• Published 4th Oct 2012
  • 2,862 Views, 144 Comments

Arranged happiness - cealdra



Sometimes bad things can have nice results in the end. A TwiShy tale

  • ...
20
 144
 2,862

Chapter 6

The night slipped by peacefully. After Twilight had finally stopped her soft sobbing and had went to a somewhat peaceful sleep Fluttershy had not lasted long as well and in that sleep an old problem for the pegasus had started to surface.

Sleep cuddling...

When Twilight had woken up she had found herself pressed deeply into the other mares chest, while there were two hooves around her chest clutching tightly as if she had been the favorite plushy of a small foal. As well as receiving an occasional nuzzle.

At first she had been shocked to wake up like this, but after a few passing minutes, she almost had one of her near legendary freak-outs when she caught herself sighing in content. Content not only with being in a cozy bed, but more about being there and subjugated to the tender loving affection of the other sleeping mare.

Moments of blissful peace passed as Twilight mused upon her situation and conflicting emotional state.

Her rational part had been picking apart the situation, trying to explain to her mind why the other mare needed to be woken right away. But despite all the effort this side was taking, a small voice in her heart was slowly winning ground. Whispering soft words combined with memories from times.

She had been flashing back to when they had first met, how the pegasus had gracefully floated in front of her birds before the scene had been rudely disrupted. Her trip ended at the night she had woken from her mental breakdown with the butterscotch mare besides her.

But strangely enough, the focus of the memories had no focus at all. They all seemed to be focusing on the small private moments they had shared. An awkward silence here; a hug or a bit of support there.

The more she thought about it the same strange but rather warm feeling she had felt the previous night started to show its face again. Last night she had thought it had been Shy's almost natural maternal aura emitting strongly. But now she was not so sure about it. Sure, it had felt like it would as if her own mother or even Celestia had been comforting her. But this was different, it felt so very right but at the same time it scared her beyond believe because she simply could not understand it.

Her musings and subsequently her self-loathing about that last thought had been cut short by the stirring of the fuzzy object clinging onto her. Softly the stirring became a bit more rational movement until a massive and surprisingly loud yawn signaled that Fluttershy had finally woken up.

Twilight looked up from the safety of their shared blanked and Fluttershy's chest. Only to look into two shocked blue orbs. Moving with a speed not unworthy of Rainbow the yellowish pegasus had detached herself from her 'plushy' and had rushed under the impossibly small place underneath the second bed.

A rather heavy blush appeared on the scholarly mare's face at her friend’s peculiar method of hiding. The head and part of the front shoulders had been sticking under the bed. But the tail end had been stuck high in the air. Almost giving off a full view to the mare it was facing had it not been for the long tail flowing in a long obscuring arch.

The soft quivering brought forth an almost hypnotic movement urging Twilight to come closer. Her brain had almost completely shut down until she had her hoof a mere inch or so from that teasingly flowing pink tail. She had almost brushed it away to reveal the grand prize it guarded when her senses snapped back.

Her already rather potent blush increased tenfold once realization struck. Her hoof still in place near Fluttershy's tail trailed further and gently rubbed the back of the scared mare. Her mind had pushed the past events into a small cabinet in her mind to deal with later. For now she had a Fluttershy to calm down.

It had taken nearly half an hour for Twilight to be able to coax the mare out from her hiding place. But now she had a terrified and sobbing mare on her hooves. It took a bit of concentration and a very keen hearing but she was finally making process into calming the poor thing down. For after a while a squeaking mumbling could be heard. It was only because she sat right beside the other mare that she was able to understand it.

“I am so sorry Twilight, after last night I should have just gone to bed. But I was so tired, I couldn’t even get up. And I guess you understand now why I never sleep close to others. I never meant to make things awkward.”

The down casted look increased to heartbreaking levels as the pegasus continued. “It’s alright to hate me now; it’s ok to hate a freak like me.” A small teardrop fell from the timid mares' muzzle. A single drop, spilling into the small pool which already had formed. A second drop never had the chance to fall into the collective of others for a lavender leg had draped itself over Fluttershy's shoulders and dragged her close to the body of the owner.

Twilight had acted on instinct, but she was wishing very hard for a pony like Applejack or Rarity to be there. Those two always seemed to know what to say and how to cheer somepony up. Well maybe not as good as Pinkie, but there was little doubt that the antics of that mare would do little at this point. She took a deep breath and decided to at least try and lift her companions spirit.

“Fluttershy, please don't think like that. You are a strong and wonderful mare. I know for a fact that many would agree with me. Believe me when I say that you are not a freak.”

A teary blue eye peeked from underneath pink mane. With a shaking voice Fluttershy spoke “Who ever heard of a pegasus who's afraid of heights? Who has ever heard of a pegasus who cannot fly more than a simple hoover or glide.”

