• Published 4th Oct 2012
  • 2,862 Views, 144 Comments

Arranged happiness - cealdra



Sometimes bad things can have nice results in the end. A TwiShy tale

  • ...
20
 144
 2,862

chapter 7

Several weeks passed after the unveiling, and life had finally started to regain its peacefulness down in Ponyville. For the past few weeks all of the avatars had been absolutely swarmed by the media.

Some of them handled the attention better then others, and some of them managed to get the paparazzi to get their work done swifter. Granny Smith sure was happy when she saw all those free farmhands running around Sweet Apple Acres, thanks to some swift thinking they had had more cider then ever before. Enough to make the first day of Cider Season one hell of a success.

But right now autumn had been starting to set in with all of its rainy weather in tow. With only a few more months to go the two mares had been in the library for almost the entire evening drawing up a plan for their 'big day' up until the late hours of the night. At first everything had been made fun off, but right now they were kind off mad at themselves for declining Pinkie Pie's offer to arrange it all.

Poor Spike had been sent out on several occasions to fetch more writing supplies. But finally after many schedules, ideas and even more checklists had been made and crossed off, they had finally managed to create a overall idea of how they wished it.

They both had settled on making it a rather small and homey wedding, but deep down inside they both knew that was very unlikely to happen and thus they had drawn up backup plans for the event should they receive unplanned or unwelcome guests.

But right now they were finally relaxing in front of the library`s cozy fireplace. Fluttershy had already taken her place in front of the fire while Twilight went on to refill the drinks. As she returned she was treated by a lovely sight. Fluttershy had curled up on her pillow and was softly snoozing. A smile came to her face from seeing it, and she could not help but think to herself on how adorable the pegasus actually was.

Over the past few weeks which they had begun seeing each other more regularly Twilight had caught herself actually looking forward to see the other mare again. She could not quite place it, but the mere presence of the kindhearted mare relaxed her. And right now seeing her sleeping so peacefully, after all the time discussing and planning the situation forced upon them, brought a smile to her face. And amongst it a strange desire to step up to the sleeping form and just lay down next to the sleeping form and join the other mare in the land of dreams.

Shaking off the thoughts Twilight softly stepped towards the fire and set herself down on the other pillow.

Sitting there sipping her cider Twilight looked at the sleeping form besides her, in the light of the dancing flames she could clearly see why Fluttershy had been so successful as a model. Her body seemed to possess no real flaw, all was in perfect symmetry and seemed to scream graceful. A rather cute face with a long well kept mane. Combining that with curves at all the right places one could easily understand that the mare had been discussed quite often by the town's stallions and had received more then a few envious stares from the local mares.

As the moments passed on a revelation came to Twilight 'All things considered, she doesn't just look cute. Truth be told, she is absolutely stunning.'

A few seconds ticked by as her brain caught up with her absent thoughts. Causing her to blink a few times. 'now where did this came from?'

Dwelling on it for a moment or two she decided to let it drop, having learned time and time again from a certain pink mare. In dwelling on those thoughts for too long lay the road to madness.

Yet still she could not shake the warm feeling she got from simply being with the other mare, not something she had come to associate with a crush or strong affection. No, it felt more like being at complete ease and not having to worry about appearance. That just being yourself was more then enough.

But as much as she would love to simply let Fluttershy sleep right there on the spot it was much better to bring her to bed. Not wanting another incident like a few nights before wherein she had tried to bring the mare to her own bed at her little cottage after one of their meetings had drawn out late as well. Try calming down a sobbing Fluttershy, who was scared out of her mind from waking up while being levitated in her sleep. It had taken Twilight nearly an hour before the sobbing had finally died down, and another one until Twilight could leave for bed herself.

Thus she decided on the second favored concept, a gentle prodding of the shoulder.

But of course, whenever one wants to do something fate often had something else in store. And the draw of today had been a thunderstorm blowing over from the Everfree Forest. A mental checklist appeared in Twilight's mind after the first rumble of thunder.

Walk over to Fluttershy; Check

Wake Fluttershy; Check

Escape Fluttershy's death grip; Work in progress.

The butterscotch mare had been snapped out of her slumber by the sound, and for some reason it had startled her so much she had clung to the nearest object and was holding on for her dear life and unfortunately for Twilight, that object had been a certain lavender unicorn she had seen oh so often when looking in a mirror.

A second roll of thunder came. This time causing Fluttershy to slowly open her eyes a bit and finally feeling the soft fur of whatever she had clung to in her reaction. To Twilight's relief the grip loosened a bit, but Fluttershy did not fully release her.

