• Published 13th Aug 2022
  • 1,435 Views, 44 Comments

Snowed Out - Rune Soldier Dan



A blizzard strands Rarity and Applejack in the middle of the woods. Things won’t be easy, but at least they have food, fuel, shelter… and each other.

  • ...
5
 44
 1,435

Year One

Christmas was one giant in-joke between the couple, but a practical one. Rarity had given Applejack a high-tech thermal blanket that condensed neatly into the trunk of her new-used car. Applejack gave Rarity her very own emergency kit, complete with matches, first-aid kit, flares, and a good knife.

Christmas, though, wasn’t the highlight of the season this year. “Roughing it,” Rarity had said, though it was anything but. A cozy wooden cabin for rent outside the Everfree, with all the amenities and power outlets a modern girl could ask for. A long weekend alongside forest paths and frozen lakes, just for the two of them.

Honestly, Applejack was surprised Rarity would even go this far after their adventure last year. Maybe Applejack’s influence was rubbing off on her girlfriend...

Well, a little bit. Rarity certainly hadn’t packed for a camp-out, bringing a hairdryer, three different shampoos, and a purse full of beauty products. There was more than enough room in the cabin.

They wore comfy sweaters and wool socks. Applejack wore sweatpants, Rarity… well, it was plenty warm in here. She began downloading a movie on her laptop while Applejack made the hot chocolate with a healthy spiral of whipped cream for each. Then she cooked popcorn with oil and pan, and brought the offerings to the couch. Thick wood crackled in the fireplace.

Applejack shivered as she walked by the window, leaking cold from the snowfall outside. But it passed with her steps. She set the snacks on a hardwood coffee table and reclined lengthwise on the couch. Rarity settled into her lap with the computer on her own.

They munched, drank, and chatted idly over the movie. The snacks were good, but the show wasn’t. Rarity closed the laptop halfway through, set it to the side, and rolled to lie belly-down atop Applejack.

Their arms wrapped around, slipping under sweaters. Rarity kissed gently like a kitten, barely brushing her lips to Applejack’s collarbone. Applejack returned one atop her head. They cuddled and snuggled, slowly going more passionate as hands began to roam, but with a calm and comfortable slowness.

And the snow outside mattered nothing at all.

Author's Note:

Thank you all for reading! May you always be warm and cozy.~

Comments ( 18 )

This was adorable. I want six seasons and a movie.

G'damn that was cute as hell. Loved it.

All's well that ends well.

Perfect ending.:raritywink:

A perfect litlle cozy story!

So cute! This was such an excellent story. 💖
Sequel? :pinkiehappy:

11391094
Nah, this was just a little thing.:heart:

Not even sure where a sequel could go. Maybe strand them on a desert island? :applejackconfused: But that's not cozy!:raritycry:

Wonderful story. :twilightsmile:

I keep coming back to this story. Survival in situations like this is already a thrilling read, but it draws so perfectly on the unique personalities of Rarity and Applejack, and the ways they interact with each other, that it hooks me utterly. The romance develops wonderfully, and something about the way it’s written really makes the air between the two feel natural and romantic. The kind of bond that can only be forged through a harsh situation is portrayed perfectly.
Fantastic work, dude.

11452937
I'm glad you like it, thank you.:twilightsmile:

aw, this was a cute little read, glad i finally got around to it. i almost wondered if you were inspired by that really bad storm this past christmas in north america, until i saw the posting date :twilightsheepish: regardless, cool concept and executed really nicely, well done!

I finished it and... the story was so sweet!! I already mentioned I'm super impressed by survival methods because I couldn't think of anything if I had to. But it was a super interesting read and I love the trope!!
Loved the mild teasing on Rarity's part and how they ended up getting rescued <3 Also them not having trouble getting into a similar setting the year after.

It's all just so sweet <3 It was a really nice read!

(Also, side note, but I'm glad they had their tooth brushes lol^)

11571734

(Also, side note, but I'm glad they had their tooth brushes lol^)

Good thing they were already heading to a sleepover!

This story was so good it made me make an account!! Love the dynamic, you really captured the characters well!! Thank you for making it!!

11597724
Thank you for the kind words!:twilightsmile:

I'm so glad they were found! I found this story almost a year ago and hoped they made it. They go along a lot better than I thought they would.

This is so sweet, I loved every single bit of it. What an adorable couple 💖💖

Login or register to comment