But then suddenly we were in some huge mess and Discord was right there, and we tried our best to hide under the cotton candy."

"It was way tastier than tree sap." Said Scootaloo. "I'm sure we would have got ourselves free of that cloud if Discord hadn't done…" she paused. "Uh, whatever he did."

"Ah see." Applejack then turned to glare at Pinkie

"So you put my darling little sister in danger?" Rarity then joined AJ in glaring

"I didn't mean to. I mean Discord was chasing me down and I saw you girls were in trouble and Fluttershy was all frowny face so I had to do something. I didn't know there was a cotton candy cloud of crouching cutie mark crusaders."

Then Pinkie yelped, and began running around in a circle. She was shouting a garbled "My Tongue" over and over again is several variations. She then skid to a stop in front of me and stuck out her tongue. There was a literal knot in it.

"Hep me Twiwight. I'm tong thied."

I sighed and without bothering to try to figure out how she did it or if it was even possible, undid the knot. Then suddenly a horrible thought came to mind.

"Discord's power had to go somewhere." I said

"Right sugarcube. That makes sense even ta me."

"Well I just thought if I were the elements and needed to put nigh unlimited chaos magic I know what the first place that would come to mind is."

Everypony then took several steps away from Pinkie. She looked around, then scratched her head with one hoof.

"Huh? I don't get it."