Softly she wriggled out one of her hooves out and gently started to rub Fluttershy's shoulders, careful not to touch the wings or the spot between them. Her books had taught her it was a massive erogenous zone for pegasi. “Its ok Shy, there is nothing to worry about. Remember the library is shielded against almost any storm. Its nothing to be afraid of.”

Almost shaking but with a bit more resolve she released her captive completely. Now standing in front of the other mare. Fluttershy knew she would be spending the night at Twilight's, they had planned it. But the storm would keep her awake all night, usually one or two of her animal friends would keep her company during these times. A slight comfort, but often enough for her mind to ease enough to let sleep come in. But here, there were none of her animal friends. It was only Twilight and her since Spike was spending the night with the Crusaders. A blush came to her face thinking about the little drake.

After the wedding ceremony the party had started and as always he had tried to woe Rarity, and as always completely neglecting the small unicorn at the side of his objective trying to get his attention.

Rarity on her turn broke the little guy`s heart once and for all. It had been done gently, but the hurt could be seen by all. But she had done so not out of spite, for she was very fond of the drake. But she had done so for her little sister. And her plan had worked, Sweetie Belle had been able to mend the broken pieces. How she had managed nopony knew, but all had been glad for the both of them.

Much later Fluttershy had snuck out to the gardens to escape the crowds and accidentally witnessed them share their first kiss. It had taken all of her might not to squee at the adorableness of it. Ever since that time Sweetie and Spike had been having 'dates'. Sure it may very well be just a foal's romance, but it was cute non the less.

The stray thought about Spike had soon spiraled out into thinking about an other, a mare she had looked at and pinned after herself. A mare she knew would be able to get her to sleep soundly if she was laying in her hooves. But sadly that mare was not present. But looking at her friend she realized that one of her best friends, and incidentally her fiancee, was there.

A small blush came to her face as she prepared to do what she thought to be needed. It was not a easy thing to ask of another pony. Especially not one who had been forced upon you. Her voice gradually lost strength as she spoke. “Twilight? Can I sleep with you tonight?”

A small sigh and a soft smile was all she got as a answer before her host started walking towards the stairs leading to the private rooms.

*Hours later*

The storm had long since passed but Fluttershy had a hard time falling asleep again. A dream what had started out so nicely. A gentle picnic in the clouds, watching the sunset then all leading up to the moment she had dreamed off so often, the moments her lips of touch the others. But instead of a light blue pegasus she had caught herself staring in the deep purple eyes of Twilight. Strangely though her body went through the same motions and her mind had made no objections like always before, as if it was the most natural thing to do.

Beginning by slowly stroking the other mares' face and taking a moment to take in the cute confused face of Twilight before going in for the 'kill'.

The kiss itself had been sweeter then anything she had ever imagined. Her dream had even created a taste for the others lips. Something a bit like blueberries, but milder and sweeter.

With that her mind snapped awake whilst still in her dream kiss. In the previous ones there had never been any taste or sensation. Only the act itself. Her thoughts were going haywire only to stop at a single realization. She was now wide awake, but the taste and the velvety feeling of lips pressed against her own were still present.

Slowly she opened her eyes, at first all was a hazy lavender blur. But as that blur became more coherent she saw what she had been fearing. Her lips had been pressed against those of a very flustered and heavily blushing Twilight. Within moments she had unwrapped the other mare from the embrace she had enclosed her in and had pushed herself away. Only to cause both mares to fall out of the bed. One confused and conflicted, the other in a near catatonic state.

Twilight on her part just lay there, wondering what exactly happened and even more importantly; why had she not stopped Fluttershy.

She had been waking because of the strange shivering of the other, she would have woken Shy earlier but the pegasus had a such a serene look to her and a soft smile, happier then anything she had even seen gracing her face had been present. No, she just could not bear to break her from such a nice dream.

Then came the embrace, warm and loving. She had felt like she had weeks ago in the castle. Safe, secure and at peace. As if nothing could harm her. She could just lay there until the end of time, gently nuzzling into that soft fur. A few moments of peace later Shy had placed her lips against her own. In effectively stealing Twilight's first kiss.

The silence in the room had been tense, but as usual it had been Twilight who recovered from the ordeal first. After a serious meltdown of the rational mind trying to figure out why she had even allowed this to happen her mind had rebooted itself. Although thinking a bit more rationally she was far from calmed down, a influx of what she had felt over the past few weeks re-emerged with even more strength then ever before. It had started with just feeling comfortable and more at ease when Fluttershy had been around. But recently she had actually caught herself looking forward to see the butterscotch mare again.

