• Published 3rd Jan 2024
  • 633 Views, 45 Comments

Observations - BaeroRemedy



You hold in your hooves an ancient journal. Its green cloth cover has a single word written in eloquent cursive: 'Observations'

  • ...
3
 45
 633

Zekizfet

Author's Note:

There are pieces of loose paper in front of the final page of the journal. They are obviously written by Starswirl, but the pages look newer than those of the journal itself.

Nit Celusastisina Celuleunelnen,

Kai ep epti rika ep gentan. Kai ep eptielis ep erga ep gentan. Ep gelef ka ko foristi ka Cer palved ke ekep ortamfet lekil takaved. Ep gelef ka ep ortamfet pep strek nawe. Nitan epep foristan strek, nitan epez dest.

Ortam ebti deufet, nit kapetan ismertan.

Ke epez medenved, epez wotrakdun. Ep agelenved. Ez nit polosam godadun et streklasam godagodam kumaved. Anselipne epez, min gelef ep vitan ez godagodam.

Fetnenelis ep deufet. Aletitan veg epti strek. Ka Stygian fatanti nawenawefet deu ep gan. Nit ep primam pep epti gan. Ke ez anselipve strekfet, foristan fatan ep ganfet. Hiritan eb sapil, hiri ire ez nawefet.

Fetelis eunel - yetan, fetelis ASTISTAN - regenfet ko streklasam aldam nit deunen deu. Alotiam nit averlen faberlen nawenawe. EZ ezti fetelis. Ez nawedun nit vetik regen naweti ka ep erstrek per petra ire faden.

Epez gelefdun. El diganam el totumam ep epti, mintan veg pep kardulen. Iltan epez vetik nawenenved. Iltan epez et epek Ekestrianen godagoda nawenenved. El diganam el totumam ep epti nawenen.

Ep epti kizelis eradenradenfet et ep mir ka mirlen ismerti ka ek kapet. Ep tazmir ka ezti obrekfet. Ep zat ka ezti epti rakinelisen nawedun deu et el soltantiam ep faberved.

Nitanam polostan Skaros naweduntan gentan. Nitanam polostan ka ektielis naweduntan ismertan.

Ebti ismertiam gaduram pep ka nit ismer taka zugen lezil. Ezti hokelisen pep deufet ep foristan deutan, et epep foristan vapertan ezti. Ezti eztielis deu.

Ep follasdun.

Hiri ez epti ismertiam faden, hiri hallentan. Epez taka enerti agati. Ezil ko epkres ep kapetanfet. Epezil liuf.

-Starswirl the Bearded

Comments ( 9 )

A great little story, and an even greater worldbuilding project. Always a fun read, Remedy and co.

May have to use this language myself at some point.

In the meantime, I'm going to go lose my mind trying to decipher this.

I ain't even gonna try to translate this.

Fun fact! The original English text was about 500 words, and this is roughly half that. Get squished, mouth sounds.

11794881
I am so, so down to teach people the method behind the madness >:D

I would love to know...but I just don't have the gift to comprehend like some do. Wish I did, but it goes over my head. C'est la vie. That said, this has made me wish my school had taught Latin.

11794892
Pm me when you successfully do translated it

I hope someone has the translation and can pm me it I’ve been obsessing over this for weeks but I just can’t do it, if the author could send me a translation or someone. This has been driving me crazy. And I just can’t dedicate anymore focus to it cause I’m in the hospital and very sick. Hope someone translates it!

The following is a word-for-word "gloss" translation, stripped of conveniences such as interpretation and localization. Please to enjoy :3

Both Celestia Luna,

Why I this write I know not.
Why I this place return I know not.
I believe like the force that Cer felt when she told me to take her final words.
I believe that I the next words of mine I speak need.
Either I to myself must speak, or I give them to you.
Words these I will leave, both had-not and remembered-not.
When I to you for the first time met, I you very misregarded.
I was wrong.
You both excellent ponies and great leaders become.
I to you hope to help, but believe without me you would be amazing.
Small future, I will be gone.
Another-not manner this say.
That Stygian-stopping will require death I know.
Both I and friends of mine this know.
When you wanted to help, allow-not give-up-not I knew.
In the unlikely event that we fail, Ire – the world – will you-need.
In the future, nights – no, in the future, DARKNESS – will reign while heroes old both wither and die.
New ones born both born and forged require.
YOU those ones in the future.
You must both exceed and rule desire as I have always said to fair world find.
I to you have absolute faith.
All hours all years I this, despite way thorny mine.
Only I to you exceed wanted.
Only I to you and I to Equestria-little the best wanted.
All hours all years I this want.
I this book read over and over and I smile what happy memory that it has.
I joyful that they happened.
I sad that these this-dungeon-in must lie with all dangers I made.
No-not pony-not must-not Skaros know-not.
No-not pony-not what that place must-not remember-not.
These memories-togethers of mine that both remember and teach language of you.
They tall-place-in mine will leave I allow-not-leave-not and I to myself allow-not destroy-not these.
These this-place-in remain.
I very foolish.
If, however doubtfully, you these memories find, then to you I might say goodbye.
I to you teach honor of a lifetime.
You and your promises as child I had-not. I to you and your promises love.

-Starswirl the Bearded

Login or register to comment