And in an even softer voice she whispered “And what other than a freak can you call a mare who only likes other mares. “

Although it had been spoken so silent it was just above a whisper, but to Twilight it had might has just as well been shouted. It had explained a lot, Fluttershy's nervous attitude when speaking about a crush or even love in general, her being somewhat ok with being shipped off with another mare and her almost over the top reaction to waking up snuggled up with her.

But what had surprised her more than anything had been the fact that it had appeared that Fluttershy had no clue on what she was and although it had been rare to be fully that way it was not completely unheard off. Not very accepted but still it happened enough to be well documented as a biological phenomenon due the rather off-balance ratio between genders.

Delicately Twilight brought Fluttershy's down casted head up with her hoof so that they may speak more normally. The tear soaked eyes looking into her own nearly broke her heart, but armed with knowledge a small albeit concerned smile came to Twilights face as she spoke “Fluttershy, please listen to me. You are not a freak you silly filly. It is called being homosexual, or in more commonly known terms; being a lesbian or fillyfooler.” The confused look on the yellow mare's face spurred the other to continue with her explanation.

“And it is nothing to be ashamed of; who ever said that it was not normal was wrong. Now wipe away those tears, and show me that smile.”

Her last word was emphasised with a gentle nuzzle to the other’s cheek. Twilight herself had no idea as to why she had chosen to take that particular action but it somehow felt right to her. Right to be this close to Fluttershy and be able to comfort the reserved mare in a time like this.

That the notion could be taken in a different light in that situation had not even occurred to the scholar. But unfortunately for her, Fluttershy had picked up on that alternate reasoning quite clearly.

As the nuzzling ceased and both looked at each other again, Fluttershy had been in almost a complete shock by Twilight's gesture. To the unicorn it had been meant as a friendly comfort, but the butterscotch mare had some very mixed feelings about it thanks to the previous conversation. A rather heavy blush appeared as she thought about the dual nature of the rather intimate moment.

A blush not completely unnoticed by Twilight, to whom it had begun to dawn as well and had started to blush as well.

At that point of realization, both nearly into the big mac spectrum of red and looking straight in each other’s eyes, a pristine white unicorn entered their guestroom and nearly fainted at the sight of what she thought had happened.

During previous visits in the castle it had not been uncommon for the six friends to wander into each others rooms, although there had been some arrangements and agreements made in terms of signals after Rainbow walked in on Pinkie and a guard during a 'special party' after they had that hearth's warming eve pageant. It ended well, for the lucky stallion at least, but they had felt the need for some clear signs after that.

Signs both Twilight as Fluttershy never put up because they knew they had no need for them.

“Well, well, well darlings did I interrupt anything? Please by all means do excuse me and I will leave you little lovebirds to your well euhm private time.” With a sly wink and a smirk Rarity turned around and started to leave.

Leaving an incoherent Twilight stammering a ramble of excuses sounding a hell of a lot similar to “It isn’t what it looked like” and “Nothing happened I swear”. And a very flustered Fluttershy who had merely squeaked out a “EEP” Before curling up in a ball and quivering.

Casting a last peeking look to see if anything juicy had started to happen Rarity saw what her comment had brought forth. A two thoughts went through her head, ’either I was very right about this or I could not have been more wrong.'

Turning towards the other mares once more she gained even more doubt. Her pristine attention to detail and addiction to smut-novels kicked in at the same time, both perfectly blending together. Something was not right in this situation; the both of them behaved way too oddly. Normally Twilight would be in complete panic mode, but this time she sounded like a broken record, repeating the same thing over and over again. Yet at the same time, Rarity saw how the mare's eyes constantly flickered towards the ball-shaped Pegasus.

As for Fluttershy herself, her panic mode seemed similar to almost every other. But she had known the mare for years, and they had been the best of friends for years. During those years she learned the small but very important details in those panic attacks. When fearful she freezes or hides, but when completely embarrassed and fearful she curls up. When she does she always seems to face the one closest to her heart. Usually it had been Rarity herself or Applejack, whose family had taken care of the mare when she had fallen from Cloudsdale.

But now she had collapsed almost directly beside Twilight. These signs, they meant something. If anything all those novels told her the very same thing. The both of them had done something, or she had just ruined a perfect moment leading to a passionate confession of love.

She slowly walked over to the two others and gently nudged them with her hoof in hopes to shake them out of their stupor.

“So, the girls and I were wondering whether the two of you were up yet. So if you two would be very kind and join me. For I am afraid that if we do not come to breakfast soon our dear Pinkie might just start eating the table. You know how she gets when she's hungry.”

That last comment seemed to snap at least Twilight out of most of her stupor and had elected a small smirk. And with combined effort they had managed to coax Fluttershy out of hers. At least well enough for the three of them to make it downstairs well enough for breakfast.

Author's Note:

I so hate writerblocks..........

And again thank you TwilightWaffle for the spellcheck =]