Not hearing any curses or being told to leave this instant, Fluttershy peeked a little over the rim of the bed. A small tear dripped down her eye. For the past few weeks she had started to dream about another mare again. It started like always with her and Flitter. But something had been wrong, there had been no sense of happiness. No smiles or fuzzy feelings at all. But then a few days ago the shape besides her had changed. From pegasus to unicorn, it worried her. And now, the one time her dream actually had progressed to full it turned out she had unconsciously acted on it.

But now seeing Twilight being lost in thought she stood up. Without even thinking she walked over to the other. Her insides were twitching due what she had planned to do. But something deep inside her screamed at her, saying her confusing dreams would end.

The lavender mare had not noticed until a soft poke drew her out of her own little world, combined with a soft voice.

“I`m sorry”

Before anything else could be said the normally shy and reserved mare pressed her lips against those of Twilight. At first she was met with resistance, but gently Twilight gave in and even started to return the gesture.

Neither noticed the fading blue light coming from their bodies nor did they notice the small spark of pink glimmering in their eyes.

~~~~

At the hilltop overlooking Ponyville two cloaked figures were looking towards the library.

“I just hope we did the right thing.”

“Don't worry, you know I can only create a spark. And besides, you heard their friends. There has been more then enough kindling for a bonfire between them. If not for their families they might have very well found each other at some point in the future. Trust me, I know what I am talking about.”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the state of this, my pre-reader and grammarchecker is not arround on this site anylonger =[

*edit* I`m a idiot, he chanced his name.
Grammar fixed (and some still in progress) by Twisassin

Anyone out there care to help me out on those parts?

Comments ( 27 )

It is in an alicorn's nature to meddle, or so it seems. :trollestia:

Now, are you implying a Spike/Sweetie story here?

FINALLY! Though they are quite a few errors. Maybe I will later go through and fix them and give you all the fixes.

2935045
maaaaybe. :duck:

2935069
Thats why i always seek a editor or at the very least a proofreader. I know my grammar is akward and horrible at its best. But the wait had been so long (personal live prevented me from writing a long time) that i did not wanted to find a new one before posting the chapter.

OK its gonna get out later that the spell was cast on them. They are gonna flip out. Bad stuff will happen.

Surprisingly I have never seen a story where it feels like someone has broken 2 of the elements apart enough that the elements stop working. Never seen it happen. SO many stories where I look and say that to myself but it never happens.

2935090 so apparently I am not around anymore, I just changed my name :twilightoops:

Ow... The grammar... The spelling... MY EYES! They hurt! ; ;

I know the feeling of wanting to post something after nothing for a long time, but... SERIOUSLY, this kind of things deters readers from following the story. If I hadn't seen that you posted this without waiting to find a pre-reader/editor, I would have honestly ragequit the story. Just... don't do that. That's saying you don't care about your readers. Quality is ALWAYS worth waiting for. It... It's hard to explain, but NEVER do that again. EVER.

2935090 there just pm'd you the edited version, I haven't gotten everything fully set up yet for editing, I had to get a new laptop last month :facehoof:

seemed to scream gracefull.

I don't know why but something screaming graceful seems to be a bit oxymoronic:trixieshiftleft:......
Good line.

great chappie even with it's few errors :pinkiesmile: i was wonderin when t spark would appear yet :yay::heart::twilightsmile: although it was embarrassin, not planned and influenced by a certain couple :facehoof: but, for t right reasons so yeppers :pinkiehappy:

2936073
That i did not know O.o Sorry for that O.o

loving the story can't wait till the next chapter
um now what do i do (damn it)

any news on possible updates?

Shining armor and Cadance?

I truley hope this story will continue, along with your other incredible work.

And if it is wished i could try to aid in editing, just give me a yell

i hope this story get's updatet soon :D One of the best storys i've read. And i have read a lot of story's ^^

6492430
I know, my dream is to one day write and publish a book. I use this site to gain feedback on my writingstyle so I can improve.

About when do you think you'll be updating this again? I'm so attached...

i realy want this to be continued pls make that happen :D

I know i asked this 21weeks ago but will this story ever be continued? It's just sad to see such a great story not getting updated :( Especially one that has my fav. ship in it

Please Update this story again :fluttercry: i need to know how this continues...

Still hoping this gets updated soon :fluttercry:

8649221
Same here. Bring us more twishy.

Hey,
i know i've allredy asked this, the last time beeing around 2 years ago, but will you ever be a new update to this story?

Finished reading this Story for the third time and still waiting for an update. Please I need an update to this story. I even would proof read it and help you with grammar (although I am not a native English speaker)

... come on at least give me an answer :( will you continue this or not? Hopfully the later because it is as i've said befor a great story. I could be your editor if you like.

Login or register to comment