• Published 7th Oct 2012
  • 4,643 Views, 215 Comments

Dead Space: Valor in Laughter - Kishin



Giggle at the Ghosties....Make them go away

  • ...
7
 215
 4,643

Credits

Well, this has been quite a journey. This started off as a side project, something that I felt would get down-voted like crazy.

But, to my surprise, it didn't.

I would first like to thank myself everyone that had kept up with this story. It started off a little rough, but I'm glad that people actually enjoyed this.

Second, I would like to thank the inspirations that persuaded me to start writing about Dead Space with their stories, I have a jar of dirt (who I'm totally jelly for getting more viewers than me though he has only uploaded one, single chapter and got featured, while I just completed the story) and AvatarOfShadow. Your stories were my inspiration, so thank you!

Third, If you guys have any questions, ask below.

And...that's it. I'm thinking of doing a collab with other peeps and ponies, but I guess I'll put My Little Behemoth back on the "Priority List", though I'm pretty sure that you guys don't want to read it anymore.

Oh well. Life goes on!

Comments ( 61 )

1595898
Well some people do think that it would be rather cliche to end on a happy note considering that this is actually a show where it all turns out alright in the end. So I guess they do the sad endings to get a sense of realism across. But yeah I can appreciate all the sad endings but sometimes you just need a good ending that will hit you right where it counts and not make you feel bad for actually feeling something, and I am glad I have come across some of those endings before.

1596311
Sorry I made the ending this way. I just wanted it to be ultra vague so you can "fill in the spaces" the way you guys want it to be.

You can think that he would be the world's friendliest Necromorph (though that would requier him to be dead, and that would mean the helmet's message would have been mistaken, but my personal ending would be him with a dead parasite in his body, a missing eye, but still alive in Equestria (how he got there...well there was this explosion you see :rainbowlaugh: . Sorry that was my attempt to fake-mock all the fics that have explosions transport humans to another dimension)

One part of my brain is saying it wants a sequel. The other is saying that it will just become a cliche HiE story. Damn....

1596401
First things first.
This was good story. Interesting, a bit random, but still in spirit of Dead Space. Mental trauma and everything. :pinkiecrazy:

Second. Just a note.
I have a Jar of Dirt made about 5-7 chapters before taking down all story and re-writing a single chapter. This means that story was ongoing, but... Well, it begins now again. Better text style and everything.

Third. Hm... What if... Just what if Lyra goes to Dead Space? :trollestia:
Normal Lyra (just pony) or obsessed with humans (fandom pony).
Also, there are many more places pony can appear at (i mean Dead Space universe). Including when appear at.

1598351

Yes. When Pinkie's involved you know that it will be as random as possible.

And Yes, I knew about I have a jar of dirt's re-write. I just wanted to say that to make myself feel better. :twilightoops: Sawwy.

Funny you mentioned Lyra. She was actually who I was going to write about in the first place. But....time passed, and I didn't want this to be extremely cliche along the lines of another Lyra fic.

Thank you for reading! You guys helped me through the bad times and the good but mostly the bad.

:pinkiehappy:

1598237

...darn. But this all occurs before Isaac gets onboard. But thanks for telling me potential plot holes! You never know when you need to fill up all dem plots! :pinkiecrazy:

1596401

That ending made me think of...
[youtube=20LTVNlJ3lw]

Superman...

1603426

Ah...the only animated movie to make me cry....that and Once Upon a Forest :raritycry:

1648770

Thanks! I like your Carmine avatar! :pinkiehappy:

RIP [placeholder name] Carmine :facehoof:

CRUSH.KILL.DESTROY.CRUSH.KILL.DESTROY.CRUSH.KILL.DESTROY.CRUSH.KILL.DESTROY.
Make a sequel!!!!!! WANT IT, NEED IT, MAKE IT! Other than that, nice approach to death!

1665617

lol nice Daft Punk ref!

And what approach to death did you like?

1665776 Sorry, I meant the whole in the marker/heaven/hell thing, Im not sure if that was cannon stuff since I havent really played DS is a while, but it makes a lot of sense "Make us whole".

1666227

Nah that was sort of me trying to make the story more interesting! It seemed to fit in the DS universe pretty well.

Anyway, thanks for enjoying my story! :twilightsmile:

1682784

Don't worry. It ALWAYS has to be done. :twilightsmile:

I DEMAND A SEQUEL!






Please.... A sequel.

1720987

:rainbowlaugh:

Where were you when I finished this a month ago?

And anyway, let's just say that the project was named after the infamous ship's namesake to start mass-producing. Dead Space crossovers aren't exactly "canon", so why the hell not?

:scootangel:

1737219

Oh, the ending was a parody of all the human crossover fics where people get transported miraculously by giant explosions in to Equestria....

You guys didn't realize it was satire?

Hmmmm....I better make it more apparent next time...

1738056>>1738116

Sequels?

But you guys didn't like the ending? :rainbowlaugh:

I only kid. But writing a sequel would mean NOT leaving the ending in a cliffhanger of "Yasuomi Umetsu"-levels of abruptness....

And sequels around here tend to lose their luster and attractiveness, and I don't want to lose you guys! :pinkiehappy:

1742579>>1742585 Me neither! And you could allways comw up with some magical doohickey to bring the guy back.

Comment posted by TheDarkOne234 deleted Dec 10th, 2012

1742579>>1742585>>1745556 Same here! It's not that I didn't like the ending, it's just that my imagination is so limited that I can't fully comprehend what Pinkie's reaction to June being possibly alive still would be like.

