• Published 22nd May 2024
  • 166 Views, 0 Comments

The King and The Great and Powerful - SparklingTwilight



King Sombra prevailed in Starlight's alternative timeline. But, he was challenged by a blue magician pony whose magic he had taken away.

  • ...
0
 0
 166

Epilogue


"This time was really risky," Trixie said. "We probably should stop traveling to alternative timeline Equestrias.... Something could go terribly wrong."

Starlight Glimmer clapped her hooves, then she hugged Trixie. "I understand. I know. I really do. You don't have to help with my penance even though these alternative timelines from when I fought Twilight Sparkle persisted and even though their populaces are suffering. It's my mess. Although, I would like it if you continue to accompany me. It's so thrilling when you save the day." Starlight Glimmer squeezed Trixie's forelegs. "I felt so close to you after you defeated Sombra and Chrysalis."

Trixie swallowed. "Of course, I did pledge to be your Great and Powerful friend..."

Starlight Glimmer nuzzled Trixie.

"Trixie supposes it is fine." Trixie nuzzled back, regaining her composure and her artifice. "What timeline are we going to next?"

Starlight Glimmer produced some breathing masks out of somewhere--Trixie tried not to think too much about how to replicate whatever strange magic Starlight unexpectedly produced from time-to-time, since much of Starlight's skill was beyond Trixie's meager capabilities in manipulating true magic. Trixie's strength was, of course, in stage magic, which required sleight-of-hoof.

"I'd like to see what you do against the Smooze," Starlight beamed.

"The what?"

"A puddle of sticky gelatin. We'll take it on together. Get all greased up," Starlight hugged Trixie, panting heavily. "It's said that its gel acts as an aphrodisiac."

"Why is that important?"

"No reason," Starlight Glimmer, giggling behind her grin, held her best friend tight. "I'm so excited we can do this together. I wouldn't want to do this with any pony other than you. And I feel even closer to you when you're being so Great and Powerful."

Trixie frowned. "... Have these trips been dates?"

"Oh," Starlight Glimmer said. "Well," she tensed. "They could be. I suppose. In the sense of dates to happen. In the calendar sense, one knows."

"Oh," Trixie's eyes went wide. "For a moment, Trixie thought you were implying these alternative dimension excursions were dates with you. But they could not be since we did not spend time together. Although, you did watch Trixie's conquests. Did you mean these were dates to set Trixie up with ponies, like King Sombra? He was evil, Starlight. Anything could have happened."

"I... didn't know he would take matters so intensely. I thought he'd be distracted. By the magic. Not you. Archives revealed his fondness for performances. And, your show is quite fascinating."

"I know," Trixie said, letting her stage persona drop. "I really, really, like it when a true connoisseur enjoys the fruits of Trixie's labor."

Starlight licked her lips. "I was nearby, watching--in case something went wrong. Of course, maybe you might have liked him, but if not, then there are other--"

"I did."

"Oh," Starlight Glimmer's eyes went wide and she nearly choked on some swallowed spit. "You like stallions?"

"Trixie supposes she must. Possibly." Trixie looked away. "Let's not talk about it."

"Oh."

"When--when are we to deal with this Smooze?"

"Do you like me?"

"Of course Trixie likes her best friend."

"The same way you liked King--oh, fiddlesticks. Never mind."

"What?"

"Let's make a date for next week."

fin

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment