• Published 1st May 2023
  • 632 Views, 8 Comments

The Other End Of the Rainbow - ShowShine



Rainbow Dash, is the most awesome mare in Equestria. But what if she wants to be the most awesome stallion instead?

  • ...
11
 8
 632

Soaring

Rainbow Blitz lovingly stared at his reflection, flexing his muscles. He wore a loose red flannel with a yellow baseball cap. It was much better than any dress he had ever worn. It was freeing and cozy, just as he liked it.
Rarity had insisted on making it for him. ‘If you’re going to look like a vagabond, at least let me design your outfit.’ He recalled Rarity saying.

Because of this, she had spent days designing it for him and an even longer time using him as a model. Rainbow would never admit it, but that was the first time he had enjoyed modeling.

He flapped his wings, puffing out his chest. Rainbow flicked his shirt, watching the fabric flow. Oh yeah, he looked good.

The stallion lifted his head, rubbing his newly formed goatee. It was prickly against the underside of his hoof. Just like his mane, it was rainbow-colored. Pretty cool, if he did say so himself.

Rainbow glanced at his novelty Daring Do clock that hung on the wall. He blinked in surprise, squinting at the clock.

“12:30 already?” Rainbow asked in disbelief. He had spent way too long admiring himself. But who could blame him? He looked awesome.

Rainbow finally tore his eyes from his reflection. He hopped up, flying out a nearby window. Today was his special day.


Rainbow Blitz sauntered into a restaurant, patting down his wind-stricken mane. Ponies talked loudly, trashy pop music blasted, and the staff looked uncaring. This is exactly what he hoped it would be.

He had begged Rarity to not take him to some fancy restaurant. He thanked Celestia above that Pinkie had taken the event into her own hooves. He knew Pinkie would follow his instructions to a t.

“Over here Rainbow Blitz! Over here!” Pinkie Pie squealed from the back of the restaurant. She hopped around, much to the other restaurantgoers' dismay. Rainbow chuckled, flying over to his friends.

The area his friends sat was covered with streamers and balloons. Taped on the wall above was a poster that read “Happy One Year!” written in colorful marker. Under the writing was a poorly drawn picture of Rainbiw Blitz.

The decor stuck out like a sore hoof, the bright colors clashing against the restaurant's darker interior. Despite this, Rainbow Blitz couldn’t help but smile at his friend's effort.

Rarity scoffed, dramatically pulling a pocket watch from the top of her dress.

“It took you long enough. I nearly starved!” Rarity draped her arm across her forehead. Rainbow blew a raspberry, squeezing next to Applejack and Pinkie Pie.

“Relax, I’m only 2 minutes late.” He scoffed, dismissively waving his hoof.

“More like thirty minutes. Applejack already ordered for you.” Twilight said with a playful eye roll.

“Thanks, babe.” Rainbow thanked, pecking Applejack's cheek. Applejack tilted her hat forward as if to say, ‘You’re welcome.’

“And of all of the places you decided to eat. This place is simply uncouth!” Rarity scrunched her face in disgust. Rainbow shrugged, leaning into his hoof.

“Well, it’s my big day. I get to choose where we eat.” Rainbow said with a hint of smugness. Rarity huffed, mumbling something under her breath.

Pinkie Pie leaned over, placing her head on Rainbow’s shoulder. She could barely conceal her overenthusiastic grin.

“Sooo, how do you feel?” Pinkie asked, excitedly tapping her hooves on the table.

“Feel about what?” Rainbow asked, tilting his head.


“You’ve been a stallion for one! Full! Year!” She exclaimed, pumping her hooves in the air.

“That’s quite a big achievement.” Fluttershy agreed.

“Well…I don’t feel very different. I still feel like me,” Rainbow started, “But I guess I feel happier.” He gushed.

Pinkie Pie happily bounced in her seat, clapping her hooves.

“I’m glad you’re happy ‘cause I made a cake just for the occasion!” She reached under the table, pulled out a cake, and slammed it down. Bits of frosting flung from impact.

Rainbow stared at it in awe. The cake was massive, towering over the group with five layers. Each layer was colored beautifully with blue, pink, and white. It wouldn’t surprise Rainbow if she had spent weeks making that.

“Let’s eat!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“Now, hold on.” Applejack interrupted. “We should wait until after lunch.” She reasoned. Pinkie hummed, tapping her chin.

“Hm, I guess you’re right.” She said with a shrug, shoving the cake back into Celestia knows where.
“Here's your food.” The waitress interrupted, loudly smacking gum. She levitated the food onto the table.

Rainbow happily stared at his overly greasy hay burger. Applejack knew him well. His stomach rumbled rather loudly.

“It sounds like someone’s hungry.” Applejack teased with a chuckle. Rainbow licked his lips, getting eager to dig in. Rarity levitated her glass, tapping it with a fork.

“Before we eat, I would like to propose a toast.” Rarity announced. Rainbow Blit groaned, rolling his head back.

“Come on.” He groaned. Rarity glared at him.

“Oh hush, this is important.” Rarity said between gritted teeth. She put on a smile, fixing her mane.

“I am absolutely elated that my dear friend Rainbow Blitz has discovered himself for who he truly is. I wish for him to have the best future.” Rarity rose her glass. “To Rainbow Blitz!” Rarity cheered.

“To Rainbow Blitz!” The rest mimicked, lifting their glasses in the air. Rainbow Blitz grinned ear to ear, raising his glass above his head.

“To me!”

Comments ( 1 )

It's not every day that you see a FtM fic. Loved it btw!

Login or register to comment