• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 1,073 Views, 37 Comments

Twilight's Canterlot: RotE Episode 6 - Dream Volt



Twilight takes her friends on a tour of Canterlot. Then something drastic happens.

  • ...
2
 37
 1,073

Fluttershy's laughter, a and fool's defeat

A few things came to mind. First Fluttershy is actually very bad at being mean. Second she still had us all trapped in enormous vines, that she had clearly made sprout out of the middle of Mane Street. Also she was trying and with this much power she could do a great deal of damage, and eventually might. Rarity then screamed out in mortal terror. While spitting into ponies ears was mean, considering what Fluttershy could be doing this was still pretty silly. I once again struggled to break free.

"And this is why you're going to have to remind me about the thing with the parasprites a lot. It's not fun but come on, it's not that big of a deal."

"Not that bad? It's utterly disgusting, and I still can't believe Fluttershy of all ponies would do such a thing."

"Ya can't? He got you obsessed over something ya can make with a spell."

"That is not the same thing at all."

I sighed. "Actually all of your personalities were altered somewhat. While AJ's example isn't the best…"

"Now you just hold on right there Twi."

"Confusion and personality changes aren't the same thing. However in the end, we're all missing the point."

"Hah."

Rarity the screamed again, Fluttershy dumping garbage in a bucket on her. There had been a few other ponies here at first, but the vines seemed to loosen when Fluttershy lost interest, so they got away. We had all tried talking to Fluttershy, but so far nothing had worked. I think her color was a little brighter than when she caught us, but I wasn't sure. I was out of ideas.

"Super. Ultra." Pinkie was yelling form somewhere, but I couldn’t see her. "Hyper. Mega. Sugary. Hyper. Ultimate. Party. Hug boom blast."

Then a pink blur collided with Fluttershy and there was a suddenly explosion of glitter, balloons, confetti, streamers, and most of all cotton candy. I then realized at least the last I might actually have an explanation for. Not what or how exactly she moved the cotton candy clouds into place, but at least where that one element had come from. Then I heard Fluttershy laugh.

"Stop it Pinkie, you know I'm ticklish there."

"Nuh uh."

Fluttershy laughed again. "Not there too. It's not fair you know me so well."

"But I do. For example. Do you know why the chicken crossed the road."

Fluttershy laughed again. "Why?"

"Because it wanted a hug silly."

Fluttershy broke into uproarious laughter. That isn't funny. Why would Fluttershy think it's funny? I wiped the cotton candy on my face off without thinking about it and realized the vines were gone or at least I had come loose. What I saw was a fully colored Fluttershy in the middle of a pink sea of cotton candy, party favors scattered about randomly. My friends were all free, albeit mostly covered in cotton candy. Unfortunately Discord was glowering down at us all.

"Oh, now I get it." I said "It's an inside joke. So only Fluttershy would get it."

"Oh my, what have I been doing?"

Pinkie patted her head. "Don't you worry about that none Flutters."

"Okay come on lets use the elements and…" Dash's face then fell. "Uh, Twilight, do you know where the elements are, because I don't."

"Oh that would be me." Then Discord laughed. "I decided it might be best to banish them to the far corners of the world, just to be safe. I wasn't going to do it, but then I decided, eh, why not, they're tacky anyway."

"Twilight, what do we do now?"

The girls had come over to my position, and all were looking to me with expectant glances. I could do this. I had to. The elements of harmony are the most powerful artifacts in this world and connected to us. Where the bulk of the power truly resided was under some debate, but Celestia and Luna agreed they were connected to us, and at least for now we needed them. Then I had it.

"I know what to do." Then I sighed. "I just really doubt I'm going to be able to do it."

"What ya mean Twi?"

"I mean I am still missing a horn and I have to cast a spell I've never actually cast before, use it in a way it isn't designed, and do so only with my hooves, which I've never managed in my entire life."

"Didn't ya say watching me helped ya?"

"Were you lying about my martial arts lessons helping?" Fluttershy looked down. "It's okay, I'll try harder next time."

"No Fluttershy, it was fine. Both helped, but I don't think it's enough."

"So what." Said Dash. "The sonic rainboom was supposed to be impossible, but I did it anyway. You're not quite as awesome as me, but magic for you is like flying is for me. You can do it."

"I believe in you." Said Fluttershy

"There is nothing you can't do with magic darling. So just get a move on and dazzle us."

Pinkie hopped in one place. "Ooo I bet it will be super flashy and cool. Come on, do it. Do it now. Now now now now now…" Pinkie continued repeating "Now."

"You can do this Twi. You may doubt yerself, but ah don't."

"Thank you girls."

"Aww, how touching. Still, it's utterly pointless. Do you have any idea the kind of power you'd need to pull of any spell that could possibly bring them here? That doesn't even bring into question the ability."

I closed my eyes and concentrated. I think the girls were saying something to Discord but I put everything else out of my mind. This time it worked. This time the world stilled and I could feel the pulse of magic that reverberated though the ground, and though me. The way Fluttershy described Ki was a little too unscientific for my tastes, but the idea was clear enough. Internal energy flowing through your body.

I don't know if it was because I lacked a horn, or something else entirely. But that didn't matter. I tapped one hoof on the ground and the first part of the spell took hold. I opened my eyes to perceive the bright glowing auras of my friends around me and ignored the mess of chaotic lights that was Discord. I could see threads matching the color of each gem leading from us to far off points.

"I know you've restored some of them. If it wasn't for the disturbance that horrible order pony I wouldn't have been paying any attention at all, but I am. You think they're all better don't you, but I know the truth. They can't be."

"What in tarnation are you talking about you varmint?"

"I mean my dear liar, that there is simply no way six normal ponies could ever truly overcome my magic. That you're working together at all again is impressive, but it won't be enough to use the elements. If you can even retrieve them."

Then he laughed. Time to give this a try. This spell is designed to bring back small lost items around the house. It also isn't an earth spell. Yet I'm going to try to make it work anyway, on items that could be anywhere. I brought up my front right hoof, and focused, and stomped it down. There was a flash that rippled across the ground, and then the elements popped out of the ground like somepony had thrown them out of an unseen hole. Discord and I both just stared for a while at the elements. I really did not think that was going to work.

"Uh Twi, we should probably get this show on the road, fore he does something else."

"Oh, yes."

"Here darling. Let me."

Rarity quickly had the elements on our necks and in my case on my head. I put up a shield, but it felt oddly warped. Not in a bad way, more like I added some extra feature to my brother's spell without thinking of it. The ground below us looked normal. Discord held out a claw, but if he was expecting something to happen it sure didn't.

"Okay, yes that was certainly something, but you still can't possibly…"