• Published 4th Aug 2022
  • 455 Views, 29 Comments

Transplants - bahatumay



Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle write each other about Wallflower Blush.

  • ...
2
 29
 455

June 30th, 2:23 pm

A little flower told me you had a visitor today!

I did! I was going to tell you.
I’ve never seen her so happy. She loves being an earth pony. I barely said anything. I didn’t have to. She told me all about having magic and her friends she made and the flowers she’d grown and tasted (apparently daisy sandwiches are her favorites) and the arrangements she’s learning to put together and how she’s the bravest of the Flower Friends without even trying and how they love her just for being her. I swear she was glowing. She loves her life now, and I’m so happy for her.
I think I’m ok now. I thought I’d feel a little bad that I couldn’t help her, but actually I don’t. She’s happy now, and I’m happy she’s happy. She bloomed.

She did. And she’s beautiful.

Comments ( 7 )

Not sure why that background scenery people insist is a character from Forgotten Friendship had to be part of this. Meh I guess?

Why is "and Twilight Sparkle" in italics, but not the rest of the synopsis?

11321695
A cue that in the journal entries, Twilight's side of the conversation is in italics.

This was very sweet. I can't help but wish we also got to see events from Wallflower's perspective, too. Like, she literally got isekai'd, except she didn't actually die. I can only imagine her inner monologue. And also, was Discord present at her O&O game? If so, her reaction likely would have been priceless.

A very interesting premise. There are several stories where Sunset decides to return to Equestria, but very few, if any, where Sunset stays in the human world, and another character goes pony full-time instead.

Hmm...but even though Sunset has decided she belongs in the human world, the story's plot point seems to revolve around Sunset not using the portal at all during this entire encounter, which is kinda a plot hole. I mean, she couldn't take a day off and go through to help Wallflower adjust when she woke up, instead of being surrounded by total strangers in pony form? Or check up on her once and awhile? Or visit her after she decided to stay pony? Seems kinda unrealistic and out of character? Though, I get that it needed to be done for the journal-format to be unbroken through the entire story.

Definitely an interesting turn of events with Wallflower with her wishing to stay in Equestria and enjoying the life there. The inner conflict of Sunset with Wallflower's wishes was also a nice to read adding and realistic for me. After all, in Forgotten Friendship Wallflower was putting the blame in Sunset. The touch of sentences ending abruptly or the smileys etc. gave also the feel that Sunset and Twilight are "chatting".

I was wondering a bit how the family side of Wallflower had reacted to the accident or if anything regarding her family would be mentioned, but EqG was not the show that mentioned parents ever in the first place so I guess that works too. :pinkiecrazy:

Nonetheless, a nice, "self-finding" story with two characters writing with each other like friends would do :twilightsmile:

She’s happy now, and I’m happy she’s happy. She bloomed.

She did. And she’s beautiful.

and a nice note to end it on. glad that Wallflower found the place that she belonged! and very fitting that she and Sunset's journeys mirrored each other, in a way

Login or register to comment