1776497 Or ten. Or twenty. OR JUST A NEW BODY BECAUSE HE'S PRACTICLY A FRICKING NECROMORPH.

1776963 But he did get infected, remember? Or does the virus only work with a marker around?

1782331 So that means June is just back to being alive? Yes, I know, I need to clean up my Dead Space archives.

1776675>>1776963>>1781105>>1782331>>1782643>>1783185

Are we still talking about this? :twilightoops:

The ending was meant to let you guys make the ending how you want it to end. Make Joon rampage through Ponyville? Sure. Make a very shippable future for the infamous duo? Sure. Make it just a malfunction of the suit so Pinkie just has her hopes up for nothing? Why not?

Just interpret it how you want it to be. And all will be well!:twilightsmile:

Peace, and happy holidays.

1785697 Wait... Does that mean I can write a sequel?! If not: :raritycry:

1787430

Well...I'm sorry to say that a sequel won't be available anytime soon. Sorry. Other stuff on my plate right now, and I'm getting a really good idea cooking in my head right now. :twilightblush:

Sowwy. :fluttershysad:

But if YOU want to write a sequel, as said in the comment, then I can't stop you. Freedom of speech, and all dat good stuff. :pinkiesmile:

If you write a sequal, involve it with like.... super quest that he goes on or MAYBE DISCORD HAS PLANS and the human guy can save Equestria because discord stole the elements and is using them himself and then all kinds of stuff happens and if you ever run out of ideas, just at buckets of humor, and then dragons, or something. Then they all go and..... Do something and through what they've done find a way to defeat discord and WIN FOREVER! Or maybe..... Maybe a shard of the marker lands in Equestria? Because a shard destroyed the Obannan. Or maybe the everfree forest gets attacked by some unknown enemy, causing all the creatures to invade ponyville... These all seem like good ideas to me that would be denied if I attempted to write them.:rainbowwild:

1869990

If I wrote them, I have a feeling they would be rejected pretty quickly also. :twilightblush:

Sorry. no sequel...:fluttershysad:

Oh no I need moar! Jesus this is the best story I have read since My Little Dashie. These stories are the things that make this fandom great! Maybe you could do another story with this. I need more of this please! :pinkiesad2:

2058614

Sure! Whenever you need company on Tau Volantis (besides John Carver basically being an ass to you), I'd be honored if you decided to read this (again)! :pinkiehappy:

My feels. What are they doing?
;_;7

I feel like writing a sequel to this, maybe. Someday, I suppose, unless you beat me to it.

2111828

I would be excited to see what other people think of my fic in their spin-off sequels, because quite honestly... there isn't going to be a sequel for this... from me at least. I feel like I had ended it more satisfactorily than the most hair-tearing, cliff-hanger installing, bastardizing, manhood destroying, $60 dollar-wasting quite dissappointing ending of DS 3.

But here! Listen to more sad music while the feels are fresh! And thank you for reading!


[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=McnY5QWK6UE&NR=1]

EDIT: Youtube link might be borked...

Sorry

2115074

Who do you think you are to slander Visceral? How DARE you!

Naah, kidding. I've yet to finish Ded Spess 3 myself. So far, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Mainly because of a chaingun with a flamethrower strapped to it I made myself. And a shotgun with a shotgun attachment.

YO DAWG

As for the sequel you seem to have inspired in me, I have other stories to complete. Time will show, I guess.

2115074
You do realize they made a Add-On that takes place Directly AFTER the ending of DS3?

2399850

Really? Sorry, I was out of the DS canon loop for quite a while. After DS3... I lost interest.

Sorry, I'll inform myself of it straight away. :pinkiehappy:

2115074 This song reminds me of this story:

2666821

In a way, but Metro 2033 was suppose to have less of a somber tone in their songs, since as your player is of Slavic descent, Misery and Sadness is in their genetics xD

Don't you think that you should do what your readers want? Create a sequel and you will probably be able to attract more readers, fans or followers.

2680382

There's nothing to write about, really.

I mean, what if I did write a sequel? Wouldn't it be like any other HiE (or depending on where I leave the story off, NiE, or Necromorph in Equestria)? And, there is that cliffhanger to deal with. Once you leave something as open as that, there's really no going back once you decide to write nothing more xD

And really, it's sort of a rule in the world of writing that only if your story gains an enormous amount of popularity, that a sequel is needed. This one didn't (even though this is one of the few Dead Space Crossovers on this site that ever really finished), so I don't really see a point to making a sequel.

Oh, and the fact that I absolutely abhor the direction of the mainstream single-player campaigns nowadays doesn't help my... feelings towards the Dead Space canon.

So... I'm sorry to disappoint I guess.

2680462 :rainbowhuh: well if you ask me you can probable make the sequel a NiE with the concept of hime being a hybrid with the power to control himself :facehoof: I mean that ould solve one of the problems am I right

3063162

True, but I'd prefer not to write anything about Dead Space... for a while now. Or at all. Just the mood of the universe is boring to me now.

Visceral basically closed the loop on any creative ideas that may originate from the Dead Space universe with their release of DS3 and its DLC.

Sorry. :fluttershysad:

3143997

Whoa, bro. Just... just take a deep breath. Close your eyes. Happy thoughts.

Everything's going to be okay.

We understand. A fic with Pinkie Pie involved isn't suppose to be taken seriously, especially when she only breaks the 4th wall in the first chapter (I think).

But go ahead, downvote it if you want. That's what it's there for. But I'm not going to apologize for something I wrote if I thought it was proper. An author writes for him/herself, not for his/her readers.

3513708

Glad that you were the... only person to notice... after a year of everyone readin this.... :fluttercry:

3723313

Why no one noticed? I don't know, maybe not many people watched 2001: A Space Odyssey :/

Which is a particular shame...

did anyone try and make a sequel to this yet

Login or register to comment