• Published 28th Sep 2012
  • 4,765 Views, 164 Comments

Son of the Princess - twow443



Princess Celestia has never had any foals. Or so everypony thought.....

  • ...
23
 164
 4,765

Fracturing Harmony

Chapter 10-Fracturing Harmony

Luna burst out of the library in Canterlot, racing though the castle as fast as her wings could take her. She was trying to hurry and reach her sister's room. After Shade had been let out from the hospital, Luna had noticed something odd on the changeling's neck. So, she had worked with Twilight to figure out what it was. Twilight was otherwise occupied today, but that hadn't stopped Luna from investigating on her own. But now, the moon princess was sure of what she had seen.

“Sister!” Luna yelled, rushing into her sister's room. Celestia was reading a letter from Twilight but she turned when her sister came in.

“Luna, is something wrong?” Celestia asked.

Luna skidded to a stop. “Do you remember that strange mark on the back of Shade's neck?”

Celestia nodded. “I was unable to figure out was it was.”

“Twilight Sparkle and I have been working on finding out what it meant....and we did.” Luna said. “It was the starting point for his first transformation.”

“I'm sorry Luna. I don't follow.” Celestia said.

“When you enchanted him as a baby, you made it so that only you and I could unlock his changeling powers.” Luna explained. “But that mark on his neck, it cast an oddly specific spell on him. Whoever put it on him knew what he was going to do next.”

“So what was the spell?” Celestia asked.

“If any sort of transformation or conjuration magic was used on him, it would automatically break the enchantment that you put on him.” Luna said. “I can only assume that whoever did this was spying on Twilight and knew that she was going to cast that clothing spell on him.”

“It had to have been Chrysalis, or her daughter that Shade told us about. She's the only one that would benefit from Shade knowing who he is.” Celestia said.

“That's-that's not the worst part.” Luna looked down. “Chrysalis also claimed him.”

“What are you talking about?” Celestia asked, worried.

“The original mark was a circle.” Luna said. “But there are two holes in the middle of the circle on his neck.”

Celestia thought for a moment, then her eyes widened. “She bit him.”

“Among other things.” Luna sighed. “Where is he now?”

“He's attending a party with his friends is Ponyville.” Celestia said.

Luna sighed. “Celestia. He can't go back to his old life. You know this as well as I do.”

“But, I don't want him to have to go though anymore.” Celestia unhappily said.

“Time isn't on our side, sister.” Luna said softly. “You need to tell him who it is, now.”

Celestia softly nodded. “I will go at once.” She stood up and hugged her sister. “Thank you Luna.” Celestia lit up her horn and disappeared.

. . .


Boy, I loved actually being able to enjoy one of Pinkie Pie's parties. The last one didn't even get off the ground.

Pinkie hosted the party at Sugercube Corner three days after I was let out of the hospital. Because I still wasn't trusted in Ponyville, it was a rather small party. Only my six friends were there the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Even though there were only a few ponies there, it was still fun.

Pinkie had baked dozen of treats before the party. Also, there were tons of games and talking and.....sorry. Kinda spaced out there.

The three fillies in the room fell asleep at midnight. Rarity and Applejack took them upstairs to bed. I was sitting at the table quietly eating a cookie. I had been the center of attention all night, so it was nice to have some time to myself.

“Hey umm, Shade?” Fluttershy quietly sat next to me. “Are you feeling okay?”

“Yeah, I'm just a little tired.” I said. I wrapped my hoof around her and gave her a little kiss. “Thank you.”

Fluttershy blushed. “Your welcome Shade. I really do love you.”

I held my necklace, which was filled with love from her. “Yeah, so do I.”

Twilight was coming over to talk to us, when in a bright burst of light, Celestia appeared out of nowhere.

As eveyrpony in the room bowed, my mother walked over to us. “Shade, I'm glad you're still here. Come outside with me for a moment.”

Slightly nervous, I gently squeezed Fluttershy's shoulder and stood up. I followed Celestia outside in front of Sugercube Corner. Not trusting what some ponies would do if they saw me, even with the princess there, I shifted into my pegasus form.

“Shade, I didn't tell you everything.” Celestia said. “It turns out that you are in more danger then Luna and I thought.”

“You mean there's more that can happen to me besides a weird mark on my neck and the fact that the queen of the changelings is out for my blood?” I asked. “By the way, what is that mark anyway?”

“Luna found out that Chrysalis bit you.” Celestia told me. “We don't know what it means though.”

“It hurts at random times.” I complained, rubbing my neck. “What did you need to say? I don't want to miss the party.”

Celestia sat in front of me. “Shade, I don't know how much time we have left before Chrysalis returns, but I think it's best that you know this now.”

“Know what?” I asked, wishing that she would just tell me.

“Your father.” she said. “I know that I refused to tell you before, but you should have the chance to decide. Do you want to know who he is?”

I sat there in shock for a few seconds, knowing that this reveal would only confuse my life more. “I need to know. Who is he?”

My mother looked into my eyes for about a full minute before opening her mouth and further spiraling my life out of normality. And I knew that my personal harmony would never be the same.

“Your father is the god of chaos, Discord.”

Comments ( 35 )

First.

Didn't see that coming, but I did at the same time so
I'm sort of not surprised. Good job on this story tho, I enjoyed it.

Please tell me there will be a sequal!

*faints:applejackunsure: Ok:pinkiegasp: did not see that coming:eeyup:

OH GOSH WHY?!? :raritydespair:

...sorry, I was just pretty sure I saw this coming from a mile away. And I don't like the pairing. And I think it makes no sense for Celestia to fall head over heels for an evil trickster. The only way to redeem this would be if it were a result of rape. :trixieshiftleft:

1491711 Oh boy. Your reaction just convinced me that my explanation is not going to be easy to write. :pinkiehappy:

Edit: Still though, I appreciate the help you've given me.

1491566 I'm rather sure there will be. :raritystarry:

It would be funny if shade was the highlander, for there can be only one!

for a second there I thought it would be futa-chyrysalis... but then discord...

anyone else thought this?

1492953
Scary mental image indeed. Anyhow here I thought Chrysalis had her "way" with him if you know what i mean, but I have to ask why not have Misty bitten him? Another point I have to ask is due to his parentage that is revealed, why does Shade have changling blood in him and not some other chimera-related parts from his father instead? I guess time will tell, good chapter man. keep up the good work.

1499297 Unfortunately I can't answer any of your questions due to spoilers. Fortunately my next book, Son of Chaos is out now. Questions will be answered there. Thanks for the support! :heart:

1499417
Hmm, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up

Not bad not bad at all
Good story :pinkiehappy:

1503929 Thanks! Make sure to check out the sequel!

1503998
I already did loooooong ago. Ur stories are great

1504211 Thanks! I really do appreciate it!

Discord and Celestia O_O

on another note great book love it

1544672 Thanks! Wait till you reveal how it happened. Sequel's out also!dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_Lyra2.png

ya ive just started it...
there is one bad thing thou...
I HAVE AN EXAM TOMORROW AND I CAN STOP READING TO STUDY :applecry:

1652192 Thanks! I really do appreciate it. And your help.

Discord is best Chimera, Draconequiss and god. He get's all the mares and Shade also has two sisters. Mist and... wait for it...

ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.5007760804086717&pid=15.1
Screwball!

1747862 Lulz?

Shade doesn't have any sisters.

How do discord and celestia make a changeling?!?

1878769 Gonna have to keep reading to find that out!

1903444 Consider it yours.

Did i ever tell you I love this story :rainbowkiss:

Hunter's review: 10/10
The beginning of the best story series I have come across in ALL of fimfiction. Love it. :heart:

How come there's no Hyperlink to Son of Change?

3591059 Well, if your interested, keep reading. It gets intense.

I was taking a drink of soda for the last sentence when I read who his father was I did an epic spit take!

Glad I wasn't drinking anything.

“Your father is the god of chaos, Discord.”

WTF WHY!?I CANT COMPREHEND HOW THOSE TWO WOULD EVEN MAKE A CHANGLING!

Login or register to comment